Mavic 2 Pro - Gradually Tilting Horizon - Bad Unit?
3856 17 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

Hi there,

I'm frustrated by an issue I've I've been having with my Mavic 2 Pro - where the horizon is level at the start of the flight and then begins steadily tilting. You can see the tilt begin at 0:06. In the video you can see by the water that the conditions were calm, with very little wind.  I have not been able to fix this issue by either calibrating Gimbal (Gimbal Settings / Gimbal Auto Calibration) or by doing a calibration of the IMU.

I work as a commercial videographer selling 4K footage, and so cropping in and rendering at HD 1920x1080 is not an option. Even if i was to render out an HD 1920x1080 video, its very labour intensive working to adjust for a horizon that tilts over time.

I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro direct from DJI last year. I also purchased DJI Care that's good until August 29, 2019. I'm pretty sure this drone is no good as it can't be fixed by any kind of calibration procedure. Its also never been crashed.

I have commercial drone work scheduled for this September. What's the quickest way to get a replacement?

Thanks,
Rob

[size=0.875]

IMG_20180830_150901_342.jpg
2019-8-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

M2P is not known for bad tilted horizon, so there should be no excuses made, quickest way I’m not sure what to tell you, but for me I would raise a case with dji support send your craft in under warranty, but also try contacting a moderator here show them your video and explain you have done all the calibrations, the should be able to relay your case to engineers and if it can’t be fixed 100% then they need to replace it.
I think this should take 10/14 days it will be just as quick as using care refresh, keep your care refresh as a last resort.
If you can contact dji Mindy she is pretty senior around here .
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Def send it back - the horizon is always on point with my M2P - you've probably got a worn gimbal motor
2019-8-6
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Reinstall the firmware, just in case...
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue will still persist? However, if you wish to send it for diagnostics you can contact our designated department using the link below. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/support
2019-8-7
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks everyone for your help. I've just refreshed the firmware and will go flying in the next couple of days. Will report back to see if i can get a consistently flat horizon!
Robert
2019-8-8
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-7 09:32
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to refresh your firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue will still persist? However, if you wish to send it for diagnostics you can contact our designated department using the link below. Thank you for your continued support. Cheers!

https://www.dji.com/support

FYI Gamora,

So i updated and refreshed the firmware and took the drone out today. I'm still getting the horizon tilting badly whenever i fly forwards.

I'll contact support as you suggested.
Robert

2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

orbitrob Posted at 8-9 10:24
FYI Gamora,

So i updated and refreshed the firmware and took the drone out today. I'm still getting the horizon tilting badly whenever i fly forwards.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused you. Our engineers will gonna perform a diagnostics to your drone and then the corresponding solution will be provided. Thank you for your kind and cooperation. Cheers!
2019-8-9
Use props
GCMedia
lvl.2
Australia

I have the same problem..... Interested to see what the fix is
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Hi, perhaps I missed something, but did you shoot with H265 and D-log?
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_0NoweXvm7UFz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1522 ft
Ireland

Hi I have the same issue did u get it resolved
2019-12-4
Use props
dimondcrafts
lvl.2
United States

Experiencing same issue on the replacement unit.
2020-1-29
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

Hi there, Yep I did get the issue resolved - by returning the drone for repair. DJI sent me a new one (new serial number), and it was covered under the warranty / DJI Care that i had purchased.
Flying level again.
Rob
2020-1-30
Use props
david2d2live.ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328658 ft
Canada

Exact same problems here on m2p
2020-6-18
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same problem here. I never noticed before since I've always cutting few seconds clips for editing but now (three years latter my purchase) after I needed to take a bit push in shot pointed to the ocean and I saw this problem. Is there any solution for that without send it to DJI and pay a lot for something is clear not a user's fault?
2021-6-1
Use props
DuarteRebelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2003691 ft
Portugal

Hi,  I have this situation: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFUNRImKsv-xctxp2utT79M1ERDRUQDu/view?usp=sharing  i make this video to demonstrating this issue and ask: it is normal?!  i calibrate imu, and gimbal, and camera horizont still not good in my opinion.  i received this refurbished drone unit from a repair.   i viewed many posts and the answer is send to repair. i talk to dji, and they say its normal..   anybody can help me?
2022-1-27
Use props
orbitrob
lvl.2
Canada

Hi DuarteRebelo, Yes looks very similar to how my drone was behaving. Its definitely not normal. I had to send back to DJI for repair and they fixed it. My two cents. Good luck! :0)
2022-1-27
Use props
DuarteRebelo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2003691 ft
Portugal

i will try to talk with dji..
I never get this issues on previews mavic2pro I drive..
I was hoping there was a trick to solve it.. but unfortunately apparently there is nothing I can do

thanks! and thanks for luck!
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules