Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
force mobile for android?
6027 26 2019-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,
yesterday i became my SC and were a little dissapointed by the fact that i as a android user cannot use this function!!

So must i buy me an iphone?
Did we get an update in near future for android?

Thanks and regards Guido

2019-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Guido. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the Forced Mobile function is only available on iOS mobile devices. But rest assured that I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Ronin SC with regards to the android compatibility in using the force mobile function. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-11
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-11 11:57
Hello and good day Guido. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the Forced Mobile function is only available on iOS mobile devices. But rest assured that I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Ronin SC with regards to the android compatibility in using the force mobile function. Thank you for your support.

When you guys say the same thing for every single thing...    from a bug that should be fixed to an outlandish (never ganna happen) request ... it comes off as so insincere and pandering.  

Be more personal... you're on a forum, not tech-support email.  Canned answers are counter-intuitive to have a DISCUSSION forum.

Lol. Crazy.
2019-8-11
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hello and good day Guido. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the Forced Mobile function is only available on iOS mobile devices. But rest assured that I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Ronin SC with regards to the android compatibility in using the force mobile function. Thank you for your support.

Hi Stephen,
thanks but what's the idea that half of the users do not have the same functions and why do you have to ask the ronin team if they can graciously provide the same features to thousands of buyers?

Why are there any differences at all and are pruned to many users and punished for not having an iphone. That's incredible.

If I had said that, ios would not have had this feature until it was available to android.

Thanks and regards Guido
2019-8-12
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Chrome Dome Posted at 8-11 13:47
When you guys say the same thing for every single thing...    from a bug that should be fixed to an outlandish (never ganna happen) request ... it comes off as so insincere and pandering.  

Be more personal... you're on a forum, not tech-support email.  Canned answers are counter-intuitive to have a DISCUSSION forum.

I find your style of commenting provocative and not helpful.

If you already adore yourself, then let these subliminal insults.
2019-8-12
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

MavGuido Posted at 8-12 07:09
I find your style of commenting provocative and not helpful.

If you already adore yourself, then let these subliminal insults.

I have forwarded your jiberish to the engineering team for further consideration and development.

Thank you.
2019-8-12
Use props
Erik003
New
Netherlands

Hello and good day Guido. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the Forced Mobile function is only available on iOS mobile devices. But rest assured that I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further development of the DJI Ronin SC with regards to the android compatibility in using the force mobile function. Thank you for your support.

Since I'm unable to post a new thread for some reason, I'll start by replying to one that comes closest to my issue.

1. Bought the sc
2. Figured out camera isn't compatable
3. Bought new camera
4. Figured out phone Galaxy S10 isn't compatable either.

Thing is, the S10+ for some reason seems to be compatable, whilst sharing the exact same bluetooth signal/specifications.

Any word on as to if and/or when the regular S10 should be completely compatable with the SC? Or should I just go and buy the iPhone X?
2019-8-13
Use props
fans84ae0a03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too was very disappointed to discover that this feature isn't available for Android phones.  

Are you aware that there are more Android phones in the world than iOS phones (76% for Android vs 22% for iOS) ?  

Why limit functionality to the majority of users?  

There should be no need to "forward this thread to the designated DJI department".  It should have been available before you launched.
2019-8-14
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I just got mine yesterday and this feature was a big part of it for some of the video I needed to do. No-where mentioned that this feature was only an IOS option. I do not have an iPhone. Looks like I will be returning my SC.
2019-8-15
Use props
Chrome Dome
lvl.2
Canada

HedsIc Posted at 8-15 05:12
I just got mine yesterday and this feature was a big part of it for some of the video I needed to do. No-where mentioned that this feature was only an IOS option. I do not have an iPhone. Looks like I will be returning my SC.

Direct DJI advertising and scripting provided to 3rd party vloggers was void of this caveat.

...VERY misleading. Borderline unethical. Generally dishonest.
2019-8-16
Use props
Byte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4654491 ft
  • >>>

How has this still not been sorted. I can't believe this is even an issue.
Gyro/accelerometer functionality is fully open on Android and there's no reason at all that this feature should be missing for Android users.
The force mobile feature was a big reason for me buying the SC and it's ridiculous that it's not even mentioned online that it's missing.
As has been mentioned already, the vast majority of phones out there are running Android, this is killing this product for the majority of your audience!

DJI, we need guaranteed assurance that this feature is coming to Android, and we want hard dates as to when this update will be sent out!!!
2019-9-6
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

Any news? Almost another month has passed and still nothing?
2019-9-7
Use props
Kamdron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1527680 ft

MavGuido Posted at 8-12 07:05
Hi Stephen,
thanks but what's the idea that half of the users do not have the same functions and why do you have to ask the ronin team if they can graciously provide the same features to thousands of buyers?

Hi MavGuido.

Don't waste time waiting, you'll probably never get an update. Exactly the same was the case with the DJI Osmo mobile 1, Android smartphones were blocked from recording 4K video, the support answer to my question was the same as in your case. Osmo has never seen this update, at least for over two years, which I have used. Get used to the fact that DJI focuses on Apple support, and android is treated as a secondary concern.
2019-9-11
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>

Kamdron Posted at 9-11 01:01
Hi MavGuido.

Don't waste time waiting, you'll probably never get an update. Exactly the same was the case with the DJI Osmo mobile 1, Android smartphones were blocked from recording 4K video, the support answer to my question was the same as in your case. Osmo has never seen this update, at least for over two years, which I have used. Get used to the fact that DJI focuses on Apple support, and android is treated as a secondary concern.

I waste no time while i am not waiting for an update, it was an question to DJI only. If i do not get this function, it is so, than i use an iphone for this, no problem, i am not a slave.
2019-9-11
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

Any news DJI? I still didn't get what I paid for.
2019-9-20
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

Yeah, that would also interest me, it is a feature I don't need but want to be able to use. And I only have an Android.
2019-9-21
Use props
txel
lvl.2

Will DJI then offer a kit with your ronin sc + iphone?
Do I have to throw away my android phone to buy an Iphone?
We will be condemned to see users with full compatibility and others that we will be waiting for DJI engineers to remember that Android exists?
2019-9-21
Use props
txel
lvl.2

I do not want to comment on the compatibility with fuji here since we have another thread for it but I have the impression that DJI takes out products in the middle of its development
2019-9-21
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

Any news DJI?
2019-9-25
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

That would interest me too. When can we expect that?
2019-9-25
Use props
Makakka
lvl.2

Forcemobile finally started to work. Today's update has also added zoom speed regulation for my a6300 and 18-105
2019-9-26
Use props
Rolfr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20308 ft

That's strange. I updated to FW 1.2.0.10 for the SC and the app to 1.2.4 for Android. Using Huawei Mate 10 pro. Now the Force Mobile command is there, but it does not work at all. Only the recenter on that page work. Also the portrait Mode with 2 clicks on the M button works.

Why not Force Mobile with Android as stated?
2019-10-1
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3

Rolfr Posted at 10-1 03:31
That's strange. I updated to FW 1.2.0.10 for the SC and the app to 1.2.4 for Android. Using Huawei Mate 10 pro. Now the Force Mobile command is there, but it does not work at all. Only the recenter on that page work. Also the portrait Mode with 2 clicks on the M button works.

Why not Force Mobile with Android as stated?

That seems more like a bug than anything.
2019-10-1
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

So I just ordered an SC ...  Like others had no idea that the device was crippled for android users basically. It is almost a year later, have they sorted this out ... or am I sending this back without even opening it?

That's like releasing software for MacOS and not Windows ... insane.  Oh wait, that almost NEVER happens, thankfully.
2020-7-3
Use props
PilleniusMC
lvl.3
Germany

OneQuickSix Posted at 7-3 23:41
So I just ordered an SC ...  Like others had no idea that the device was crippled for android users basically. It is almost a year later, have they sorted this out ... or am I sending this back without even opening it?

That's like releasing software for MacOS and not Windows ... insane.  Oh wait, that almost NEVER happens, thankfully.

The Force Mobile feature was added to Android a while ago.
2020-7-4
Use props
ThomasMKerner
lvl.1
Austria

Force mobile for android?   Three years and counting.  That's more than enough time to fix the app. and firmware if it was possible.  It is now entirely reasonable to assume it’s a closed issue for the Ronin RS 2 Pro combo.  There shall be No Force mobile support for "supported" Android phones of any kind as Force mobile access is only compatible with certain Apple iOS i-phones.   Its either some kind of accelerometer incompatibility or something far worse.  An official statement is overdue on the Force mobile compatibility issue that belongs on the compatibility list as well.  Only some supported Apple iOS i-phones will work.  And we really don't know which of those Apple iOS i-phones are truly compatible with all pro combo features.  I believe an official product incompatibility announcement needs to be made before this issue festers any longer.  For six months many Android users have reported "N/A" appears after a firmware update to the RavenEye.  This additional Formal Statement on Android incompatibility is also overdue.  For the benefit of all, especially DJI, I submit that my Android 10 Ulefone Note 8P Go edition late model 4G mobile phone is * certifiably incompatible * with the Ronin RS 2 Pro combo software (app.) and firmware present and past.  This is in the best interest of helping Ronin get things fixed and straightened out:  Fears and trepidations of chaos in the software and firmware department, revision controls and such, is going to hurt sales.  That's not my fault.  I appreciate the problems are difficult.

Perhaps well substantiated fears can be alleviated by advising consumers and potential customers regarding your product right here on the forum ...

Exactly which low-budget Apple i-phone does not have any Ronin RS 2 Pro combo bugs such that advertised features like WiFi and Bluetooth will not both work at the same time?  And how may I be assured of that?   What's my guarantee?  I am convinced after a week of research, and reading blogs, installing, and uninstalling apps and firmware, and testing, in an attempt to find a work around, that DJI Ronin has no way to make Android 10 or 11 Note 8P Go edition phones work with this gimbal and RavenEye 'image transmitter'.  It’s obviously a software and firmware issue. My greatest fear is that if I buy an Apple iOS i-phone it will not work either, nor fit in the phone holder accessory as my Ulefone Note 8P Go edition late model 4G mobile pops right out with a light touch.  It also covers the phone's buttons and I wonder if that's true for i-phones as well.   Additionally, it does not take six (6) months for Google Play to post the Ronin app. as safe for consumers either.  Please forward my constructive and helpful feedback to the software engineers not just the marketing department.   Thank you.
2022-4-18
Use props
ThomasMKerner
lvl.1
Austria

Crickets?  No, better yet, censorship.  It only confirms that I was right in my first post.  A much more serious problem exists at DJI than people know.  It’s now 4/25/2022   "Let’s see what I can do".??? That's it?  I provided a full analysis to DJI on the problem.   No Forum user name even?  Not even an empty cut & paste promise thanking customers for loyalty? How about:  “We feel your pain.”  That sounds good for cut and paste.  Well, tens of thousands of prospective consumers can play the 1-star waiting game, waiting for a cognizant non-contradictory DJI response, or better yet, realize that there is simply no hope of resolution for such a simple drop-dead serious video streaming problem.   I believe this DJI Forum inaction reflects fairly upon DJI a company on the brink.   Sorry for your troubles.  They are not my fault. I’m not to blame. I tried to help even.  It looks like there are little to no staff left at DJI to address my issue:   So, management can go to Amazon.de, read my updated review, and translate it to their bosses. That's what I can do.  It’s up to Amazon to remove "…compatible with Android 7+"; A certifiably false, well-documented, and widely held misrepresentation, popping up globally in every nation, and language.  Customers have had two years to study DJI and learn even new products with a very long-term problem *will not be supported* along with the 35 discontinued products this year alone.  Compounded by a misleading advertising claim soon to be removed by Amazon.  Well at least my comments posted here and on Amazon.de should help protect consumers who don't bother digging deep through the DJI Forum for social points, rewards and cookies ignoring the real problems.  Thanks for Crickets.  What goes around comes around, even for marketing, even for distributors, as management is the last to go.  Google Play store (for Android apps.) has already deleted the DJI Ronin app. never to return. Android is 82% of the mobile phone market now in in 2022.  It’s been 3 years of crickets.  No solution from DJI on the RS 2 Pro combo with RavenEye.  So be it.  Have a nice day.  And sweet dreams.  Say hello to the boss for me.  
2022-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules