MAVIC 2 Pro improvements
1319 11 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

SImple software/firmware changes that could raise the Mavic 2 series to a whole different level. As an owner of a Phantom 0 (2012), 2x inspire 1 pros & now a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller,  I’m blown away by DJI’s technology improvements but also baffled by  some seemingly trivial & frustrating limitations as follows;
1 - we should be able to customize the controls more, eg yaw the gimbal  with the RHS dial, centre the gimbal in yaw with C1 &/or C2 (without  the 90 pitch down). These are fundamental & necessary for smooth  filming where u pitch and yaw at the same time.
2 - make the Waypoints feature more advanced (l’ve used Autoflight  Autopilot with the Inspire for 3 years, it gives the Inspire a whole new  dimension)
3 - the SmartController has some very weird characteristics, the camera  settings are “sticky”, it’s really hard to change an aperture or shutter  speed, the settings stick then suddenly move way beyond the desired  value.
       -  Also the Go 4 app sometimes shuts down for no apparent reason and has to be reopened.
       - DJI seems reluctant to support third party Apps such as Litchi.  Why is this, the DJI Apps are so basic and interior, the third party  Apps add so much more value to the product.
4 - the camera/gimbals are amazing but why not allow the zoom &  hassablad to be interchangeable the way that the Inspire camera/gimbal  is attached, most people would buy the extra camera

Anyway over and above these frustrations, the Mavic 2Pro is an amazing product, thank you DJI.
2019-8-9
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

We need to be able to set the speed of the craft in Hyperlapses.  DJi has a set speed - why?
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ralphhuttonthompson. Thank you for these information and for your insight with regards to this matter. I will forward these information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your kind and understanding and for your valued support.
2019-8-9
Use props
Peaches18
lvl.2

Canada

Nice ideas! Following!
2019-8-9
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I think the main reason for all these issues is because
DJI outsources its software. None of its software is done in house.
2019-8-10
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

With respect to #4 - I watched this video apparently it takes less than 5 minutes to change the Mavic 2 Pro's camera to the Mavic 2 Zoom's camera:
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 03:53
With respect to #4 - I watched this video apparently it takes less than 5 minutes to change the Mavic 2 Pro's camera to the Mavic 2 Zoom's camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGNiaDJs2s&t=150s

Do you know where you can buy just the cameras as standalone products?
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-11 04:07
Do you know where you can buy just the cameras as standalone products?

I've seen both cameras on sale at Amazon and Ebay:

Amazon: Zoom Camera Gimbal - https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic ... mp;s=toys-and-games

Amazon: Pro Camera Gimbal - https://www.amazon.com/Gimbal-Ha ... mp;s=toys-and-games

EBAY: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... +zoom+camera+gimbal

I want to purchase the Pro camera gimbal but it seems more cost effective to buy the Mavic 2 Pro and simply pay the cheaper price to buy the Zoom camera separately rather than purchase the Pro camera separately given the Zoom costs $300s and the Pro Hasselblad costs $699 or close to $400 more. I just purchased my Zoom 1 week ago and have 15 days to return it therefore I'm thinking of buying the Mavic 2 Pro and then purchasing the Zoom camera separately?...
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 19:03
I've seen both cameras on sale at Amazon and Ebay:

Amazon: Zoom Camera Gimbal - https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-Zoom-Gimbal-Camera/dp/B07MPQXHV5/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=dji+mavic+2+zoom+camera+gimbal&pd_rd_i=B07MPQXHV5&pd_rd_r=e1919f0c-652b-4f7b-a714-723b3dcc6962&pd_rd_w=tqd7E&pd_rd_wg=vE048&pf_rd_p=a6d018ad-f20b-46c9-8920-433972c7d9b7&pf_rd_r=7EX9EW4PF1TXHGVAGBJJ&qid=1565571224&s=toys-and-games

Thanks for the links mate
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-11 22:19
Thanks for the links mate

You're welcome...
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2019-8-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Upvote for #1 - I'd like to see them extend the feature to allow for mapping,  like how drone deploy does it,  not fussed about having them stitch the images just so long as it can capture them.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules