Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recording button issue
1070 3 2019-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simo83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72201 ft
Italy

Hi everybody!

Here is Simone from Italy and his  gorgeous OSMO pocket...with...an annoying issue!

My recording button is experiencing some odd behavior: it usually works as it is expected to but, sometimes, maybe one on four times, it doesn't trigger any action from the camera.

It happens especially on Photo mode: I wait the OSMO to focus on my subject...the gimbal has stopped moving...I press the button and nothing happens. OSMO does not shoot any photo.

So I try again with no success: no photo shot by the camera.

As you can imagine, my friends, it's really disappointing because sometimes in photography, timing is crucial and if you push the button but the camera doesn't shoot...well...it's really really really annoying.

Some points:
- focus ok, I wait OSMO to focus on the subject and then try to shoot
- I always wait for the gimbal to stop moving the I try to shoot
- OSMO is updated to last firmware
- it happens also with "cold" OSMO...I do not let it to overheat
- I tried to reset OSMO five times...no result.
- microSD is a Samsung Extreme...same issue with a Kingston top level microSD.

As a summary: my recording button works intermittently...the issue is happening oh photo mode but also in video mode...
I tried everything but with no result...can anybody help me solving that annoying problem?

Thanks in advance,
Simone
2019-8-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Seems like the button is defective.  Have you used it at the beach, or somewhere where it could be contaminated perhaps?
2019-8-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I don't understand your phrase 'I always wait for the gimbal to stop moving'. It should be stable once switched on unless you mean you switch it on and then immediately try to take a photograph. If it is the latter, the Osmo Pocket needs to be settled for at least five seconds after the screen has stabilised after the gimbal has stopped moving. That can be up to eight seconds after switch on. That is worse for video, which can take slightly longer.
The recording button itself should be working regardless once the Pocket stabilised and agree that it sounds like some form of contamination under the button. Either dust or if you have been in and out of air-conditioned cars or buildings, water damage. Going from one climate condition to another requires a period of up to twenty minutes of acclimatisation for any water vapor or condensation to work its way out of the electronics before switching on. The OsmoPocket is not weather-sealed in any way and care should be taken in such conditions.
2019-8-7
Use props
Simo83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72201 ft
Italy

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-7 16:19
Seems like the button is defective.  Have you used it at the beach, or somewhere where it could be contaminated perhaps?

Hi! Absolutely not at all, it has been like this since the very beginning...but I thought it was something related to the focusing.
2019-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules