Mavic Pro IMU calibration failures
6219 6 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hnL7F86iPjaZ
lvl.1
United States

Hi folks.
Ive had my mavic pro a couple of years now without any issues. Until yesterday. Took it out to fly and got the’ IMU needs calibration’ alert. Attempted to do it in the field a number of times, both w controller and via wifi to the drone. No luck. Read that it needs to be cool w no fans running. Tried a number of times again, no luck. Updated firmware, uninstalled-reinstalled Dji Go, no luck. Reset to factory and updated firmware, no luck. Ummm, is my mavic dead? Its never been crashed or abused. Your thoughts???
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the IMU of your DJI Mavic Pro. Please try to recalibatre the IMU of the said drone once again.  Let me provide you additional requirements for proper IMU calibration. Do not calibrate your drone's IMU where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. In addition I will be posting an official tutorial video on how to properly calibrate the IMU of your DJI Mavic Pro. Thank you.

2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_hnL7F86iPjaZ
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Stephen. I spent 5-6 hours attempting the calibration in different locations using different devices and different modes (wifi & w remote). Most times it wont go past the first step. On only a couple of occasions did it go thru the entire process and looked like a successful calibration buy once entering flight mode the error was still there. I have opened a repair request and plan on shipping my mavic for diagnosis and repair.
2019-8-12
Use props
djiuser_hnL7F86iPjaZ
lvl.1
United States

I have a question about sending in for repairs. Should i include the controller and batteries?? Or just the mavic?
2019-8-12
Use props
djiuser_4KTsnZaQtTs7
New
United States

Hi! Did they solve this problem for you? I'm having the exact same experience after a firmware upgrade. Thanks!
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_4KTsnZaQtTs7
New
United States

Did they solve this for you? I'm having the exact same problem after a firmware update. Thanks!
2020-4-1
Use props
fans2d3af569
New
United States

Same. Waste of $1300.
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules