STOLEN
924 9 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sv1000spilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309249 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Spark 3 battery charger & transformer stolen from my car today in Bristol. If anyone see's one up for Sale in Bristol area can you please let me know.
2019-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. You may coordinate the situation with the local authority with regard to this situation for further action. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation that you may need. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-6
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

That's a bummer!
2019-8-7
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Did they physically break in?  Or was your car unlocked?
2019-8-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I doubt they will sell locally if they have any sense - try scanning Ebay
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder why someone would go out of their way to steal a drone accessory rather than the drone itself? It all goes back to my premise that DJI drones continue to be the highest stolen consumer product....
2019-8-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 02:37
I wonder why someone would go out of their way to steal a drone accessory rather than the drone itself? It all goes back to my premise that DJI drones continue to be the highest stolen consumer product....

Perhaps the drone was midair, that time?
One watches the pilot, the other one gets in the car. Easy!
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 8-11 05:01
Perhaps the drone was midair, that time?
One watches the pilot, the other one gets in the car. Easy!

I wonder how many people flying in public find themselves robbed point blank for the drone that the thief takes out of their hands and runs away. Those kind of armed robbery incidents I'd imagine DJI has to work with law enforcement in efforts to locate the stolen drone in anticipation of catching the armed criminal, however, they simply can turnaround and sell the drone in the black market and the person buying the drone knows nothing of the crime and later is pointed as the leading suspect of the crime while they only made a purchase and knew nothing of such serious situation?
2019-8-11
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 19:07
I wonder how many people flying in public find themselves robbed point blank for the drone that the thief takes out of their hands and runs away. Those kind of armed robbery incidents I'd imagine DJI has to work with law enforcement in efforts to locate the stolen drone in anticipation of catching the armed criminal, however, they simply can turnaround and sell the drone in the black market and the person buying the drone knows nothing of the crime and later is pointed as the leading suspect of the crime while they only made a purchase and knew nothing of such serious situation?

I get the impression that DJI distances themselves from Stolen drones in general, although they do have the power to lock drones and prevent drones from activating, by flagging them as stolen in their database. Obviously they can't do anything about accessories.

Not sure about drone related, but it is a common thing thieves stealing from cars/vans, that's why it's good advice not to leave items of value in cars/vans overnight and to not leave items in cars/vans where they can be visibly seen from windows.
2019-8-12
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 8-12 03:55
I get the impression that DJI distances themselves from Stolen drones in general, although they do have the power to lock drones and prevent drones from activating, by flagging them as stolen in their database. Obviously they can't do anything about accessories.

Not sure about drone related, but it is a common thing thieves stealing from cars/vans, that's why it's good advice not to leave items of value in cars/vans overnight and to not leave items in cars/vans where they can be visibly seen from windows.

Good advice, but I think people who visit these boards need to take vigilance regarding their drones given how much of a risk DJI drones come to getting stolen out in public.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules