Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Chassis collision sensors
2740 12 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

Has anyone tried this? My S1 has been programmed to take actions when  “chassis hits an obstacle” , however no actions has been taken after it physically hitting obstacles..........

Armors sensors works perfectly for me by the way!

Deeply appreciated for your experience sharing!!
2019-8-12
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

I did not try this yet but, just to be sure, did you enable the chassis accelerator before trying to detect hitting an object? I am pretty sure it uses an accelerometer for this, not the hit detectors in the armor.
2019-8-12
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

In fact, if you can paste the code you used here, I may be able to help.
2019-8-12
Use props
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Taiwan

BGA Posted at 8-12 07:35
I did not try this yet but, just to be sure, did you enable the chassis accelerator before trying to detect hitting an object? I am pretty sure it uses an accelerometer for this, not the hit detectors in the armor.

My bad!  It’s working now!
It can only be triggered above a certain speed, no actions taken in low speed conditions like 0.2m/s or 0.3m/s...

Thank you so much for helping!!!
2019-8-12
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Jovanthan Posted at 8-12 08:14
My bad!  It’s working now!
It can only be triggered above a certain speed, no actions taken in low speed conditions like 0.2m/s or 0.3m/s...

No worries. Glad you managed to sort it up.
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jovanthan. Thank you for reaching out and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and a happy driving and programming always.
2019-8-12
Use props
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Taiwan

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-12 09:46
Hello and good day Jovanthan. Thank you for reaching out and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. Have a safe and a happy driving and programming always.

Thank you & have a nice day
2019-8-12
Use props
MarkusXL
lvl.4
United States

That was only one small success - and you have many more ahead of you!  Keep trying different things and don't give up!  
2019-8-12
Use props
Jovanthan
lvl.4
Taiwan

MarkusXL Posted at 8-12 17:58
That was only one small success - and you have many more ahead of you!  Keep trying different things and don't give up!

I love this forum!
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jovanthan Posted at 8-12 16:21
Thank you & have a nice day

You are always welcome Jovanthan. Have a safe driving  and a happy programming always.
2019-8-16
Use props
PeloPincho
lvl.2
Spain

Hi All

How did you manage to make it work?, I've tried at different speeds with the chassis accelerator enabled without success. Find below the small program that I used for testing this

I do manage to stop the chassis when a target is recognised, but this beats me....

Any help will be appreciated
2020-1-11
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

PeloPincho Posted at 1-11 05:40
Hi All

How did you manage to make it work?, I've tried at different speeds with the chassis accelerator enabled without success. Find below the small program that I used for testing this

It looks like this should work. I tried the example in the programming guide using the on-spot check instead of the callback and it worked. It might be a problem with the callback code. I will try your code later and see.
2020-1-11
Use props
PeloPincho
lvl.2
Spain

Thanks, it does seem an issue with this callback. I've tried other callbacks like the "marker identified" one from the smart section and they work like a charm. Most likely it is something that I'm overlooking, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I've noticed that there are some sensitivity settings for the armor, but I can't find anything of that sort for the chassis accelerometer. Pity that the armor shields can't be used for obstacle detection...
2020-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules