First trys at Battle Mode
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Super brief video - Dr. Du and I met up at Nvidia to try Battle Mode for the first time!

It was more fun that I expected!  I'm not a big twitch game fan but the Augmented Reality of the FPV made it more fun.  The target turns red when hit, and you see damage markers float up from there.   Also, when you are hit, your FPV shakes a bit, and flashes red a bit.  If you are low on hit points, there is a red fog that closes in on your view.  If  you are destroyed, you can limp at reduced speed to a healing area -  but the opponent still got a lot of points for destroying you.  If you can come back and destroy him in time, you can still win - so destruction is not game over at all - it's on a timer.  Also there is a weapon cool down imposed by software.  The gel bead cannon that packs quite a slap!  Eye protection mandatory - bits were flying everywhere!  Totally reliable and powerful the whole time!  Even at full auto!  I estimate we used about one US dollar of ammo for 3 Battles.

So if anyone is around the San Francisco Bay Area - please PM me - it would much more awesome with 3 S1 units or even 4!

Planned enhancements to the game include some simple ramps and a plastic bucket or two to knock around.

2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-11
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

In practice, what is the effective range of the gel beads? And did you try the IR too to check how reliable it is?
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Eric. Thank you for sharing this video footage and your experience on your first try in using the Battle Mode function of your DJI Robomaster S1. The experience looks fun. Have a safe and a happy driving always.
2019-8-12
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Oh yes it was quite fun and we are wanting a rematch, and wanting to find another S1 owner nearby soon.

We tried sniping at it can be done out to 3 meters maybe even 4!  Best effective range is 1 meter.  Point blank also works!

I am eminently pleased with the gel bead cannon.  It is a remarkable device.  Fast, powerful, reliable, easy and fast to reload, high capacity magazine.  Could not ask for better design.

TRY THIS AT NIGHT -

Shake and carefully break open a "Glow Stick" - transfer the glowing liquid (it's non toxic and evaporates to nothing and is non-staining) into a load of gel beads and stir gently.  Load up the S1 and blast away!!!
2019-8-12
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

I'll be in the San Francisco area the from September 14-16.  If you guys are free, I'm available Saturday after lunch, anytime before 4 PM on Sunday & Monday morning.
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

MarkusXL Posted at 8-12 18:07
Oh yes it was quite fun and we are wanting a rematch, and wanting to find another S1 owner nearby soon.

We tried sniping at it can be done out to 3 meters maybe even 4!  Best effective range is 1 meter.  Point blank also works!

Id love to see a video of glow in the dark gel beads being fired
2019-8-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Blue UGV driver got so immersed, forgot about the chairs.

What is the FPS (feet per second) rate of the BBs and what BBs they use?  6mm and it's gram weight?
2019-8-18
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

Those specs are in the manual:

Gell beads 5.9 - 6.8mm diameter, .012 - 0.17g, launch speed 26 m/s, up to 10 shots / sec.

I fired some over to the neighbors yard yesterday, bounced gel beads against their back fence - over 20m away.

The Gel Bead Blaster is an amazing thing.  Well done by DJI it works great!  Approx 430 shots in the "clip", enough for 2 full battles.  Costs minimal, less than 30 cents per battle I estimate.
2019-8-19
Use props
djiuser_FvnW4KNwvCV1
New

Lithuania

I found information in DJI website that there is a conquest mode. Maybe somebody knows something about it?
2019-11-24
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_FvnW4KNwvCV1 Posted at 11-24 12:20
I found information in DJI website that there is a conquest mode. Maybe somebody knows something about it?

See my post about upcoming features for late November or December...
2019-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules