be care of DJI OSO Action's water proof, mine was broken in water
10399 44 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Well although I hate this cliche: anyone should read the product manual before using a product, especially underwater. An-their "issue" folks are having is not making sure that both battery sides are latched  (orange tab should be visible). Ignorance isn’t an excuse guys, sorry and good luck getting it solved Hanba-San.
2020-1-6
Use props
ebswift
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10299 ft
Australia

I should mention as a followup (I also mentioned it in my linked thread a couple of posts back), with all the talk of GoPros not having these types of issues, when I was on the island tour in Phuket, a South African bloke sitting beside me showed me his GoPro that had just died with a leak through the SD card cover just after we got back on board back from snorkelling.  Meanwhile my OA operated perfectly during the whole time, spending a decent amount of time underwater snorkelling on a few occasions throughout the week-long trip.  Just like El Diabolico said, lock it all down, don't just assume that it should be fine just because you haven't touched some part of it since it left the factory, go over it like you might lose it if you don't.  Not pointing any blame at all, I hope Hanba has a good result from DJI, but these threads are reference points for users, so take note to check everything is tightened up.
2020-1-6
Use props
hanba
lvl.2
Japan

it has been half an year, DJI has not given me any follow up on this, they choose to ignore me like what they have done for all similar complaints, which I have seen a lot of over the internet.

Insta 360 just announced their new action camera this week, which seems very attractive, I am seriously considering buying one, hope they wont have similar issue as DJI.

The experience on buying a DJI action turns me from a DJI fan to an anti-DJI one, I hope DJI could be punished by the market strongly. I will still try to spread my voice as much as I can to kick the DJI or at least DJI action out of the market!

2020-1-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

totally agree. not the only Company in the world that ignores people. Lol.  SInce DJI is a drone company and the Team here   can not  assign a Camere Geru .   we'll pass this to the team. that said  I'll pass  it to the  top of the mail bin and get to it A.S.A.P.  z............................
2020-1-11
Use props
hanba
lvl.2
Japan

it’s been half an year since I sent back my damaged osmo action, now it is still kept in DJI customer service Japan. yesterday they sent an email saying that they will dispose my camera if I don’t take any action — paying 300 USD repair fee or take it back.

It’s just a garbage costed me 400 USD, played only once in water. what an expensive lesson I learned from DJI!

I saw the news about insta 360 R, which really seems good, I am planning to buy a one.1

And to DJI, I just want to say to their CS, f**k you!
hope osmo action be punished and kicked off from market soon!

I also own 2 DJI drone, the experience of buying osmo action turned me from a DJI fan to an anti DJI, I hope coming out some good rival like Insta 360 in action camera.

2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules