1335 1 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ra Phi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 353271 ft
Switzerland

Hi all,

something strange happened during our past holidays. I usually pay attention to not even come close to a no-flight zone but I only considered airports to be restricted (my bad, I know better now ;)). So what happend is we were on a cliff at a coast line below what we thought is a castle. I switched the Mavic Air on and took off, after it gained 2 meters in height and flew about 2 meters forward I've got red warnings in the DJI Go App that this is a restricted zone because the castle behind us apparently is a prison and the drone is not allowed to fly here.

Uff okay, after the initial shock I wanted to land again immediatelly but the drone just wouldn't come back to me. I could fly forward or higher but not back to me, as if it was hitting a wall and the drone was already over the cliff with deep water 30m below it.

My heartrate went up and huge sweat pearls formed on my head, I thought I will lose the drone. I then tried to fly sideways and fortunately this worked, so I followed the path we were on and flew the drone sideways while also pushing the stick backwards and then finally it began to come back, the instant it was over the path and solid ground I landed and packed the drone back into the case.

Long story short: why does the drone take-off in a no-fly zone in the first place and then won't let me land where it took off, is this a bug? I waited for the green Ready sign in the DJI Go App which means it had connection to enough satelites already, hence it should've known that this is a no-fly zone and refuse to take off. Or are my expectations wrong?

2019-8-10
Use props
verminswillpig
New

United Kingdom

same thing hapend to me. luckily it hadn't got far away from me. maybe there should be a software update
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules