Spare parts?
11612 49 2014-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.2

Switzerland

mixstreme Posted at 2014-11-26 08:55
Hi DJI-JS, Thank you for your help. The reply below is the standard bumf that I've already had on  ...

Got the same issue with this stupid gimbal thing. My DJI Phantom 2 Vision just sits in a box and rots because I cannot fix the gimbal (camera head broken off and cable severed). All the offers for replacement are 600$ wich is half the price of the unit. Can this be? Just looks to me you are ripped off by DJI by this spare parts. Following the price logic a DJI without camera should cast half the price? I can't find any DJI for this price. If I would have known this I would have definitely bough another product with spare parts and easy to change elements.  I am in Switzerland and so far I have not seen any service center or similar. Dom:@ P.S. The cable I have seen have been 290$
2015-1-15
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

info@807am.com Posted at 2015-1-16 02:39
Got the same issue with this stupid gimbal thing. My DJI Phantom 2 Vision just sits in a box and r ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... =2213815&page=9

READ and work around that gimbal...  bypass with telemetry, waypoints , 3rd party cam, 7th channel etc...
2015-1-28
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mixstreme Posted at 2015-1-29 02:23
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=9

READ and work around that gimbal.. ...

OH, important .......,  SELL that gimbal to pay for your new bits, your way....{:2_40:}
2015-1-28
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-26 11:30
Mixstreme,

I assist many production companies that use our products.  They would never go on a shoo ...

Tahoe Ed,

What about propellers? That is not a DIY spare part. Neither are prop locks. Nor camera and gimbal assembly. None of these spare components are listed online let alone available and we are in month 5 here.

It is unbelievable that propellers, the most vulnerable component are not for sale yet.

In addition, existing Inspire customers should be able to buy a spare aircraft.

DJI could actually make more money setting aside a few complete packages for parting out to existing loyal Inspire customers. I have already purchased plenty of spare batteries, remotes, and chargers, so I don't need an entire complete Inspire set. Had I known that Inspire was not going to make these basic components available as spares, I would have ordered two Inspires with single remote controllers.

It is very disconcerting that basic spare components are not available to Inspire owners. If this business practice continues, I will be forced to take my business to a manufacturer that makes spare components available to existing customers.

Thank you for listening Tahoe_Ed, and pass along my concerns to DJI executives.
2015-3-2
Use props
jessecarllane
lvl.1

United States

Hm, my post disappeared, so I am re-posting...

Tahoe Ed,

What about propellers? That is not a DIY spare part. Neither are prop locks. Nor camera and gimbal assembly. None of these spare components are listed online let alone available and we are in month 5 here.

It is unbelievable that propellers, the most vulnerable component are not for sale yet.

In addition, existing Inspire customers should be able to buy a spare aircraft.

DJI could actually make more money setting aside a few complete packages for parting out to existing loyal Inspire customers. I have already purchased plenty of spare batteries, remotes, and chargers, so I don't need an entire complete Inspire set. Had I known that Inspire was not going to make these basic components available as spares, I would have ordered two Inspires with single remote controllers.

It is very disconcerting that basic spare components are not available to Inspire owners. If this business practice continues, I will be forced to take my business to a manufacturer that makes spare components available to existing customers.

Thank you for listening Tahoe_Ed, and pass along my concerns to DJI executives.
2015-3-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jesse, it did not disappear as I see both of your posts.  We have many parts in LA.  I was there last week.  The prop locks were sent to the dealers for distribution.  I have heard that there is some price gouging on eBay et al.  That is not from DJI and may be from some dealers that are trying to take advantage of the situation.  I have heard prices as high as $40 for 6 prop locks.  Our dealers are selling them at I think $2 for 6 plus shipping.  DJI sent out the locks to those that ordered direct.  I sent my set of prop locks to a lucky user that responded to a post for those that needed them.  Where are you located?  I can help you with props.
2015-3-2
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Tahoe_ED . I really need your help sir... I just need Part 41 .. I don't even need the whole part set, just the gimbal mounting plate.  I called LA and every tier 1 dealer... No parts.. It's just a little silly plastic piece and I've got the money to pay for it burning a hole in my pocket...
Other dealers are selling it for $80.00 but NOBODY has it.  Please help me out?  Aspatuck@gmail.com .

If this helps, I only need the mounting plate and not even the entire kit.  I'll pay pal the money or pay by credit card immediately. Just don't want to be out my drone for the tune of $100.00 shipping both ways plus repair costs and a week 4 turn around for a part that is user servicable  and I'm currently holding in my hands. Thanks for your help... Here's a pic.  Part 41 is the official DJI part number.
Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.55.41 PM.png
2015-3-2
Use props
Llander45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21299 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-3 09:07
Tahoe_ED . I really need your help sir... I just need Part 41 .. I don't even need the whole part se ...

I need part 17 the Gimbal ribbon. Can I buy one or do I have to send in the Inspire 1 just to have DJI install a ribbon cable?
What would the cost be to have that done?
2015-4-10
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Llander45@aol.c Posted at 2015-4-11 13:06
I need part 17 the Gimbal ribbon. Can I buy one or do I have to send in the Inspire 1 just to have ...

You can get the part on e-bay for 5 dollars and it's a super easy fix.  One of the members here even did a you tube video that included a gimbal replacement and swap out of the cable.

DJI option 6-8 weeks and you'll probably have to pay for shipping at least one way.  DJI option is not an option ..

Remember, nobody ever ended up contacting me about my part.  I had to go the ebay route too.
2015-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Llander45@aol.c Posted at 2015-4-11 13:06
I need part 17 the Gimbal ribbon. Can I buy one or do I have to send in the Inspire 1 just to have ...

I have seen these for $6.00 bucks in Canada on the web...

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Origin ... =dji+inspire+gimbal

Edit:
This is from HeliPal in China, $4.00

http://www.helipal.com/djinsp-17 ... bal-port-cable.html

new gimbal mounting and camera mount $80.00

http://www.helipal.com/djinsp-41 ... mounting-plate.html
2015-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules