Can't balance roll Axis Ronin SC
15539 11 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanC.
New
Flight distance : 69380 ft
United States

I just received my Ronin SC and am having issues balancing the Roll Axis. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and the camera is perfectly balanced with the power off. Once I turn the RoninSC on the RoninSC forces the camera roll axis either to the left or the right which overloads the motor. I dont understand why it is doing this instead of centering. If I try to manually adjust the roll it forces it to the other side. Its like it will tilt to the left or right but wont center.

The balance test fails every time on the roll axis but the other 2 axis are 'Excellent'. I have literally tried everything and I am about to send this back and go back to the Ronin S...

I am using the Sony A7III with Sony 50mm 1.8. So far I have added different lenses, removed the camera from the SmallRig Cage, put it back in the smallRig cage,  adding and removing the riser, adjusting the quick release plate to about every possible position, resetting the settings, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, calibrating the Ronin, autotuning etc.

I have removed everything from the camera and tried what feels like 100 different configurations, all of which perfectly balance while the Ronin is off, but are forced to the left or right on the Roll Axis once powered on.

I am beyond frustrated & I am about to send this thing back, I have literally wasted like 6 hours troubleshooting. The sad part is, I just returned my Ronin S to buy this thing. The Ronin S worked perfectly.... I may have to just go back to the Ronin S.

2019-8-9
Use props
Dimitris Fragkakis
New

Greece

I have the Ronin s,i am doing the balance test and the pitch always writes re balance needed..i have tried anything and nothing changes..
2019-8-9
Use props
Carsalespro
lvl.1

Australia

Thats a bugger, I had plenty of head scratching with the roll axis but it seems to be fine now-
2019-8-10
Use props
stemark44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17749 ft
United Kingdom

I am in the same boat....I just purchased the Ronin sc and I am having a lot of difficulty getting it to balance.After going through all the balance stages the camera and lens look perfectly balanced.....I then turn the gimbal on and run the tests on my phone...when I run motor parameters .....it always says calibration successful but when I run balance adjustment ....it always says Yaw needs rebalanced.....everything else is perfect.....how can I fix Yaw and what is it and where is it on gimbal?
I am using a Sony A6400 and Sony 18-105mm F4.
2019-8-21
Use props
Samimarz
New

Belgium

I have the exact same problem with the sony a6300 with the sony e 18-105mm. It is driving me crazy. Has someone a solution to the problem or should I send it back?
2019-8-21
Use props
stemark44
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17749 ft
United Kingdom

Samimarz Posted at 8-21 11:09
I have the exact same problem with the sony a6300 with the sony e 18-105mm. It is driving me crazy. Has someone a solution to the problem or should I send it back?

watch this guy....he was a massive help...best set up tutorial out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9XczVp02gA&t=170s
2019-8-22
Use props
Abdul Manan
New

Pakistan

Same happening with me after using 1 year.. no clue what ro do
2020-12-9
Use props
KD Mack
lvl.1

Canada

stemark44 Posted at 2019-8-22 01:07
watch this guy....he was a massive help...best set up tutorial out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9XczVp02gA&t=170s

Thank you sooooo much for posting the link to that video. It solved my problem. I couldn’t get it balanced and followed DJI’s video tutorials to the letter. Then this guy says ALSO run it through auto-tune. That adjusted the motors to suit the weight of my camera. That did it!! Thanks again!!
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_L9ZlO4cogVOM
lvl.1

Serbia

I have the same problem still, even though it's perfectly balanced.
2021-9-25
Use props
Moritz A
New

Germany

Sad that there is no support from the people who build this product although they have this platform. The solution which worked out for me: 1. Connect with the ronin app from the DJI website (not playstore ) 2. select status > and perform the advanced calibration. Done!
2022-4-25
Use props
MadCow
New

South Africa

Moritz A Posted at 4-25 03:31
Sad that there is no support from the people who build this product although they have this platform. The solution which worked out for me: 1. Connect with the ronin app from the DJI website (not playstore  ) 2. select status > and perform the advanced calibration. Done!

I don't see this option on the app. I am dumbstruck that no DJI representative has actually helped in this matter. People are complaining everywhere on the internet, but I do not see any way to fix this problem. Should we throw away our DJI and buy something else?
2022-5-31
Use props
EarthShadow
New
Flight distance : 3353 ft
United States

For anyone else still struggling with this, go to the Status screen and use System or Horizontal calibration.

This fixed my issue, which was that no matter what camera I had on the SC, after balancing I would turn on the SC and it would move to a position with a slight roll angle.
1-3 09:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules