1341 32 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xlniko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232589 ft
Italy

Hi everybody,
I've bought a brand new Inspire2 with X7 and the 4 lenses kit.
Apart from the batteries problem, that I hope to solve soon with DJI with which I have an open RMA process (the 2 batteries sold with the drone are swollen and unusable and one of 2 bought separately is not working), the most important issue is the following:

I've connected the X7 to the I2. With one battery (the only good one I own, while I am waiting for the delivery of other two bought on Amazon) I've turned it on in my office (props off) for the activation and parameter customization and I encountered the following issues:
- X7 never gave me any image return on the CrystalSky display from the camera (it was securely and correctly attached to I2), but I was able to control pan and tilt with the controller.
- I2 said that no SD card was inserted, while it was on its place, correctly inserted (it was the one in the kit).

I've made the FW update to the latest version as suggested by DJI Go4 (battery full, good internet connection and so on): after that, the gimbal doesn't respond to any command, it moves like a crazy (hitting with force to left and right) and still doesn't give me any video feedback. It stays stuck at the end of the rotation position (left or right) and PAN motor becomes very very hot in few seconds.
After this fact, I immediately turned off the I2 and remove the gimbal.

Did someone encounter problems like mine?

I am very frustrated... I have Eur 10,500 of stuff in my office that is unusable. I need it ASAP because on September 2nd I have work to do and the dealer from which I bought it is closed for vacation... And when he will open back I will be on holiday!

The I2 never took off because of the defective batteries. On Monday I will receive the two bought from Amazon and I hope to be able to take it off for its first flight (without gimbal).

Based on your experience, can it be a drone or a gimbal issue?

Many thanks and have a nice weekend!

2019-8-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you need the CINESSD drives for the X7 to work.
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 8-10 06:45

The manual says it’s not necessary...
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

The manual says it’s not necessary...
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

The manual says I can use a microsd too
2019-8-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

xlniko Posted at 8-10 08:35
The manual says I can use a microsd too

You can't use the X7 on the 210 V2 because it can't support CINESSD.  The reason why you don't have a feed, I assume is because of that.
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 8-10 09:23
You can't use the X7 on the 210 V2 because it can't support CINESSD.  The reason why you don't have a feed, I assume is because of that.

uhmmmm, thanks... :-(
2019-8-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

xlniko Posted at 8-10 09:35
uhmmmm, thanks... :-(

Ignore Ant's advices, please ... Unfortunately your bird seem to have a birth defect and need to be replaced ASAP.
2019-8-10
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i would recommend a mavic 2 pro instead of a inspire 2. DJI doesnt do software inhouse and therefore video production using high tech cams do not necessarily give you optimum results.
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 11:44
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Many thanks Diana,
I hope to hear a technician ASAP because I really need it for working.
Thanks again!
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-10 09:55
Ignore Ant's advices, please ... Unfortunately your bird seem to have a birth defect and need to be replaced ASAP.

Thanks Matthew!
2019-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

xlniko Posted at 8-10 14:56
Many thanks Diana,
I hope to hear a technician ASAP because I really need it for working.
Thanks again!

For the Inspire 2's issue, may I know if you got any error message in DJI GO 4 app on CrystalSky?
At this moment, you may try to refresh the firmware again by the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please provide a video of the case, as well as the firmware info of your drone, I'll help to check further as well.
2019-8-10
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 18:27
For the Inspire 2's issue, may I know if you got any error message in DJI GO 4 app on CrystalSky?
At this moment, you may try to refresh the firmware again by the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please provide a video of the case, as well as the firmware info of your drone, I'll help to check further as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Eofq9qnLQ&t=15s

I’ll check an do all tomorrow. Thanks!
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeeez my buddy recently purchased an Inspire 2 and had some issues immediately upon out of the box, but he states all those issues have been "flushed out" now and reports all systems a go....
2019-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you do not get a CINESSD, you will Not make your September deadline.  Unlike Matthew, I have plenty of experience but he could be right.

If you take Matthew's advice in getting your drone replaced and the new one still does not work with MicroSD, you can thank him.  If it works, you can thank him too.  He pretty much took and assumed all responsibility by you listening to him and not to me.
2019-8-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-11 03:27
Jeeez my buddy recently purchased an Inspire 2 and had some issues immediately upon out of the box, but he states all those issues have been "flushed out" now and reports all systems a go....

Yeah, which is why I always firmware update before doing anything.
2019-8-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-11 21:48
If you do not get a CINESSD, you will Not make your September deadline.  Unlike Matthew, I have plenty of experience but he could be right.

If you take Matthew's advice in getting your drone replaced and the new one still does not work with MicroSD, you can thank him.  If it works, you can thank him too.  He pretty much took and assumed all responsibility by you listening to him and not to me.

"Unlike Matthew, I have plenty of experience"

Ant, you're joking, right? Do you have any experience with Inspire class drones, any at all? Do you have any experience with Zenmuse X series cameras? You funny guy ... Not ... ...
2019-8-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-12 08:59
"Unlike Matthew, I have plenty of experience"

Ant, you're joking, right? Do you have any experience with Inspire class drones, any at all? Do you have any experience with Zenmuse X series cameras? You funny guy ... Not ... ...

Do you have an X7 that requires a CINESSD?
2019-8-12
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 8-12 11:07

I have one. And i do not need the ssd to record or get images on screen. It can also record on the sd alone.
2019-8-12
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

Just heard a friend that owns a X7 and he confirm that Cinessd is not mandatory to store stills and to have a video feedback on the Crystalsky.
2019-8-12
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

This morning I've been called by a DJI guy and he said to send at DOA Dept all the stuff. Tomorrow it will leave my home.
Thanks DJI!
2019-8-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-12 11:07

No, I don't have an X7 that requires a CINESSD. However, I do have an X7 camera that doesn't requires CINESSD to be present in order to provide video feed.
2019-8-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

xlniko Posted at 8-12 12:21
This morning I've been called by a DJI guy and he said to send at DOA Dept all the stuff. Tomorrow it will leave my home.
Thanks DJI!

Good for you! When you get a replacement, make sure everything is working the way it should ...
2019-8-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The system will work with Micro SD only and you will still get an HD live feed over lightbridge. You also need a micro sd card to use the CINESSD's (not the other way round). JPEG and DNG pictures (not including RAW images captured in Burst mode) and videos recorded in H.264 and H.265 codecs are saved to the Micro SD card, while RAW images captured in Burst mode are stored in the DJI CINESSD. With the appropriate License Keys, CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes videos (up to 6K) can be recorded and saved in the DJI CINESSD. So no, you don't 'need' CINESSD with the X7 on the IS2 but without them you will have serious limitations in your production - to the extent, with all due respect, that buying an X7 would be almost futile.  
2019-8-13
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-12 14:00
Good for you! When you get a replacement, make sure everything is working the way it should ...

I asked them to check everything before shipping it to me, then i’ll double (or better, triple) check!
2019-8-13
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

A J Posted at 8-13 04:38
The system will work with Micro SD only and you will still get an HD live feed over lightbridge. You also need a micro sd card to use the CINESSD's (not the other way round). JPEG and DNG pictures (not including RAW images captured in Burst mode) and videos recorded in H.264 and H.265 codecs are saved to the Micro SD card, while RAW images captured in Burst mode are stored in the DJI CINESSD. With the appropriate License Keys, CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes videos (up to 6K) can be recorded and saved in the DJI CINESSD. So no, you don't 'need' CINESSD with the X7 on the IS2 but without them you will have serious limitations in your production - to the extent, with all due respect, that buying an X7 would be almost futile.

Thanks AJ!
2019-8-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

xlniko Posted at 8-13 13:28
I asked them to check everything before shipping it to me, then i’ll double (or better, triple) check!

Asked who, DJI? Haha, that's a good one! The one and only way to get exactly what you've paid for is to convince your dealer to perform elaborate field testing of Inspire, preferably with your assistance. If that's not possible for whatever reason, you have several days to do it yourself. But don't count on DJI spending hours on tests, checking each and every feature of a given setup. It's just not going to happen, unless the person you've been talking to is your brother or girlfriend ...
2019-8-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-8-13
Use props
xlniko
lvl.2
Italy

UPDATE:
With this post I want thank you DJI staff (moderators, technicians and chat guys).
My I2 has been  replaced and now it's all fully  working.
In the package I’ve found some little and appreciated extras: a gimbal protector latch, an extra SD card and a CrystalSky support for the remote controller.
Thanks everybody, now it's time to fly!
Thanks to the mods and to the chat guys for giving me peace of mind in a such delicate situation!
2019-9-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

xlniko Posted at 9-1 22:01
UPDATE:
With this post I want thank you DJI staff (moderators, technicians and chat guys).
My I2 has been  replaced and now it's all fully  working.

Happy ending! Good luck flying and making wonderful films ...
2019-9-1
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64767 ft

welcome to the club my man have same issue here I2 and x7 just 4 months old was working fine untill some weeks ago. Than got the same problem everything is attached but no image ( ican move the gimbal can you do that 2?)

anyway I already have a post about this issue:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=196756&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D650%26typeid%3D650

right now sent the x7 to dji for warranty hopefully will get an answer soon.

2019-9-10
Use props
droneloverpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64767 ft

not true,

I recorded more than 5 hours of footage on the XD card with X7. before lost signal like mentioned above.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules