Battery Exploded
1880 8 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd Ellis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73501 ft
United States

Luckily I was up early this morning walking down my hallway when one of my Mavic Pro batteries exploded.  Smoke started shooting out like a rocket and then it caught fire.  I grabbed it burning my hand and threw it out a door.  The battery was glowing like lava and then it exploded.  I have burnt fingers and my hallway countertop is burned down into the wood.  What the actual hell?  If I wouldn't have been up my house would have burned down.

2019-8-11
Use props
Todd Ellis
lvl.1
United States

2019-8-11
Use props
Todd Ellis
lvl.1
United States

2019-8-11
Use props
Todd Ellis
lvl.1
United States

2019-8-11
Use props
Todd Ellis
lvl.1
United States

2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with the unit. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-8-11
Use props
GraysonMafia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447165 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-11 11:51
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with the unit. We already forwarded this issue to the Designated Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Hi Todd - glad you are (relatively) OK and very sorry to hear about the close call. I have been storing my batteries in a rather stout, sealed metal container, placed on the concrete floor in my basement, away from anything remotely flammable. But this makes me consider also getting one of the purpose-made fireproof LiPo battery bags I've seen discussed on the forum. Good luck to you.
2019-8-14
Use props
Flygmaskin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70719 ft

Horrible situation, so glad that you was up early!

How did this work out in the end, any word from DJI?

Was the battery in the charger, in the drone, or just in storage..? How old was the battery?

Did you recover from your burns?
2019-10-14
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Really scary....i rethinking
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now