If a phone has 3 cameras, does the zoom function use those?
7159 17 2019-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EvanWasHere
lvl.2

United States

For example, I have the Samsung S10 Plus.  Will it automatically switch between all 3 cameras as i zoom in/out?  What about f/ stop control?
2019-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi EvanWasHere, Osmo Mobile 3 will switch the cameras automatically when you zoom in/out, it is related to your phone's system strategy. May we have more details of 'stop control'?
2019-8-13
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

how did you get yours already?  waiting on my preorder on the 23rd
2019-8-15
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

OP said S10 not note 10 plus...
2019-8-16
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

OP’s phone (I believe) has a variable aperture. If I understand correctly, they’re wondering if they can control that from the app.
2019-8-17
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-13 20:17
Hi EvanWasHere, Osmo Mobile 3 will switch the cameras automatically when you zoom in/out, it is related to your phone's system strategy. May we have more details of 'stop control'?

My iPhone XS Max doesn’t switch to the Telephoto lens when I zoom in. It just digital zooms. Is this correct?
2019-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Malakai_UK Posted at 8-22 08:47
My iPhone XS Max doesn’t switch to the Telephoto lens when I zoom in. It just digital zooms. Is this correct?

Thanks for your feedback, we will verify with our engineers and come back to you soon.
2019-8-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Malakai_UK Posted at 8-22 08:47

Current version DJI Mimo just works with the wide angle camera on iPhone XS when zooming.

The limitation is that iOS manual exposure cannot work with switching combination of wide angel and telephoto camera.
(Since current Android device only supports auto exposure, android device switches camera automatically when zooming. )

We will collect more iPhone feedback about this.
2019-8-29
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 8-29 05:06
Current version DJI Mimo just works with the wide angle camera on iPhone XS when zooming.

The limitation is that iOS manual exposure cannot work with switching combination of wide angel and telephoto camera.

I’m using the samsung note 10 plus with the osmo 3. If you cats needs users to test on this exciting new phone, I’d love to help.

Right now everything seems to be working fine from what I can tell.
2019-8-29
Use props
ilboss84
lvl.1

DJI-ytao Posted at 8-29 05:06
Current version DJI Mimo just works with the wide angle camera on iPhone XS when zooming.

I also follow news updates on the use of cameras on the 2 iphone xs max cameras
2019-9-16
Use props
turbopro101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61906 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-13 20:17

Hello. I have a xiaomi redmi note 7 smartphone. I just received my Osmo Mobile 3. The DJI Mimo app is using the stock camera app. Can I switch it to either Open Camera or Google Camera.  The stock camera only shoots in 1080p and has limited options, but the Open Camera and Google Camera apps can shoot in 4k and also has many more capabilities.  Thank you for your help.
2019-9-16
Use props
pnjf
New

Hi

I have a similar question but am not able to start a new thread.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro and am considering buying an Osmo Mobile 3 as my first gimbal, mostly for vacations and family filming. My P30 Pro has an ultra wide angle lens (around 16mm equivalent) and also a 5x optical telephoto lens. I am trying to understand whether I can have the benefit of both those lenses if I zoom while videoing.

I believe I can only zoom while videoing if I use the MIMO app, not the camera app. Is that correct?

Can I zoom out to the full wide angle available on my phone and zoom in to the full telephoto available on my phone while using the zoom control on the gimbal?

If not, what is the zoom range available from the gimbal while videoing?

Thanks
2019-9-26
Use props
Matt Mastrobuono
New

United States

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and this only uses my main lens.  Also zooming is really fast would like to see it slower.
2019-11-9
Use props
techinv
New

United States

I guess that I am the only OnePlus 7 Pro user with a Mobile 3, but same issue and same request.  I'd like to be able to be able to select at least the main and telephoto lenses from the Mimo app in photo mode.
2020-1-16
Use props
djiuser_AyKfZkpRt9Yo
New

France

I dont understand how i can change the résolution of the photos. Can you help me ? Thanks a lot
2020-1-20
Use props
bahadir70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 614 ft
Qatar

I have note 10+. osmo 3 giving me maximum 8x zoom, now I bought note 20 ultra which has 50x zoom but still maximum 8x zoom I can use with osmo 3.  please advise how we can use full zoom with the device?
I am a using dji products for a long time (drones and gimbals). Please find a solution for that problem before all dji users switch to another brand.
2020-9-12
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

bahadir70 Posted at 9-12 00:06
I have note 10+. osmo 3 giving me maximum 8x zoom, now I bought note 20 ultra which has 50x zoom but still maximum 8x zoom I can use with osmo 3.  please advise how we can use full zoom with the device?
I am a using dji products for a long time (drones and gimbals). Please find a solution for that problem before all dji users switch to another brand.

Samsung do not allow 3rd party apps to use the extra cameras or 60fps or 8k.
2020-9-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 2019-8-29 05:06

Great info - thanks for sharing
2020-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules