Big Boy's Toys Video
634 5 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This is one of many local historical militaria events that happen in my home county during the year.
It's the largest of its kind in Europe and is mainly but not exclusively concentrated on the period around the second world war.

It covers the way of life in Britain during that period, enacted by local historians that will answer questions posed by the public.
Nearly everyone taking part is an enthusiast. There are stalls selling anything related to the periods in question, from a uniform badge to complete armoured vehicle if you have the cash.

Over eighty acres containing over two and a half thousand working military vehicles. A town of stalls selling vehicle spare parts as well as various period dress from across the globe.

It attracts a varied amount of personalities with differing takes on why they are there which I find fascinating.

For that reason this video is not just about the war machines but a look at life from the periods concerned as well as the people who's lives revolve around these pieces of heavy metal.

On a personal level, this was still a part of my learning curve of taking and editing video. I have used external mics this time. The Saramonic SR-XM,1 and in the last third, and right at the beginning, my homemade 'Clippy' mics, using the Fel Communications 172 capsules.

Alas, no use of filters as I was afraid of losing them in the dirt or long grass, although I wish I had risked it.   

My learning curve is still in need of some education when relating to video. Some of my shots are far from stable, some of the pans, quite poor. I also can't wait to get a phone that I can connect to the side of the Osmo Pocket to get a stable connection. Having to cope with a small screen just about works for framing but is poor for evaluating how everything will look when edited.

Also I'm still stuck with 1080p.
Anyway. Evaluate for yourself. It is my longest video to date.

2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Ray. Thanks for sharing this very interesting video that you had captured. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-8-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cracking footage
2019-8-8
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm going to come back to this later - I had to start watching with sound off but I think that's going to miss part of the point!
2019-8-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-20 21:34
I'm going to come back to this later - I had to start watching with sound off but I think that's going to miss part of the point!

Yes. Sorry,
I realise I made this a bit too long for the average YouTuber to watch. Apologies. I've shown too much of the stalls before getting to the vehicles. I find the whole place fascinating and I still missed most of it.
Having music present is down to something to edit to and the background noise most of the time is boring. The first half of the video is mainly the Saramonic SR-MX1 microphone and virtually all clips with vehicles are using the Clippy Fel 172 microphone capsules I built myself.
2019-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules