Died at day 3
4089 32 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

got my inspire last Friday.   I flew some this weekend and went out this afternoon.  Calibrated, did the normal work up and flew for about 9 minutes.  55% into the battery, I got a battery error.  So I landed immediately.   

As I walked over to it, I saw a small amount of smoke coming from the center of the inspire.  Not really the battery.  Here's what the pilot app says:

3rd day?  Really?    I've been on hold for the past 40 minutes waiting for CS.   I hope they send out a new one.    I haven't crashed at all.  Definitely an electronics meltdown.  So glad I was able to land.  Before I shut the battery off and pulled it, voltage read 0%.  Fingers crossed.  I have 3 minutes left before someone answeres
2015-6-8
Use props
kindasketch
lvl.2

United States

It says battery error. Did you update the battery to the latest firmware?

2015-6-8
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

yes. Everything was updated successfully.    They said within 7 days you get an exchange and they are sending a label.  Then it takes 7 more days to get a replacement sent.  So much for taking it with me this weekend to the the country.  
2015-6-8
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Sorry for you, hope you'll be in the air in no time!
2015-6-8
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

I sent back the form they sent me on email.  Was told they would send me a shipping label and then it would take about a week after they received it.   What should happen is that they send me another unit as soon as they see my shipment moving.    I offered to buy another one and have them refund me the first purchase and he said no.   This is also something that needs to change.  I had planned to go away to the country this weekend and use it.   I have a phantom 3, so I'll still be able to accomplish what I need to accomplish..  Provided the wind isn't to bad, which is why I was relying on having the inspire.  

The other part of me wants a full refund.   But I know electronic failures can happen.
2015-6-8
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-9 08:07
I sent back the form they sent me on email.  Was told they would send me a shipping label and then i ...

InspireAggie- Sorry to hear the bad news.

Hopefully, you don't mind if I ask this but...did you make sure and clarify that the replacement unit you are getting is, in fact, a new one and NOT a "Refurbished" one?

Hope you are back in the air soon!

-S.N.
2015-6-8
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-9 08:07
I sent back the form they sent me on email.  Was told they would send me a shipping label and then i ...

Once you get a new one that is properly functioning you'll never look back!   The Inspire is a joy to fly and the images can be truly amazing!    Always going to be some manufacturing duds so don't let it sway you.

Sorry about the hassle, I know what it's like to wait for something and then get it pulled away the moment it arrives!

Let us know how you go with your new one.

2015-6-8
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I am getting the same error on my craft intermittently.  No smoke yet though...  I cannot afford losing the bird for 6 or more weeks over the summer so I have been hesitating to send it away for repair.  I am looking into finding a replacement center board for the craft to try fixing the problem. Does anyone know if these are for sale anywhere?
2015-6-8
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Yes, I got a taste of what it was like to fly such a beatutiful bird.   Coming from helis, it's sweetness.   My issue is not really with the electronics.  Those things happen and always will.   I can't fault that.  Yes, I wish it wouldn't of burnt up but it did.   I had an ipad that had a bad screen...and instead of getting upset, I simply called Apple, told them the problem and they issued an RMA and let me purchase a new unit.   I purchased a unit.  It was sent out that day and in two days I had a new one.  I sent off the damaged ipad and was credited back within a week.  

and this is what GREAT customer service is about.  DJI refused to let me purchase a brand new unit.   I was told they came from China....when mine was mailed from Torrance.   Why can't I purchase a new unit and have one on the way and get refunded the defective unit?  Don't you guys indicate on your form you send me on the email that I could request a refund?  So why make me wait when it's not really necessary?  Apple has this figured out.....as does Amazon as does many other good companies that shine in customer service.

Here's what you should do. you should call me up and tell me a unit is on the way.  I'm sorry for your experience.  You have your label, send the defective unit in and we will credit you back....  That's how it's done.  Not make me wait.   I spent 2600 for the unit.   I have 4 extra batteries.  I have three 180 watt chargers.  I have a phantom 3 with 4 extra batteries and two extra chargers.  Do you have enough of my money and time?
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-9 10:34
Yes, I got a taste of what it was like to fly such a beatutiful bird.   Coming from helis, it's swee ...

Perhaps if you bought from a dealer, they could have simply gave you a replacement if it was taking too long.  My dealer in the UK done exactly that when my first Inspire was replaced.   This may be the benefit of purchasing through an authorised dealer.
Hope it is resolved quickly for you though.  Once you get it back, you will quickly forget the troubles and enjoy the flying like most of us on the forum.
2015-6-9
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Damn my friend, I am so sorry!  I literally cringed while reading your news, mate.  Keep us updated, please?
2015-6-9
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 19:32
Perhaps if you bought from a dealer, they could have simply gave you a replacement if it was taking ...

I would think that DJI would take care of this better than a dealer.  Besides, my phantom 3 came with a crack near the motor.   Dealer said I'd have to deal with DJI.  I suspect over tightened motor screw at factory. See the pattern?  I decided to live with it
2015-6-9
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-9 20:44
Damn my friend, I am so sorry!  I literally cringed while reading your news, mate.  Keep us updated, ...

Well, update so far.   I called initially and asked if I could get a refund and buy another and was told no.  Then I read the form I had to fill out again and it said refund.  So I called again today and asked if I could get the refund and just buy another.  Was told yes this time.  I paid with a 10% coupon and asked if I could use it on the second purchase or have the discounted price honored again.  Was told that they don't deal with online sales, I'd have to call and ask.  Ok.  So I called the number again.  Hit the button for online sales.  And guess what?  There's no live person to speak with in the USA.  You have to email them

So I did.  Got no response.  So I did the chat thing and found out online sales is 9 hours away and they are sleeping.  It's 2 am when I did the chat.  So, ok I have o wait for China to wake up.  So now it's an hour and a half into their work day and no return email.  Had I not used a coupon, and saved 289 dollars.  I would get the full refund.   Online sales says 10-15 days before one could ship out anyway.  So I guess I'm stuck with the exchange and having to wait for shipping there.   Was told one week for their manager to look at it. Then 3-4 more days to ship a new one.     

3 days of use and I wait another two weeks.  It's only a drone.  I've got other things to do.  Not something I'll loose sleep over.  But the USA representation is severely lacking.  Why no online sales division in the USA?  Why can't I speak to someone?  BS if you ask me.  
Could I have saved some time and gone with a local dealer?  Yeah maybe.  At a cost of 289 more.  But dealers won't do anything for you.  The will tell you to contact DJI.  ...and the verbiage said you have 7 days to file for return or exchange and after that, the 5-6 week repair process.  What the hell did I get myself into.    I probably should of listened to the posts

I know DJI reads these posts.  It will be interesting to see if they give a damn and say something
2015-6-9
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-10 11:41
Well, update so far.   I called initially and asked if I could get a refund and buy another and was ...

Your story sounds absolutely terrible and I'm truly sorry to see yet another purchaser of a DJI product treated in such a manner.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Mine was 3 days old, had 8 flights and less than 30 mins of air time when the bells of 'DJI Hell' tolled and the bird was "mysteriously" called away...straight into a tree...at full speed. Not pilot error mind you, it was an early Februrary model, known to have the infamous and now admitted, 'IMU Bug'. After they had it in LA for a total of two (2) months and five (5) days of my three (3) month ownership, (all for repairs and re-repairs only to be returned with a major camera issue) the best offer received on my end, was a refurbished unit. According to them, it was due to the age of the original unit. Now that's what I call customer service! Call me crazy but, I had actual, usable possession of it for 3 days.  This was the reason for asking whether the unit being received will be a 'refurbished' replacement or actual  'new' unit.

This wasn't my first rodeo, I expected a little bit of issue here and there, just not here and now.

Happy to report, though it took a bit of patience, I was awarded a full refund.

'Pathetic' doesn't come close to explaining the standard lack of consumer/customer relations. Please remind me again, where exactly is that 24/7 support?

Sorry to be so cynical...I seriously wish you nothing but good luck and truly hope you get what you are after by finding yourself in the air, doing what you can, to bring wonderful photos and videos to the masses.

Respectfully,

-S.N.
2015-6-9
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Ok so support tells me to contact online sales about the coupon code I used.  So I did.  Emailed them.  And after 12 hours got this.
"
Dear ****

Thank you for your email!
Here we(online store) don't have any discount couple.
Sorry for that.
Please ask support team for couple if you get permission to get the couple.

Best Regards!"

Best regards?    How Genuine is this?  As you can see, I got no help.  No 24/7 support.   No conversation with an agent.  Just canned sorry best regards.    And there you go.   DJI support in a nut shell.

I didn't ask for a discount couple.   I asked to honor the coupon code I used in my first sale.  Or arrange the discount.   Engrish please

I got referred back to support.   Huh?  Why are you pissing off the people who can afford and have the income to buy inspires?

I red the posts about good experiences with their product.  I'm happy for those people.  But the after the sale help is very lacking.   I'll resort to waiting for the exchange.   It seems all I can do.   
2015-6-10
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Another update.  So after being told twice by online sales that they could not help me. I went back to support.   I explained why I wanted a refund since it was under 7 days and only 3 days of use and that I'd like them to honor my original expenditure.    after 3-4 hours I got a phone call back and was told.  No, you can't have a refund and pay what you paid before for a new unit.  I would have to pay 2899 and loose 289 for this incident.  I've got 4 extra batteries and three extra chargers I've already purchased.   So...I decided to to take the exchange.   My unit arrives friday.   I was told it would take 5-7 business days to check it in and then I would be sent a new unit.   3-4 days to ship it back.  So, I've used it a total of 3 days (probably 3-4 hours total) and probably will wait 2 weeks until something comes along.   This is probably the last time I'll purchase a product from DJI.   They are an insulated Chinese company that doesn't reach out to the customer nor will they work with you on the financials of the purchase.

I could be sent out a new unit immediately, but they won't do it.   They won't honor the price I paid on a new unit.   Hell, there's noone in sales to talk with.  You have to email them and you get a reply at 3 am telling you sorry, best regards.    I asked why it took 5-7 days to check a unit and in and he said "sorry buddy, that's just the way it is".  
2015-6-11
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-12 01:49
Another update.  So after being told twice by online sales that they could not help me. I went back  ...

Sadly that is consistent with many others' experiences as well.  Some credit card companies provide for enhanced refund coverage, so if by chance you used one of them you would have some additional leverage.
2015-6-11
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-12 01:49
Another update.  So after being told twice by online sales that they could not help me. I went back  ...

Not trying to but into your business and definitely mean no disrespect in the following questions...

A- Did you ensure the exchange was indeed for a 'NEW' and not 'REFURBISHED' unit? Please say, 'yes'.  Make sure to check the mfg date when your new unit arrives.
B- Did you purchase directly from DJI? If so, contact your C/C company, explaining the situation, that IT IS NOT PILOT ERROR and go for a refund, if this is what you desire.
C- Knowing what you know of customer service, (or lack thereof) no availability of major components to the public, (except to send it in) and a general disregard for requests made when following their 'money back guarantee' procedure (asking for a refund within the 7 day period and being told "no...too bad...that's the way it is") why not stop and re-group?

Truly, think of exactly what it is you're really looking to do with the unit. Either you will be using it on a professional level or, like many, be making videos with friends and family, while documenting your life and where you are at the time. Depending on your answer, hash out all of the options offered and whether or not it's more for professional level use or actually a more casual use. Not trying to sound like a nurse maid, I just wish some of those questions had been posed to me prior.

Everyone knows (I 'm not the only one with this opinion) that there are other players in the game. In an attempt of keeping good form and abiding by forum rules, I won't mention the professional pair by their "Unique" names as offered by "Three Drone Racers" as this may be concieved as promoting another product. In truth, there are side by side comparisons of products all over the net.
Again, I honestly mean no disrespect toward you, nor am I trying to rile you in any way. My intentions are only to offer an alternate perspective on the matter.

(I'm sure you know it) Pete is 100% correct concerning most, major bank/brand credit card companies and their being able to freeze and/or return your funds, especially considering the circumstances. AmEx did wonders for me.

Hope to see you do what you feel is right for you, enjoy your decision and NEVER look back.

Best regards,
-S.N.
2015-6-13
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-9 08:37
InspireAggie- Sorry to hear the bad news.

Hopefully, you don't mind if I ask this but...did you m ...

Dji said I would be getting a new unit.  Part of me feels that the electronics burnout is something that can happen and could happen to any electronics device.   I don't do video for a living.  I just wanted the best drone I could afford.  One doesn't have to be a pro to own a pro drone.  I fly helis and I'm an ok pilot. I don't do 3D.  Some inverted flight.   So I'm pretty sure with my skills had I have to take over and fly Atti mode.   

I've already purchased 3 extra chargers and 4 extra batteries.  But I'm in the window where I could return it all to Amazon.  

I take no offense to any of your questions.   I'm thinking about what to do about replacement or refund.  I'll decide Sunday night and make a phone call Monday morning.   So you think I should just give it up huh?   I think your probably right.  I wonder how many feel that I should just return it and wait for another day.  Another company.    I have a phantom 3.  It's a little slow but after 70 flights, no glitches.  Maybe I should just be happy and cut my losses.   
2015-6-13
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspireAggie Posted at 2015-6-14 06:37
Dji said I would be getting a new unit.  Part of me feels that the electronics burnout is somethin ...

I hear ya, sir. Electronics failures do occur. Like you, I have a passion for flying (not 3D hot dog style) and building helis as a hobbyist. I have indeed had my share of issues but, was always able to trouble shoot and/or get parts as needed.

As in your case, I do not shoot video on a professional level and wanted, what I thought, was the best bang for my buck. At $4k, all of the hype surrounding the provocative and innovative design promises of the Inspire, seemed like a good choice. In hindsight, I was wrong. It was not the drone for me. Mind you, I looked at this unit as very cool and capable.

I'm sure, by your modest remarks, you are actually a very good pilot and quite capable of handling what you fly, of that I have no doubt. Besides, who the hell am I to judge any position of piloting skills?
As to "...just give it up..." my answer is a resounding, 'NO'. Instead, my suggestion would be to do what you feel you should but, in the meantime, research more reasonable options that are available.

Where others opinions lay, they (I) do not live in your shoes or know what's best for you in your life. That said, if you own a P3 and think it a bit slow, think of this...
How many high speed aerial shots are you actually going to perform? A slower platform will provide better shots for the most part. Camera angle and all that, depends on the operator and higher speed fly bys...well we know how those can often end in a bad result.

Here's a great example in comparison, as to "other" unit, you make the decision.

https://youtu.be?lSNkBaUUeGY

Pop this into Youtubes search option. It's under Drone Doctor, the clip is 3:26 and titled "Inspire 1 and Yun..." there are a couple in the series. Very informative and fair.

You have a lot to think on friend,

-S.N.

2015-6-13
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

I called in and spoke with a DJI support rep this morning.   At first I had it thrown at me that I went back in forth between a refund and exchange.  I explained as the customer, I have the right to go back and forth because it's a lot of money.     I have no idea when a replacement would be sent.  It hadn't been checked in but they got it last Friday.   So I politely asked for a refund.    He went to his supervisor and granted the refund.    I was told it would be 1-2 weeks before money would be credited back...but he had no idea when.     

I feel relief.   I invested this in DJI products

2609.10  - inspire 1
   800.00     - 4 additional batteries
   300.00     - 3x 180 power supplied
   610.00     - extra remote

total  4319.10

Im sending the extras back to amazon

Because of the lack of customer service and the run around with online sales.  Not having a person to speak with on the phone.  Waiting 24 hours for emails to arrive from china.   Trying chat but being told everyone is asleep, try later.... I'm done.    I feel a great relief off my shoulders.    I won't be worrying about 6-8 weeks repair times.  Flyaways....battery problems...

I'll try DJI back in 6 months and these forums to see how CS has improved.   

Here's what I expect.   

1.  USA person to speak with for online sales.  No Emails, no chat.  A real person.
2.  My product breaks (beyond my control or something I didn't cause) within legitimate time frame,  You send out a replacement right away or give me an option to purchase a new one and get credited back  (they would not do this for me and honor the sales price of 2609 I paid)  I used a 10% off coupon and was told to go find another from the place where I found the first one.   What?   At least honor the sale price.   It's what made me go ahead with the purchase in the first place. You recooped the discount with the accessories I purchased
3.  repair times down to 1-2 weeks and more availability of factory trained locations.  Not one centralized location where weeks go by before items are checked in.  We will guarantee your product is repaired within 2 weeks or we ship you a new one at the cost of repairs and labor.  
4.  More availability of parts
5.  Refunds....1-2 weeks.   No.  I'll be disputing this with my form of payment.  1-2 weeks is not acceptable.
6. 60-90 day no haggle, no hassle, refund or exchange.   Put your customer first and stand behind your product.

Until then.  No way.  I'm done.  History has shown how well foreign products do in the USA when CS sucks.   You'll figure it out or get passed up by a better company with good CS
Not a single DJI rep came into this thread and offered any peace of mind on my purchase.   Why?

2015-6-15
Use props
stazrich
New

United States

Wow, sorry to hear about your difficulties with the Inspire. Customer service is paramount these days, and by reading all these post you would think that DJI is seriously lacking in it.
I can only say with my experience so far (15 flights and 2:47 of flight time) that the only issue is some video loss here and there (knock on wood). I hope DJI takes care of you and you are back flying soon.
In six months you might be reading about the Inspire ll if you believe everything written on this site. All I am saying is don't give up and keep pushing for that "new replacement".
2015-6-15
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

stazrich@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-16 00:51
Wow, sorry to hear about your difficulties with the Inspire. Customer service is paramount these day ...

I hope you don't have any issues with yours.  I hope and pray you don't.  I was 15 flights in when the connection failed between the Mainboard and the battery.    I'm so thankful it was within the 7 day time frame for refund or exchange.    Had it been just 4 days longer, I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for something I only spent a few hours enjoying.     I think this needs to be extended for 60-90 days instant exchange.   If you support your product, why not?

I'll look and see what comes out towards the end of the year.   I loved flying it.  But after being out in the country this weekend, my phantom 3 did just fine.    It's a lot slower, but hey, it worked.   At least if I have a problem, I can find parts for it.    Not as easy with the inspire.  I have a feeling that the inspire 2 will be rethought on ability to offer parts and have consumer repairability.  DJI CANNOT sustain this type of service.  It won't last in the USA.
2015-6-15
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Be careful about posting the truth here. You will soon be reprimanded by those lucky few who have YET to experience a problem or suffer through the ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE "customer service" offered by this company. If you are treated like garbage by DJI (and you will be) you will be labeled a troll for posting your experience here. Best of luck to you but you are in for a LONG and FRUSTRATING ride. No amount of complaints, emails or phone calls will change anything. They don't read your email, the people on the phone cannot answer your questions and will tell you to send an email. Which nobody will ever read or respond to. They have your money already.
2015-6-15
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Hey IA- Good to read the update concerning your deciding on the refund!

When put into a similar situation with an IMU failure, as you well know, I attempted to immediately go through proper channels within 3 (three) days and requested a refund. I was given the run around, then finally, an RMA...anyone who has read my original post (update coming soon), knows the rest.

It wasn't the lack of interest in the product for my being so responsive within this forum, in complete honesty, it was their lack of customer service.

Not once, not twice, not thrice, but even on the fourth go round, there were major issues. At first, I was interested more in keeping the unit and waited patiently (for 8 weeks) only contacting DJI when I noted they had somehow entered my home address as FL, instead of GA. How that was put in incorrectly, is anybody's guess. It wasn't until the 3-day-new unit and case came back, ridiculously FUBAR, that SKY NINJAwas born. Yet, I still didn't post to this forum (only to DJI, trying to keep it cool) until after the second time it came back, this time with the camera (which worked the first time back) didn't work and I received only silence from said company. Until 'Ed' tried the 'smear campaign' PR tactic (after Marc F from DJI contacted me) for not taking a refurbished in place of the new one, I had no real reason to post much.

They (DJI) were given four (4) chances to make right, on what should have been a straight forward process, and by their own doing, failed...miserably. There isn't one person on this forum, or any other for that matter, that wouldn't be more than slightly irritated, mad, disturbed or bothered by the treatment received. Of course I dumped it, who wouldn't? DJI made it clear, there was no reasonable choice that benefited me investing my money or continuing with the purchasing of their product, when it came to the Inspire.

Good for you, getting a refund. There is no reason, in todays world, to give away money we worked for and earned. Like us, manufacturers must earn our money, as well.

Remember, let go of your inner thoughts of irritatation against a product, that in the whole of life, really means nothing. Instead, enjoy the free things already around you.

Stay in the air!
-S.N.

2015-6-18
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

2015-6-18
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-6-16 05:18
Be careful about posting the truth here. You will soon be reprimanded by those lucky few who have YE ...

jhogge- Wanna know a secret? Shhhhhh...don't tell anybody but-

My valid complaints, emails and phone calls CHANGED EVERYTHING! I believe the secret lays somewhere within the boundaries of tact used, the proof provided and the purchasing power utilized. And...as in IA's case, they don't have my money, anymore.

Where you express concern of being cited as a 'troll' for posting honestly, perhaps you have a point. The way to establish you are not a 'Troll' (as they are said to hide in caves or under bridges and only scare people) is make clear you are indeed an 'Ogre'. When provoked for no reason, an 'Ogre' will not offer idle threats but instead, rip off a mans head, eat it and dance on the bloodied carcass in plain view of the mans friends. This usually leads to the 'Ogre' not being further threatened, antagonized or otherwise. This said, for me, the 'Ogre' is the perfect responsive answer to a 'Troll'. Therefore, if any person has a say with me, they must understand the difference.

One side note, incase anyone reading this didn't get it already, it's a joke, not a challenge. I don't have much time for dancing on bloody carcasses these days.

Go enjoy the warm air people, Happy flights!

-S.N.
2015-6-18
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

SN,
you are probably the one whom convinced me the difference between need and want.  I wanted it.  I didn't need it.   I don't need it now but would still like to fly it.  But what robbed me of joy was the nervousness of flying and thinking, if you crash it...or if it breaks on it's own......you won't get it back for 8 weeks. I've even seen long wait time just to get a battery replaced.  I'd ask people...DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINE SALES.   Get your extras off of Amazon.  .....and fullfilled by Amazon.

I repair my helis in the garage in a few hours time and I'm good to go next day.  apples and oranges I guess.   After I said "forget this" and asked for the refund, I had peace about it.   I still would like to fly it but I can get the same video quality out of my phantom 3 and flew it all weekend last.  Got some great video of farm land and enjoyed everything.   I even pushed it out to 15,000 feet and it came right back to me (over unoccupied farmland).  The whole time, thinking I can track it and find it if it doesn't come home and I can repair the whole thing if I need to.  I've already got a replacement MB and shell.   Not so with the inspire.   This doesn't sit well with a do it yourself person who refuses to pay people to change the oil on his truck.  I just like repairing things myself.   

Anyway, they've had my return for a week by tomorrow and I don't have a refund.    I sent off a paypal claim right after I sent it off knowing days were ticking and if paypal gets the same run around as I did with online sales with no real responses and "best regards" comments.... I'll get my refund after 10 days.  Hopefully.  Would be nice for DJI to step up and just do it without being forced but I read one other guys post where he had to really fight to get the funds back....sigh....    I watch these forums because there's some  validation that I'm not alone here.    Hopefully, people will read and come to their own conclusion.  No matter the reason for their repair facility being ill equipped, ask yourself if you need it.  If you can afford to be without it for 8 weeks if anything on it fails... Whether it be user error or internal.   Be prepared for the wait times.  Make good decisions.  

2015-6-18
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Ok, Here's an update on my experience with DJI.      I sent my unit back and it took 3 days via UPS.   It was delivered 10 days ago to DJI. 13 total days since RMA started.    So, I logged into the zendesk this morning and asked the question about the refund and posted on an open ticket.   6 hours later, I get no response.   So I call.   For 25 minutes I get due to high call volume, we cannot except your call.  Ok.  So I finally call one last time and get put in a call que.    Caller 10...wait time 35 minutes.    So, I leave work and drive home and get close to home.  Stop for gas and fill up the truck.   Drive to chic-fil-a and get a coke and ice cream.  They've got great soft serve icecream by the way.    Get home.. Unload my belongings and finish up my ice cream cone.

So, 35 minutes after call is placed I get tech support for the inspire.   I basically get from the first line tech that your guess is as good as mine as to where we are on the refund.  So, I ask for a supervisor.    I get him on the phone and he doesn't know where we are on the refund.     He basically says that once a request is made for a refund in HONG KONG, it can take 7-10 BUISINESS days for a refund.  But he can't even tell me where we are in the process.. or even if a request was made!      I'm pissed.     I asked him to guarantee that if the request hasn't been made to do it today.....So, I have no idea where we are..   If the request was made.  Nothing.    It may take another 7-10 days to get a refund.    I ordered this POS on June 5....Spent 3 days with it until the wiring burned up and STILL don't have a refund.   

Guys.....I'm telling you.   Don't buy an inspire.   Count your lucky stars if you already have one and it hasn't broken.    It's just not worth it.    Not worth the time and effort.     This is by far THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE  I've ever had.    They can't process a refund at Torrance unless they put it through to HONG KONG!       I'll say it again.  Don't buy this mess.   You will be sorry you did.

If you buy from DJI online sales.....You are getting the worse customer service in the industry.   Plain and simple.   This goes beyond not having room enough in Torrance to make repairs.   It's a critically broken system.   And is sucks for the consumer.

I'm pleased to say that I got 100% refund on all my accessories I purchased from Amazon.   (4 extra batteries, three 180 watt chargers, extra inspire remote)   That's the way to go.  
2015-6-22
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then inspire looks like it's dji's major headach when it comes to issues. Yet for some lucky god-given reason I've never had an issue and with the bird not once. And as I'm typing this I'm knocking on wood. But I've read a lot of issues that people put in the forum an a  lot of it is pilot error. Anyone can buy a drone charger/battery  power it up and go up and down and left and right but that's not call piloting a drone.
2015-6-22
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Another update.    They didn't put in a request with Hong Kong..  so, I wait another 8-10 BUSINESS days for a refund.   One month will pass before I get the funds back in my account...   Are you sure you want one of these?
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

IA- Welcome to the club, my friend.

I don't say that as a wise guy, but instead, letting you know you are not alone. I've been saying this the whole time...it wasn't the Inspire 1 that I gave up on, it was the 3-1/2 months of HELL and the lack in customer service.

Buddy, I couldn't agree with you more on everything you say!

-S.N.
2015-6-22
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

OK.  I have a conclusion here.  I waited to post any more until it was resolved.  So......  I got my refund today through paypal.    Paypal took so long to reverse my decision because DJI had not responded to a single email from them to confirm delivery.   Evidently, paypal has a hong kong return address for RMAs.  My label, sent by DJI requested I send it to after sales in California.  Which I did.  And because paypal had conflicting information, they could not confirm directly, delivery.  Evidently, tracking is not enough.  It has to be verified with the seller.

paypal sent from my count 6 or so emails off to DJI and they would not respond.   So I tried to have paypal call and after long wait times, they gave up on the phone system.   So, I persisted and got one lady to call and get support.    She did get in contact with support.  I gave her both my tracking, order number,  case number and everything DJI had been sending me in emails and she was told by the support team in California that there was no case and they couldn't find my information.  She read the emails sent in by support and they denied knowing anything.    Then....then hung up on her!

So,  she red flagged DJI (according to what I'm told)  and escalated the problem to management.    She also called my bank and helped me to file an ACH report.    I did that with the bank.

So, this morning, I got a reversal of funds and got my refund back.  

Timeline
Purchased June 1
Recieved via fedex June 5th
Battery to mainboard failure June 7.
Return to DJI support in California June 12   - I proceeded with paypal complaint 10 days later because they could not tell me exactly when a return would be issued
Refund reversed by paypal July 7

3 days of ownership......Took 3 weeks 4 days for refund.  Refunds are processed by Logistics and Logistics communicates with HQ in Hong Kong.    Lesson learned.  Don't buy from online sales.  Ever.  I'm glad I'm done here.
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules