DJI MUST let us know if the X5/X7 will be compatible with the Ins...
1431 7 2019-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48944 ft
Canada

I’m ready to buy an Inspire but before making the investment I’d like to know if the X5S or X7s will be compatible with the Inspire 3. DJI must let us know that! When you buy a Nikon SLR, you know that the lenses you buy will be compatible with future Nikon bodies.

With the Inspire, DJI is now playing in the semi-pro game, where you can’t just make everything obsolete every few years.

Any thoughts on this? I’d hate to drop $5K+ now and have it all depreciate like a rock when the Inspire 3 comes out and DJI tells us that nothing is compatible.
I can understand that the drone itself is more of a “consumable” as tech improves; but the lens investment should be compatible.
2019-8-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Firstly, there's no hint, not a single clue that Inspire 3 is in development and if it'll ever be. Seemingly DJI is investing heavily in development of enterprise class drones for industrial applications. Therefore the future of DJI semi-professional midsized film camera lifters like Inspire is uncertain, while pocket size Mavic 2 Pro seem to partially fill the gap between consumer grade toys and Inspire 2.

Secondly, DJI was never quick with leaks, having one of the best security shielding system known to mankind. Do not expect any answer to your question, period. In this game you're always a looser ...
2019-8-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inspire 3?
2019-8-22
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I would also like to know about this.

when looking at dropping 5k on proprietary lenses (even excluding the camera), that won't fit any other system, I would like to know that they will be useful on the next system too.
I don't need to know any specs of a new system other than the camera and lenses will work on it.

That being said, the set will deliver good enough quality on the inspire 2 to last quite a while, but there should be an upgrade path for such expensive equipment.
2019-8-22
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

One can only hope that X5 and X7 cameras will work on an Inspire 3 (if there will ever be one). But looking back, we can see that DJI is not very good at making upgrade paths. It is New hardware they want to sell, and making everything compatible is not in their interest. Granted, it also sometimes necessary to make drastic hardware changes - leaving out the old.

What I want, is DJI to fix the bugs with the Inspire 2 (firmware), the software, and also add long-overdue features announced (like ProRes RAW for X5S with licenses). It is also very possible to add a Tint setting in DJI Go, and other features. The Inspire 2 is an incredible machine, but it needs bug fixes and some more features. The hardware itself is very potent, it is by no means obsolete it just needs some care from DJI. And we need DJI to start communicating to their users (which they nowadays don't do at all).
2019-8-22
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

pretty sure they will stick with x5, x7 and future x8 ;) and tb50 on the new more powerfull inspire2.5 with ocusync + some new sensors
2019-8-23
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Rob W Posted at 8-22 04:17
One can only hope that X5 and X7 cameras will work on an Inspire 3 (if there will ever be one). But looking back, we can see that DJI is not very good at making upgrade paths. It is New hardware they want to sell, and making everything compatible is not in their interest. Granted, it also sometimes necessary to make drastic hardware changes - leaving out the old.

What I want, is DJI to fix the bugs with the Inspire 2 (firmware), the software, and also add long-overdue features announced (like ProRes RAW for X5S with licenses). It is also very possible to add a Tint setting in DJI Go, and other features. The Inspire 2 is an incredible machine, but it needs bug fixes and some more features. The hardware itself is very potent, it is by no means obsolete it just needs some care from DJI. And we need DJI to start communicating to their users (which they nowadays don't do at all).

I think X8 will have a new connector, and X3 will work only with X8 (because of new hardware and 8K) ))

Completely agree with you about communication DJI with users.
2019-8-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-10 18:37
Firstly, there's no hint, not a single clue that Inspire 3 is in development and if it'll ever be. Seemingly DJI is investing heavily in development of enterprise class drones for industrial applications. Therefore the future of DJI semi-professional midsized film camera lifters like Inspire is uncertain, while pocket size Mavic 2 Pro seem to partially fill the gap between consumer grade toys and Inspire 2.

Secondly, DJI was never quick with leaks, having one of the best security shielding system known to mankind. Do not expect any answer to your question, period. In this game you're always a looser ...

Agree Matthew....

I am not sure if DJI is considering another Inspire or just come out with a all new concept with a new 8K camera  system which will require you to buy  all new everything  

Rich
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules