3847 12 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the joystick of the extension rod? I find it too easy to make massive movements with even the slightest of touches.
Thanks,
Chris
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Chris. Thank you reaching out. I am sorry to say as of the moment we do not have the option to adjust the sensitivity of the joystick of  DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the user manual of the DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Rod_User_Guide.pdf
2019-8-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I find that using two thumbs works better for really slow movements - one thumb restrains the movement while the other does the pushing.  Hard to describe...
2019-8-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 10:44
Hello and good day Chris. Thank you reaching out. I am sorry to say as of the moment we do not have the option to adjust the sensitivity of the joystick of  DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the user manual of the DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo%20Pocket/Osmo_Pocket_Extension_Rod_User_Guide.pdf

Thank you DJI Stephen.
2019-8-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-17 14:56
I find that using two thumbs works better for really slow movements - one thumb restrains the movement while the other does the pushing.  Hard to describe...

Thank you, I'll give that a go! I also found that using active track makes for good, steady moves too!
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ChrisJG Posted at 8-17 22:23
Thank you DJI Stephen.

You are very much welcome Chris. If you have ant other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-8-18
Use props
cosmic68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 89042 ft
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-17 14:56
I find that using two thumbs works better for really slow movements - one thumb restrains the movement while the other does the pushing.  Hard to describe...

Great tip. This actually worked out for me
2019-8-19
Use props
Jonathan Post IL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517198 ft
Israel

Totally right. The joystick is too sensitive and even a small push move the osmo camera too fast. It is almost impossible to make slow stable movements with the joystick. I hope DJI will find a way to reduce the sensitivity. What is the rod worth if you can't use the joystick? If dI would have know this before I would have just bought a cheap selfiestick.
2020-2-10
Use props
GRandyB
lvl.3
United States

So does this many the joystick is not variable speed...that it's more like an on/off switch in whatever direction you choose?
2021-4-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

GRandyB Posted at 4-20 05:17
So does this many the joystick is not variable speed...that it's more like an on/off switch in whatever direction you choose?

It's variable. But, breaking the initial tension will often result in a faster start speed.
2021-4-20
Use props
Sammy55
lvl.2

Australia

Please Add Extension Rod Joystick Sensitivity Control Setting.. Much Needed.. and Zoom Function On stick
2023-8-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

The joystick control in the extension rod is analogue, but admittably hard to control without going overboard with the speed if aiming for slower, steadier movements.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sammy55 Posted at 8-25 23:54
Please Add Extension Rod Joystick Sensitivity Control Setting.. Much Needed.. and Zoom Function On stick

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention.  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules