Will Ronin-S get SC app eventually with active track?
2511 3 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1c5be8ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387159 ft
United States

I am looking to buy a gimbal, and I really like the active track feature in the new app that the Ronin-SC has, as shown in the image below. My understanding is that the ronin-s does not yet have this functionality, but may in the near future get the same app that the SC version uses - thus enabling active track on the ronin-s as well. I would just buy the SC version, but my equipment is too heavy for its maximum payload.

Does anyone know if the S model will get active track and the new app eventually? Thanks

2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We don't have information if the Ronin-S would support different application or an update in the future wherein it would support active track. We would recommend paying attention to our website for further update. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-8-13
Use props
Daniiii
lvl.2

Spain

I understand that, after waiting so long... Do you still have no information about a possible implementation of Active Track 3.0 in our Ronin-S?
Seriously?
So... Why do you ask us so often for patience and to pay attention to your website? So that we can see how you launch more gimbals, cheaper and supposedly less professional that do include these advances in their firmwares?

The latest Ronin-S firmware was in March.
Since then two gimbals (Ronin SC and Osmo Mobile 3) with Active Track 3.0.

You have made the long explanation "... It will take us time because of the difficulty of the calibration with more weight for the support of the mobile phone, and in DJI we want to give the user the best of experiences..."
Nice words, although it's true that you confirmed absolutely nothing. But it seemed that at least you were working on it.
So it seems quite contradictory that now you say you have no information about if Active Track will be possible in our Ronin-S.

You should speak honestly to customers.
2019-8-13
Use props
Willhan
lvl.1
Belgium

Daniiii Posted at 8-13 23:53
I understand that, after waiting so long... Do you still have no information about a possible implementation of Active Track 3.0 in our Ronin-S?
Seriously?
So... Why do you ask us so often for patience and to pay attention to your website? So that we can see how you launch more gimbals, cheaper and supposedly less professional that do include these advances in their firmwares?

This is merely a forum, a place to voice an opinion. DJI uses this place to keep customers "happy"
Like you promise a child to give it a lollypop when it is quiet.

Based on the track-record of promises made by moderators, the update for the RS will NEVER come.
Very unfortunate.
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules