MY BIG WISH - LIMITS and PRIORITY for auto ISO and SHUTTER SPEED
1234 10 2019-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ASTORIA
lvl.1

Spain

HI DJI,Please, add a pro feature to the Osmo Pocket which can make this camera even greater.
The feature is a software change which is very easy to implement.
I use ND filters with the camera and I feel the need to maintain constant video quality in changing high dynamic range situations.
I suggest adding Limiting and Priority functions to the manual exposure menu.
Limiting would have min and max values, and Priority - shutter speed or iso.

A scenario
On a very bright day when I use a ND16 filter I want to limit camera's shutter speed from 1/60 to 1/160 and priority set to ISO, keeping it at the minimum sensitivity.
all possible values would be
SS 1/160 ISO100  very bright scene
ss 1/120 iso100
ss 1/100 iso100
ss 1/80 iso100
ss 1/60 iso100 in shadows
ss 1/60 iso200  iso priority ends when there are no iso limits

Thank you for your attention.

2019-8-9
Use props
ASTORIA
lvl.1

Spain

In the scenario, ISO could have these possible limits min=100, max=200 or greater, or max is unlimited, unlimited is the default value. Also the priority function would always start with the smallest value. Or you may want to add the direction to the list of values, min->max or max->min. Thanks.
2019-8-9
Use props
Dogilal
lvl.1

India

2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ASTORIA. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your suggestion with us. I will forward these thread and these valued information that you have provided us today to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.
2019-8-9
Use props
ASTORIA
lvl.1

Spain

MENU LAYOUT
2019-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for posting this layout ASTORIA. Rest assured that these information will be forwarded as well. Thank you.
2019-8-9
Use props
ASTORIA
lvl.1

Spain

I forgot that we need to define what kind of exposure we will tolerate at the limit points.
Therefore we need to add to the menu overexposure and underexposure values. Those are human defined and can be measured using the Osmo Pocket beforehand. So the algorithm will know that between -3 and +1 I am ready to have, say, 6 different ISO and Shutter speed combinations, and will be able to map those values to the exposure levels.
I updated the menu design, only it became a bit cumbersome.
2019-8-9
Use props
ASTORIA
lvl.1

Spain

the problem with the OSMO POCKET is that in auto mode the camera can jump to a higher ISO and ruin the quality of the picture.
my offer is to lock ISO and let shutter speed vary within predefined limits.
for example, under HDR  conditions the advisable thing is to use D-CINELIKE signal encoding, but it works fine only when ISO is 100. Everything above is too noisy.
therefore I need to set ISO to 100 and leave shutter speed to vary within limits.
why we want limits, you ask, because we don't want too slow shutter speed in a dynamic situation, for example, fast panning.
the simplified solution is this
1. set the ISO level
2. set the minimum shutter speed for the maximum exposure then point camera to the darkest area and confirm the exposure level whether underexposed or overexposed.
3. set the maximum shutter speed for the minimum exposure then point camera to the brightest area and confirm the exposure level;
this way, the algorithm will be able to calculate how to vary the shutter speed within those limits.
and the cameraman will have no worries filming his another cool video. thanks.
2019-8-10
Use props
Philosmo
lvl.1
Germany

Love the suggestion!Definitely supporting this idea.
2020-2-9
Use props
Kajetan
lvl.1
Poland

This is great suggestion! I was thinking about it as well.
DJI should add this.
This would be really helpfull.
2020-2-10
Use props
kaossino
New
Italy

Hi, it would also be very useful to have intermediate ISO values. The jump from 800 to 1600 and from 1600 to 3200 is really too much for such a small sensor. There are situations in which being bound to set the shutter for example to 1/50, ISO 1200 or ISO 2400 would be needed for correct exposure.
It would be very, very useful to have intermediate values between the ISOs.

thanks a lot
2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules