Problem with the horizontal axis, it is not aligned!
8613 11 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6c906c71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97418 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, yesterday I set up and balanced my new Ronin SC with a Panasonic GH5. Everything was fine, until today I realized that the horizontal axis is crooked to the left. I tried to do all the reset (AutoTune, System Calibration, Restore Gimbal Setup, Joystick reset) but nothing! Even when I press the front button twice, it remains crooked.
What's the problem? Thank you

2019-8-8
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

2019-8-8
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

Anyone who has my problem, or can you help me?
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi doctorpablo, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-SC, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting:
1. Please make sure all three axis locks have been unlocked.
2. Make sure the gimbal has been physically balanced and then check the balance status.
3. You may try to restore the gimbal settings, Auto Tune and System Calibration after powering on.
4. If the issue persists, may we have the screenshot of the Motor parameters when the gimbal is centered?
5. Rotate the gimbal via joystick and then double press the Trigger button to center the gimbal to see if the Roll axis is still not horizontal.
6. Please check if the joint angle value is over 1 when the gimbal is centered? If yes, please try to calibrate it.

2019-8-9
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, and thanks for the help.

I did as you suggested:
- all the axes are unlocked.
- the gimbal is perfectly balanced (see attached photo).
- Done Auto Tune and System Calibration after power on.
- Rotated with the joystick the gimbal in horizontal position and then double press the Trigger button to center the gimbal, the Roll axis is still not horizontal.
- Recalibrated but remains non-horizontal at all times!

I enclose photo

2019-8-9
Use props
SeanC.
New
Flight distance : 69380 ft
United States

I am having a similar issue. (Sony A7III with Sony 50mm 1.8) I just got the device, I followed all the instructions, watched all the videos, balanced it perfectly when off but once I turn it on the Ronin SC forces the Roll Axis to a tilt to the left or right. It refuses to level the camera. I have literally tried everything. Adding different lenses, removing the camera from the SmallRig Cage, adding and removing the riser, adjusting the quick release plate, resetting the settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, calibrating the Ronin, auto tuning etc. Nothing works. I am about to send this back. I have the Ronis S and have none of these problems.
2019-8-9
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

SeanC. Posted at 8-9 05:41
I am having a similar issue. (Sony A7III with Sony 50mm 1.8) I just got the device, I followed all the instructions, watched all the videos, balanced it perfectly when off but once I turn it on the Ronin SC forces the Roll Axis to a tilt to the left or right. It refuses to level the camera. I have literally tried everything. Adding different lenses, removing the camera from the SmallRig Cage, adding and removing the riser, adjusting the quick release plate, resetting the settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, calibrating the Ronin, auto tuning etc. Nothing works. I am about to send this back. I have the Ronis S and have none of these problems.

The strange thing is that for a day it worked perfectly, then the next day it had the Roll moved to the left.
I wrote to support yesterday, but they haven't answered me yet, if they don't answer, I'll give it back!
2019-8-9
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

Video of the problem:
2019-8-10
Use props
doctorpablo
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 02:46
Hi doctorpablo, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-SC, please follow the steps below for troubleshooting:
1. Please make sure all three axis locks have been unlocked.
2. Make sure the gimbal has been physically balanced and then check the balance status.

Hi, I did everything like you told me, but the Ronin continues to be on the horizon to the left! Solutions? Support does not respond!
Should I return my Ronin?
2019-8-12
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have the same issue and have found a solution. theres no way to use the joystick to fix the joint angle for the roll which is causing the tilted horizon so in the settings just change your joystick tilt channel to control your roll channel instead. then you can adjust your horizon manually but it will still start out crooked at each startup. it's a hack but not a fix but it works. my joint angles are all close to 0 and it's still tilted.
there should be a way to manually adjust horizon like on the drones.
2019-8-12
Use props
nickllf
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here, hope DJI can allow users to adjust the horizontal center.
2019-10-21
Use props
PixelSyndicate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110407 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is happening for me with a Canon EOS R. I can set it manually by using my phone app's Force Mobile feature, enabling the ROLL, rolling my phone to get my camera display to show horizontal accuracy, then disabling force mobile. This fix goes away the first time I use the gimble trigger to reset to center however.
2021-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules