Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Vanished During Waypoint - DJI Won't Replace
1324 9 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ll_freddy_ll
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495791 ft
United States

Last Sunday, I took off to fly a waypoint route that I had completed 4-5 other times.  I recorded my hompoint on takeoff, set all of the waypoints and altitudes, and allowed the aircraft to fly the route completely automated.  At 3000' from the RC, communication dropped and the drone never returned home.  In a panic, I drove to the "Find My Drone" location, and I reestablished RC connection with the aircraft at 1% power remaining.  My physical location was about 250' from the "Find My Drone" location, yet the RC indicated that the aircraft was 5000' away.  I submitted all of the flight data to DJI, and I was told simply that the flight ended with "no abnormalities".  Well, a $1,400 aircraft not returning home under complete control of its own flight software is a pretty glaring abnormality for me, so I can't say I agree at all with the analysis.

DJI has offered only a 30% discount on a new drone with no explanation why 70% of the fault lies with me.  I've attempted to reply to DJI's flight analysis team three times since I received the initial email with no reply.  When I tried to call Customer Support I was told that they would not be able to comment on the case and that I would have to work with the data analysis team only.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point.  If I did something wrong that caused the issue, I'll accept that, but I do not feel that I have, and I've provided DJI with all of the information I can to substantiate this.  My drone was purchased only a month ago, and I signed up for the Care Refresh at the same time.

I'm posting this as a warning for others who may find themselves in a similar situation.  If anyone from DJI can comment or help, it would certainly be appreciated.

2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-8-9
Use props
ll_freddy_ll
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the response.  I look forward to hearing from them.
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

ll_freddy_ll Posted at 8-9 11:56
Thank you for the response.  I look forward to hearing from them.

You're most welcome. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us.
2019-8-9
Use props
ll_freddy_ll
lvl.1
United States

So.. a warning to anyone reading this - if your drone doesn't come home when flying a waypoint route using DJI's flight software, you're basically out 70% of every penny you paid for it.  Here's how it goes via DJI Dora:

"Due to the interruption of the record, the cause for this incident was not recorded, but it was verified from the record that there was no malfunction found before the record was cut off. The aircraft was under your control and responded well, it worked normally before flight record ended. The aircraft showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction during the whole flight. For your case, it's unable to locate the main reason according to the flight records you provided, we cannot explain the detail of the incident or rule out any possible speculation. We understand there is no pilot's error in this flight, but we have to state that no product issue can be found before the flight record ended, either. As such, we provide the 30% discount for this case."  

My suggestion is to never trust the waypoint software unless you have the spare cash laying around to buy another drone.  DJI certainly could care less.

2019-8-10
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sorry this happened to ya.
2019-8-12
Use props
ll_freddy_ll
lvl.1
United States

Thanks.  Really sucks.. Absolutely loved that thing.
2019-8-12
Use props
djiuser_C75B5u384ajL
lvl.1

India

While one of the incident happens with me also made to call the DJI support, assuming of a help from their side. The people there represents themselves as technical , but do not have the basic knowledge about the product. It seems that they have been asked to mug up some limited amount of data and deliver it everyone and anyone, regardless of the issue.
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_C75B5u384ajL
lvl.1

India

Still waiting for the response of the dev team.
2019-12-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_C75B5u384ajL Posted at 12-5 23:57
Still waiting for the response of the dev team.

I am sorry to hear about the accident. May I know how you contact us? Is there a case or ticket number that I can refer to? I'll keep an eye on the progress.
2019-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules