Care Refresh Questions
699 3 2019-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans059636ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144423 ft
United States

On 4th of July my Mavic 2 Pro decided to slam itself into a brick wall, and yes, DJI confirmed I was not at fault. I sent in for DJI Care Refresh and asked for the engineers to determine the cause, and I got not info back from them about the cause of the crash? It said this would take two extra days, and I already have the drone back, but will I get an actual answer on what went wrong?

Long story short, I flew for about 15 minutes, lowered altitude and drone was about 15 feet from me, out of nowhere it just tilted forward and slammed into the neighbor's house at 25mph approx. Did some good damage to the drone. When I went through the process of care refresh, I selected the options to have the flight engineers review the case. I only was told by DJI, we will cover the cost of repair and its a free replacement. I assume that means they accepted it was the drones fault, not pilot error, or I would have to pay the replacement fee.

Other question, shouldn't they have replaced the props too? The props were damaged due to the drone crashing, which was the drones fault, and the props are covered under Care Refresh, but I got sent back my damaged props with a new drone?

Thanks
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, we managed to get the case number via your Forum account, the drone was replaced under warranty because the accident was non-pilot error.
As for the propellers were not replaced, we will escalate to the team to double-check, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-8-8
Use props
fans059636ad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144423 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-8 20:28
Hello there, we managed to get the case number via your Forum account, the drone was replaced under warranty because the accident was non-pilot error.
As for the propellers were not replaced, we will escalate to the team to double-check, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank you Mindy, you are always so helpful on here, I just received an email from DJI.

Regarding the flight engineer review, am I wrong in thinking that they would provide me a reason as to why the drone crashed? Or was that the review that noted it was not pilot error? I was just hoping they could provide some more info on what went wrong, so I know for future flights.

Thank you again for all your help on here.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans059636ad Posted at 8-9 07:29
Thank you Mindy, you are always so helpful on here, I just received an email from DJI.

Regarding the flight engineer review, am I wrong in thinking that they would provide me a reason as to why the drone crashed? Or was that the review that noted it was not pilot error? I was just hoping they could provide some more info on what went wrong, so I know for future flights.

You are very welcome, non-pilot error is all we got, don't worry about your own operation, just keep everything updated and perform the safety check before each flight.
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules