Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark RC auto Switchoff
1062 8 2019-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark_S
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Hi,

Im a Spark noob so please take it easy on me and let me know if its a basic setting which has to be changed.

I brought the DJI Spark flymore combo. Everything works fine the connection and even the flight but my RC switches off automatically MID FLIGHT (Few minutes into flying).

This happened to me Fourtimes, luckily the drone was not even 15m hence it handed right where the connection was lost.

So my questions are,
1) why is this happenning and could this be fixed?
2) Can i change the Failsafe RTH to always return to the homepoint when the connection is lost? (due to the fear i cant send the drone over water or any longer distance)

Thanks!!
2019-8-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ship it back to DJI asap
2019-8-6
Use props
Spark_S
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Hey, thanks for the response

Really? you mean for repairs only the remote?
2019-8-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1) Who knows, the controller does switch itself off if it is not used for a long period of time, but it definitely should not switch off mid flight, seems you found a pretty rare faulty controller.
2) I believe that is what it's already set to, i think the default is return to home on signal loss, your other options are Hover until connection is restored, or landing immediately.

You should definitely get the controller sent to DJI for repair/replacement, you shouldn't chance a flyaway or something else happening.
2019-8-7
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Um. That's NOT normal behavior for the remote. Contact support immediately!
2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The 15m IS the reason for landing direct
"This happened to me Fourtimes, luckily the drone was not even 15m hence it handed right where the connection was lost."
watch this, but find the reason for the RC failure. Is the battery down?
New Combo? Talk to DJI, to the  Seller, even not knowing how that works on Sri Lanka
I think i would fly the bird with the phone alone, for now!
2019-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

When you say (switches off) do you mean the RC actually powers off or that you get a disconnect of the RC and Spark???  A loss of connection inside of 20 meters will cause a RTH and if return at current altitude is not selected the drone will land where it is.  I think it's critical to have the return at current altitude selected, particularly if you are low over the water or rugged terrain when the disconnect occurs.
2019-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to clarify if the remote controller was fully charged upon flying the drone? If so, are you using DJI Charger to charge your unit? if yes, the phenomenon of is not normal, we would recommend contacting our support using the link below for a further evaluation of the unit. Regarding the return to home feature, the failsafe RTH would automatically be activated if the wireless is loss a specified amount of time. (3 seconds when using remote and 20 seconds when using wi-fi). For additional information, it's recommended to update the firmware of your unit.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-7
Use props
Spark_S
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Rustic17 Posted at 8-7 08:04
When you say (switches off) do you mean the RC actually powers off or that you get a disconnect of the RC and Spark???  A loss of connection inside of 20 meters will cause a RTH and if return at current altitude is not selected the drone will land where it is.  I think it's critical to have the return at current altitude selected, particularly if you are low over the water or rugged terrain when the disconnect occurs.

The RC actually switches off.
2019-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules