1410 11 2019-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans05d13e8a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81237 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I had an accident with my mavic air last week, which unforutnately saw her hit the concrete floor quite hard. As you can see from the images, there is a crack in the plastic... she still flies ok but i'm nervous it could break under higher wind conditions. I've bought a Epoxy-plastic glue to temporarily repair, although I'm not sure how reliant this will be. Anyone else seen this sort of damage? And any ideas on best way to fix? I dont believe these are that easy to repair DIY?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Ryan

damage 4

damage 4

damage 3

damage 3

damage 2

damage 2

damage 1

damage 1

Drone damage

Drone damage
2019-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ryan. Welcome to DJI Forum. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air. Since there was a crash that happened and the was a crack on one of the plastic arms of the said drone. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix the said damaged drone. In addition DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said drone. To avoid further damaging the said unit and not to void the warranty of the said drone. Thank for your understanding and for your support.
2019-8-12
Use props
SupCarlos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Stephen, bro. I would send it in for repair. I also crashed mine last year, I only saw a few things broken on the outside of the arms (cosmetic), turns out, there were a few things broken inside too.. Process took 1 month, and cost me about $200. They sent me a 'refurbished' MA, looked flawless, no scratches or visible signs of damage.

I'm pretty confident DJI's repair procedure is as follows:

1. Receive damage drone
2. Asses the damage
3. Under warranty? yes or no if no, charge the customer for the damaged components
4. pay
5. ship you someone else's repaired drone (refurb)
6. fix your drone and add it to an inventory to replace someone else's when it comes in

that's not what they tell us, but its pretty obvious.

The most annoying part is having to deal with slow shipping times. In my case, it took 2 weeks ALONE in shipping, which is ridiculous for a billion dollar company
2019-8-13
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

I cant comment on the reasons for your crash ,but the arm will need to be replaced, only problem is getting such a part, i expect that dji themselves are the only ones able to fix it at the moment, due to how new the MM is but i could be wrong! If you use this product, do not soak through the film of the hood by hand.

Close the helmet before applying the best waterproof glue for styrofoam

Peel off the tape and apply the adhesive to both sides of the hood,

Apply a cover over the hood and seal it up well

When glue is dry and the tape is removed, push the tape back in to make the hood more resistant

Avoid leaving adhesive between the clear tape and the mask. Keep the tape as short as possible

Mold joint edges

To mold a joint, use a heat gun or oven.

Heat the joint in the oven until it melts and flows smoothly.

Keep hot until it cools.

2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

During flight communication was lost to my Mavic Mini resulting in a crash that snapped the front right arm. Is this a repairable part? https://www.kraftyowl.com/best-glue-for-styrofoam-review/#Gorilla Thanks for the help.
2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

best waterproof glue for styrofoam
2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

Jackie66 Posted at 1-9 17:57

2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

best waterproof glue for styrofoam !
2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

I cant comment on the reasons for your crash ,but the arm will need to be replaced, only problem is getting such a part, i expect that dji themselves are the only ones able to fix it at the moment, due to how new the MM is but i could be wrong! If you use this product, do not soak through the film of the hood by hand.

Close the helmet before applying the best waterproof glue for styrofoam
2020-1-9
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

United States

2020-1-10
Use props
Jackie66
lvl.1

Ukraine