Quickshot Circle Mode Unstable
955 11 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snoahdavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388806 ft
United States

I'm pretty new to flying my spark but I'm trying to get good, stable (cinematic) footage. I like using the quickshot circle mode but most of the time when I select the object it has trouble keeping it in the center of the shot and the footage ends up jerky. But sometimes it "loses" the object and a location point shows up where it thinks the object is and it uses that to circle around. When it is circling around the location point it turns out pretty steady. Is there away to select a location instead of a object to circle around? Thanks, Stephen
2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The problem, a quickshot is set by visual reference.
You mark a point with a square, the drone is recognizing it by differences in colour, mostly.
So good difference between subject and background is needed
Try something bright red, against something green, perhaps.
And think about, a circle is changing the lightsituation, sometimes a lot!
2019-8-7
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

There is no ORBIT or Point of Interest option in the DJI Go4 app which allows the user to select a location as the center of the circle. This feature is available in Litchi where you can select the center of the circle on the map, define the radius, adjust the height of the AC, heading and gimbal angle.
2019-8-7
Use props
snoahdavis
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 8-7 16:45
The problem, a quickshot is set by visual reference.
You mark a point with a square, the drone is recognizing it by differences in colour, mostly.
So good difference between subject and background is needed

Okay, I'll keep that in mind and try it out next time I'm out flying. Thanks!
2019-8-7
Use props
snoahdavis
lvl.1
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 8-7 17:00
There is no ORBIT or Point of Interest option in the DJI Go4 app which allows the user to select a location as the center of the circle. This feature is available in Litchi where you can select the center of the circle on the map, define the radius, adjust the height of the AC, heading and gimbal angle.

A point of interest would be nice, has there been any talk of DJI adding that feature?
2019-8-7
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I used to do quickshot "orbits" with Sylvester, a spark I used to have access to. Since I got Phoebe and she quickshot orbited herself smack into the target, I've done my orbits by hand.

Here's how:

1. Position your drone the distance from the object you desire.
2. Look around for hazards you're going to smash into. Make sure you're well inside, outside or above them.
3. Center the object in the screen.
4. Move the right stick to either side to start the drone moving sideways.
5. Hold the right stick in position and use the left stick to keep the drone turned toward the object. Takes concentratio hey, a bird! rats, start over again. You will have one stick to the right, the other to the left.
6. Practice Practice Practice.

Manual orbits by me. If you watch close, you can see where I run out of attention span.

2019-8-7
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have often run into the problem you describe...always a little jerky on the yaw and often an oval versus a circle...same with Helix.  Tentoes has a great technique...the key again is very small yaw input and being able to keep that same input without increasing or decreasing the pressure.  And also based on speed there is some motion blur.  I find planned arcs are better using either technique and reduces the lighting changes mentioned earlier.
2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

snoahdavis Posted at 8-7 18:02
A point of interest would be nice, has there been any talk of DJI adding that feature?

You could check out the
Go4 mod 2.0
(google it!)

It is a Go4 version 4.1.15, with available flight modes of the mavic pro (from that time, end of 2017,methinks)
POI with pointing the bird in every direction you want, Mission with "fly the points first" (DJI mission mode 1)

2019-8-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Tentoes Posted at 8-7 18:29
I used to do quickshot "orbits" with Sylvester, a spark I used to have access to. Since I got Phoebe and she quickshot orbited herself smack into the target, I've done my orbits by hand.

Here's how:

Have you changed the sticks input to expo? It helps a bit, methinks!

https://forum.dji.com/thread-174400-1-1.html

2019-8-7
Use props
fansd59551e2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

nilanjan118 Posted at 8-7 17:00
There is no ORBIT or Point of Interest option in the DJI Go4 app which allows the user to select a location as the center of the circle. This feature is available in Litchi where you can select the center of the circle on the map, define the radius, adjust the height of the AC, heading and gimbal angle.

Good to know that!
2019-8-8
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

You can "ActiveTrack" a stationary object and fly the Orbit manually?

Film Like a Pro with ActiveTrack
2019-8-8
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Haggi Posted at 8-8 11:31
You can "ActiveTrack" a stationary object and fly the Orbit manually?

Film Like a Pro with ActiveTrack

Hmm. I'll try that.
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules