DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Released - Capture Life’s Memorable Moments
27003 213 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 1428 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 6 Points! Each person is 2 times
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Replies reward +6 Points

People still wait for nothing to wait for ?
2019-8-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Replies reward +6 Points

next time next time waster
2019-8-13
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks like I’m soon going to be getting a new toy. Looks nice.
2019-8-13
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks that Freevision Vilta M Pro is more preferrable. The ability to fold a gimbal is not so important for the persons, bringing a full backpack with goodies for taking footage
2019-8-13
Use props
ArizonaFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 250932 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

That's pretty cool! Totally ingenious!
2019-8-13
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

djiuser_51m7W3Ob6n0u Posted at 8-13 07:07
Does version 3 solve the problem of shaking iphone (VR)?

Now that in a very interesting point which I would also like to know the answer
2019-8-13
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Replies reward +6 Points

Just what this world needs....another bloody gimbal.....boring and disappointing! Not interested!!!
2019-8-13
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Replies reward +6 Points

Essjay Posted at 8-13 05:51
Apart from the (handy) folding arm, I’m not seeing any great technical difference between this and my Osmo Mobile 2 !

The construction is new and that's a good improvement!
2019-8-13
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Poland

Replies reward +6 Points

flyingfun Posted at 8-13 07:18
Does it uses the same batteries ??

Same as what?
2019-8-13
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

Only £119, might not need one, but ordered one anyway. I will use it.
2019-8-13
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Replies reward +6 Points

Is it compatible with iPhone optical image stabilizer now?
2019-8-13
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Nice refresh of a classic device
2019-8-13
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 8-13 06:07
Change my world? I think not.  250gm 4K drone would have.

Not sure that this will ever happen

The Spark is 300 gr, including the 95 gr of the battery.
Removing 50gr while adding CPU power will cut at lot from the flight time ...
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-13 06:19
Hi David, here is a brief comparison between Osmo Mobile 2 and Osmo Mobile 3, hope it helps:
Function:
1. Well-placed buttons and intuitive functions make Osmo Mobile 3 convenient to use with a single hand, providing more versatility and freedom of movement.

Thank you for providing this information I went ahead and purchased the Osmo Mobile 3 in light of my recent purchase of the Osmo Mobile 2. Both will be useful to film two cameras simultaneously and then merge them together in Adobe post.
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 06:43
I seem to remember you said exactly the same thing about M2 but went on to buy one .

Yes, it took me a year to finalize which Mavic 2 I'd be going with, which is the Zoom and it has proven to be awesome, although my only gripe given waiting the year for the kinks to be taken out, I was surprised to see there are issues with Return To Home on my unit. Sometimes when the drone is away in one direction (South) it proceeds to drift and follow another Home Point, one time I saw a white line on the Go 4  application that the drone was following instead the line representing the Home Point, and this has happened a few times now, my only concern is what would happen if I totally lost connection with the Zoom and it failed to come back. I've had more than 1200 flights with my Spark and Mavic Pro and both of them never once had any issues with returning home. This is one issue, there's also another issue with my Zoom when it's in Active Track in Fast Mode once it locks onto a subject there is the "Obstacle Avoidance Temporary Error" message flashes red in the middle of the screen that I think should mean "Obstacle Avoidance Temporarily Disabled" since Fast Mode it's disabled, I sent DJI Support an email about this but all they responded was to send in the drone for service I just thought everyone might be experiencing this same error message or is it just me?
2019-8-13
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

akozc Posted at 8-13 06:54
apart from foldability ,  still looks like too bulky

It will undoubtedly always be somewhat bulky given how large of a unit it is. I think anything less to where you would reach maximum foldability would likely be negligible?..
2019-8-13
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

C'mon DJI, I'm seriously saving up for a Ronin-SC, stop tempting me to buy your other products!

I guess I'll have to convince my wife we need both at some point haha
2019-8-13
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Toedles Posted at 8-13 09:38
Just what this world needs....another bloody gimbal.....boring and disappointing! Not interested!!!

Isn't there a rumor of two products coming soon? And the other one is a Mavic Mini? DJI pumps out too many in a year haha
2019-8-13
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

marctronixx Posted at 8-13 06:50
Galaxy Note 10+ compatibility? Flagship phone releasing next week. Already have 3 on order and woudl purchase this for one of them.

That would be good to know, especially with all the video features of the Note too!
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-13 13:56
Yes, it took me a year to finalize which Mavic 2 I'd be going with, which is the Zoom and it has proven to be awesome, although my only gripe given waiting the year for the kinks to be taken out, I was surprised to see there are issues with Return To Home on my unit. Sometimes when the drone is away in one direction (South) it proceeds to drift and follow another Home Point, one time I saw a white line on the Go 4  application that the drone was following instead the line representing the Home Point, and this has happened a few times now, my only concern is what would happen if I totally lost connection with the Zoom and it failed to come back. I've had more than 1200 flights with my Spark and Mavic Pro and both of them never once had any issues with returning home. This is one issue, there's also another issue with my Zoom when it's in Active Track in Fast Mode once it locks onto a subject there is the "Obstacle Avoidance Temporary Error" message flashes red in the middle of the screen that I think should mean "Obstacle Avoidance Temporarily Disabled" since Fast Mode it's disabled, I sent DJI Support an email about this but all they responded was to send in the drone for service I just thought everyone might be experiencing this same error message or is it just me?

Rth is different on M2 than it is on M1

2019-8-13
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

PS013 Posted at 8-13 13:13
Not sure that this will ever happen

The Spark is 300 gr, including the 95 gr of the battery.

Well, the latest rumours about their upcoming drone place it at 245 grams with a 4K camera on a 3 axis gimbal, with 18 minutes of battery life.

https://dronedj.com/2019/08/13/dji-mavic-mini-specs-leaked-245-grams/

2019-8-13
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Anyone see or recommend a way to mount an external mic now that we can via lightning port?
2019-8-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

looks cool. How about a gimbal for the Osmo Action
2019-8-13
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Replies reward +6 Points

Stormageddons Posted at 8-13 14:29
Well, the latest rumours about their upcoming drone place it at 245 grams with a 4K camera on a 3 axis gimbal, with 18 minutes of battery life.

https://dronedj.com/2019/08/13/dji-mavic-mini-specs-leaked-245-grams/

I can hardly wait for this one Hope the rumours are true...
2019-8-13
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Replies reward +6 Points

Raincast Posted at 8-13 14:03
Isn't there a rumor of two products coming soon? And the other one is a Mavic Mini? DJI pumps out too many in a year haha

Yeah, I saw the pictures of the Mavic mini....
2019-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Only $119???????

I mean $139.. I need the tripod for Panos and Macro Photography would be easy as well as other things.  It takes a lot of work to setup the A7 III on the Ronin-S.
2019-8-13
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Replies reward +6 Points

I love the folding design, access to the phone ports is great step forward, and you can now balance without counterweights with external lenses.

I may just upgrade from the OM2... I'll wait and see some more reviews first though. It'll be interesting to see the difference loosing the 'flashlight' mode to a kind of side flashlight mode (if that makes sense).

Why is Samsung not on the updated list of compatible phones? I know Samsung only give limited access for 3rd parties to their camera software, but people who have a Samsung phone need confidence that it will work with the OM3.
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mine has shipped already , website said when purchasing 9/14 days, pretty good .
2019-8-14
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Replies reward +6 Points

Considering the purchase ... and waiting for the new iPhone
2019-8-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Replies reward +6 Points

This looks such a neat piece of engineering at a moderate price that I ordered one even though I have a Pocket in my pocket.  So actually it will only really make sense if I use it with a phone that has a better camera than the Pocket does.  Currently I'd use it with an iPhone 6 - any views on how that measures up to the Pocket in terms of image quality?  Of course I could just test for myself...  But in the longer run I might upgrade to a Pixel 3a - or similar - but that is oddly not on the compatibility list.  I guess that means that they haven't actually tested it.
2019-8-14
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks cool
2019-8-14
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

wished i had a 6pack of em
2019-8-14
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Replies reward +6 Points

Woe Posted at 8-13 17:40
looks cool. How about a gimbal for the Osmo Action

I've been also thinking about this, thought I guess DJI will not make one as Osmo Action has it's own digital stabilization system.
2019-8-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2019-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Replies reward +6 Points

Wow, looks like a nice addition
2019-8-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Replies reward +6 Points

The Osmo family is growing nicely
2019-8-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

escore Posted at 8-14 02:10
I've been also thinking about this, thought I guess DJI will not make one as Osmo Action has it's own digital stabilization system.

Wishful thinking on my part
2019-8-14
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Replies reward +6 Points

Looks like a very nice upgrade!
2019-8-14
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

fansfe82067d Posted at 8-14 02:02
This looks such a neat piece of engineering at a moderate price that I ordered one even though I have a Pocket in my pocket.  So actually it will only really make sense if I use it with a phone that has a better camera than the Pocket does.  Currently I'd use it with an iPhone 6 - any views on how that measures up to the Pocket in terms of image quality?  Of course I could just test for myself...  But in the longer run I might upgrade to a Pixel 3a - or similar - but that is oddly not on the compatibility list.  I guess that means that they haven't actually tested it.

It's still great for having a 2 camera mobile setup. If you shoot two people talking, you can have 2 cameras going at once for coverage with needing to do an additional setup.
2019-8-14
Use props
burkek
lvl.1
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

iPhone owners need to know that gimbals like this are not compatible with their phones due to the fact that the optical image stabilization in the phone cannot be disengaged. This results in microjitters in the resulting footage - a battle between the optical image stabilization in the phone and the gimbal stabilization. Google it.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules