changed a motor in the Phantom 3 pro I am having problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dazoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146306 ft

United Kingdom

• Hi I wonder if you can help me please, I changed a motor in the Phantom 3 pro and I am having problems starting it up'  I have downloaded the latest firmware off DGI but it is not updating the software the last firmware I used was Firmware_Update_Guide_en_v1.4 (2)   Is it possible you can help me get back flying please or if you can advise the best thing to do .
  • My Email is dazalmighty25@googlemail.com
  • Thanks again Darren

2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. If the drone experience any type of incidents, it's recommended to send the unit back to our facility as DJI don't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end due to warranty avoidance. It seems that this particular problem might involve software and internal problem. I would recommend checking our recommended service centers for them to have your drone and fix the situation. You may check the link below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2019-8-8
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-8 08:06
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. If the drone experience any type of incidents, it's recommended to send the unit back to our facility as DJI don't recommend fixing the drone by our customer's end due to warranty avoidance. It seems that this particular problem might involve software and internal problem. I would recommend checking our recommended service centers for them to have your drone and fix the situation. You may check the link below for reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Hi it was no incident the motor was in a shell shock case and one of the motors got slightly damaged in transit ' I have taken the old one out and its not working and down to firmware !
Do you have the latest Firmware as DJI have old firmware on there site
2019-8-8
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Latest FW for the P3 Pro is 1.11.20.

If you have ESC warnings - then DJI moderators will on request give you a download link for 1.11.30 which has a small modification to correct ESC errors which only affect some P3P's

DJI site online has the 1.11.20 FW
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dazoo Posted at 8-8 08:17
Hi it was no incident the motor was in a shell shock case and one of the motors got slightly damaged in transit ' I have taken the old one out and its not working and down to firmware !
Do you have the latest Firmware as DJI have old firmware on there site

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The firmware file can be downloaded by visiting the Phantom 3 Pro page on our official website. For further check, kindly see this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads. Hope that this would help with your query.
2019-8-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I cannot imagine why you would have start up problems by simply swapping a motor out unless you swapped it out with the wrong motor.  There are two different motors for the P3P and you want to be sure to install the same one that you already had.  2312 vs 2312A.  

Another possibility is there was never anything wrong with the first motor and the problem is actually within the ESC which is built into the CB.  If true, that would mean you likely need a new CB.  If true, you'd need the same CB you had before.  The CB and the motors must match.  

Good luck.
2019-8-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I agree with Mark, simply swapping the motore should not give you problems, providing you installed the correct motor. Another strong possibility is getting the wire connections wrong, or not preparing the wire properly. The wire is enamelled and you have to use a sharp knife to scrape off all the enamel before attempting to solder it.
2019-8-8
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-8 16:01
I cannot imagine why you would have start up problems by simply swapping a motor out unless you swapped it out with the wrong motor.  There are two different motors for the P3P and you want to be sure to install the same one that you already had.  2312 vs 2312A.  

Another possibility is there was never anything wrong with the first motor and the problem is actually within the ESC which is built into the CB.  If true, that would mean you likely need a new CB.  If true, you'd need the same CB you had before.  The CB and the motors must match.  

Hi the motor is the correct motor and it matches the motor that had damage 'when doing my checks one of the motors had damage in the shellshock case the motor was pressed down inside the shellshock case and would not turn free ,so I ordered the right motor for the replacement. I did not solder the wires I used scotchlock connections.
I have fixed drones in the passed the same way etc so thought this was OK.
on the screen it dose say latest firware ! Abnormal

I am getting a bit lost with it considering it was an easy mtor fix
2019-8-9
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 8-8 17:58
I agree with Mark, simply swapping the motore should not give you problems, providing you installed the correct motor. Another strong possibility is getting the wire connections wrong, or not preparing the wire properly. The wire is enamelled and you have to use a sharp knife to scrape off all the enamel before attempting to solder it.

I followed the wiring and its only 3 wires and colours  matched correctly the wires were not soldered i used scatchlock connections 'I have used these before without problem.
my firmware is showing abnormal
2019-8-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://tech.bareasschoppers.com ... ire-tap-connectors/

Read the comments too

Good luck
2019-8-10
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 8-10 04:15
https://tech.bareasschoppers.com ... ire-tap-connectors/

Read the comments too

Yes, the ESC probably "sees" different resistance values on the three motor supply wires and "thinks" there is a fault.
2019-8-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

dazoo Posted at 8-9 06:56
I followed the wiring and its only 3 wires and colours  matched correctly the wires were not soldered i used scatchlock connections 'I have used these before without problem.
my firmware is showing abnormal

AS the article Mark links to says, Scotchlock connectors are an amateur solution. There is no guarantee that they will penetrate the varnish on the wire, and you only get one go at it because it is a single conductor. Far better technique to scrape off varnish and make a proper soldered connection.
2019-8-10
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Dazoo, it sounds like you will have to solder the motor supply wires connections to get this right.

2019-8-13
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Did you get those motor supply wires properly soldered, or maybe we will never know.

2019-8-20
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all I started having ESC on my controller screen on my dji phantom 3 pro' it has been working really well, however I started noticing this ESC out of the blue ,without having any problems. the drone has been in good working order and has had no hits or hard landings, I was wondering if there is a new update or any help or info on how I can solve this and get back flying.
I first started noticing that the drone would not take off automaticlly however It did start manual. the next day i did try again and it took off, but yesterday I went on a mission I had nothing
Any help please , the latest Firmware in the screen says ( latest Firmware!)  HELP
2020-6-1
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dazoo Posted at 6-1 01:22
Hi all I started having ESC on my controller screen on my dji phantom 3 pro' it has been working really well, however I started noticing this ESC out of the blue ,without having any problems. the drone has been in good working order and has had no hits or hard landings, I was wondering if there is a new update or any help or info on how I can solve this and get back flying.
I first started noticing that the drone would not take off automaticlly however It did start manual. the next day i did try again and it took off, but yesterday I went on a mission I had nothing
Any help please , the latest Firmware in the screen says ( latest Firmware!)  HELP

version 1.11.20
2020-6-1
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2019-8-8 10:51
Latest FW for the P3 Pro is 1.11.20.

If you have ESC warnings - then DJI moderators will on request give you a download link for 1.11.30 which has a small modification to correct ESC errors which only affect some P3P's

Hi  I started having ESC on my controller screen on my dji phantom 3 pro' it has been working really well, however I started noticing this ESC out of the blue ,without having any problems. the drone has been in good working order and has had no hits or hard landings, I was wondering if there is a new update or any help or info on how I can solve this and get back flying.
I first started noticing that the drone would not take off automaticlly however It did start manual. the next day i did try again and it took off, but yesterday I went on a mission I had nothing
2020-6-1
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

If you have an ESC problem, cganging the firmware will not fix it.

Power up the AC/RC and App and look at 'About' which is in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go,  that will list the firmware and App' versions you are using in all three.............

Did you solder the new motor leads? Very important to have sound connections as the motors draw high current./ From you description though I think the problem is on the main circuit board, with the ESC.........

s-l1600.jpg
2020-6-1
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi the drone has been flying well since I fixed it the connection and it is solid.

After flying one location I went to another place, and noticed the drone would not take off atomic,  but was later able to take off in manual.

Now I am not able to start engines.

With ESC message saying take off failed, sometimes  it says battery error etc.
To be fair I have noticed one battery has a hairline crack.
I have used other batteries and the same happens.
I have also used another controller too,
From another phantom 3 professional.
But no joy at all.
The firmware is 1,11,20

2020-6-2
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You cannot just switch controllers. You have to "link" the drone to the controller - did you do that?

Also, have you "reset" the controller - might help.
2020-6-2
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi yes I did link controller and did try to update  , but it says it's identical.
2020-6-2
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Goi through the full reset/relink procedure.................I think the procedure is the same for all the P3 drones, but check as this is for my P3A.

R/C RESET:
Turn ON the RC (not the AC)
Press and hold the C1 & C2 buttons and the camera shutter button - keep them pressed
Turn OFF the RC and then turn it back ON and then let go of the C1, C2 and SHUTTER bottons.

RELINK the RC/AC
Turn ON the AC and the RC
Press the LINK BUTTON - it will blink RED
Press C!, C2 and the video record button - the RC will BEEP.
LET GO all the buttons and PRESS the R/H wheel the RC - (Camera Settings) - the first light on the RC will turn BLUE and the RC will beep DDD
The RC will stop beeping and the Link Light on the AC will turn GHREEN if the link was successful.
2020-6-2
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Have you tried 1.11.30  it fixed my ESC problems
2020-6-2
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4

United Kingdom

As I said back in post #20, turn everything on and go to the screen I showed in post #20 and see what firmware each item is running...............Sone firmwares are not compatible with others......
2020-6-3
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

cheddar-man Posted at 6-3 03:33
As I said back in post #20, turn everything on and go to the screen I showed in post #20 and see what firmware each item is running...............Sone firmwares are not compatible with others......

The answer is here (ESC status error after latest update) and its 1.11.30 a firmware not on the DJI site you need to ask DJI Susan  or DJI Diana for a link to download it
2020-6-4
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi the drone is all linked up and I am using the same kit I have used since flying last, The drone worked fine but would not take off from another area, now it does not work at all, no motors start.
2020-6-6
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi i have a copy of bin file 1.11.0030 all we need to do is find a way of getting it to you ?
2020-6-8
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

sent by email
2020-6-8
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hawk Wingover Posted at 6-8 10:09
here is the link if you didnt get the file by email  https://www.heyants.com/share/M0Y1RK

Hi the email link and Hey Ants dose not let me into it, to download, there is no way I can get into it etc I did create an account but could not transfer anything as i could not see anything, forgive my ignorance as I never use that site before.
2020-6-8
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi ive tried again as iam new to the site, i might have sent it password protected. Failing this we will have to find another way.
2020-6-9
Use props
dazoo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cheers All, for the help the firmware update did the trick, I just had is started, it looks full of beans lol I got some drone filming to do out on my boat , think i  will be in the water this weeks. Thank again for the info and help.  
2020-6-10
Use props
Hawk Wingover
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Glad to see another P3P back in the air, safe flying
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules