2717 13 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

For a long time I have a hige problem with gimbals in general. When I have the camera mounted on the gimbal, I am unable to quickly change the battery withouth dismounting the camera. The reason for this is that the pitch motor is on the right side of the camera on every single time.
As a sony a6500 user, my batteries do not last very long, so I have to unmount and mount the camera, plus spend time with the balence over and over again, just to change the batterie.
I would like to know the reason why all gimbals are designed like this. I find it extremely annoying.
Is it possible to use the Ronin S/SC with the pitch motor on the left of the camera?
Thanks for the answers in advance.

2019-8-11
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Why would you need to unmount the camera to change the battery!

Simply turn the gimble off and slide the plate forward or backwards, it takes seconds.
2019-8-11
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

M2Wair Posted at 8-11 11:53
Why would you need to unmount the camera to change the battery!

Simply turn the gimble off and slide the plate forward or backwards, it takes seconds.

Yes it could work for most cameras/gimbal combinations, but still... the gimbal needs to be turned off and the camera to be moved, thus needing to put back to balance again.

My main question is that why are all gimbals designed the way the motor is on the right side, not the left.
AND
If it posstible to use the Ronin S/SC with the motor on the left side. (Somehow manually rotate it there, and mounting the camera backwards on the base plate).
2019-8-13
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

LGstudio Posted at 8-13 08:14
Yes it could work for most cameras/gimbal combinations, but still... the gimbal needs to be turned off and the camera to be moved, thus needing to put back to balance again.

My main question is that why are all gimbals designed the way the motor is on the right side, not the left.

I have an Accsoon A1-S gimbal and it was advertised as working on both sides. But in reality, if you put the motor on the left there are problems changing modes. It will work as long as you don't change to certain modes. Chinese manufacturers have so much trouble with software for their products!

And you don't need to turn the gimbal off, just put it in standby or turn off the motors.
2019-8-13
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Deleted....
2019-8-13
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My main question is that why are all gimbals designed the way the motor is on the right side, not the left.

Yeah I get you, so here is my personal solution that I use:  You could fit a Powerbank for longer shoots. But then you are faced with another issue as the wire from the camera is a pain dangling down to the Powerbank in your pocket/backpack. However it does mean you can shoot uninterrupted for hours.
2019-8-13
Use props
DmytroK
lvl.4
United States

Some cameras have a flip screen (to the left). That's why they make gimbals to work with different types of camera.
2019-8-14
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

M2Wair Posted at 8-13 11:40
Yeah I get you, so here is my personal solution that I use:  You could fit a Powerbank for longer shoots. But then you are faced with another issue as the wire from the camera is a pain dangling down to the Powerbank in your pocket/backpack. However it does mean you can shoot uninterrupted for hours.

Yes an external power source is a good solution for longer shooting days. I have a sony NP-F battery attached via a dummy battery in the camera most of the. It works fine, but the cables limit the movements I can make with the gimbal.
2019-8-14
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

DmytroK Posted at 8-14 11:07
Some cameras have a flip screen (to the left). That's why they make gimbals to work with different types of camera.

Yes, that seems like a valid point I guess.
2019-8-14
Use props
akibo
lvl.2
Germany

LGstudio Posted at 8-14 13:24
Yes an external power source is a good solution for longer shooting days. I have a sony NP-F battery attached via a dummy battery in the camera most of the. It works fine, but the cables limit the movements I can make with the gimbal.

Did this with my A6500 (with Zhiyun Crane) all the time. Long cable, battery mount velcroed to my belt. What would it prevent? Infinite 360° roll, for sure, but besides that the advantages prevail.
2019-8-16
Use props
djiuser_VteHtrdc2rdB
New

Germany

I just use an Arca-Swiss quick release clamp on the Ronin-SC, allowing me to quickly remove and attach the camera (GH5) without making any changes on the Ronin.
2019-8-18
Use props
SDWLK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669390 ft
Belarus

Just use quick release plate and replace battery in seconds, I used this cheap one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32298642767.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.33294c4dmzA4q3 for Ronin SC with FollowFocus plate, no problem
2019-8-19
Use props
Cameko Sam
lvl.2

Spain

And still, I would like to have the option of mouting the camera on the gimbal with the motors on the left. I never use cables when working with a one-hand gimbal, and with motors on the left I can easily change batteries and memory cards... and I can mount my BM pocket 4k!!! This thing shoots gorgeous images but the huge grip makes it difficult to balance on small gimbals... unless you can put the motors on the left, which makes it super easy. I'm currently using it on a Zhiyun Crane (first model) and it works with motors on the left but not flawlessly and not in all modes, plus, I'd like to update to a newer gimbal with better motion and features. I would GLADLY make it a Ronin-SC, but I need it to work with motors on the left T___T
2019-8-22
Use props
TalkNoJutsu
lvl.1
Australia

I wish the USB port used to connect to the camera would also do power delivery and charge the camera. Would be the perfect setup for my RX100 M4
2019-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules