Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chamanea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
New Caledonia

Hi DJI,

I thought this might need a new thread since the smart controller doesn't seem that smart yet.

I just purchased one of these recently, thinking it was smart enough to be able to run apps such as DroneDeploy, since advertised as smart.
However it looks like these kind of apps can't run at present on the "smart" device, which is a little annoying since I just bought it to replace entirely my original controller.
I realize that I will need to switch back to the old controller every time I will have to do DD type work, which is really not how I intended to do when I invested a large chunck of money into this smart controller...

I'm pretty sure (I hope) that this will be fixed in a near future, but can you guys give us a date or at least let us know whether it is on you plans ?

Thanks.
2019-8-13
Use props
AerialOdyssey
lvl.1
United States

My Smart Controller came packaged with my M2P and mapping is something I am wanting to get into. So do I wait for a fix, or invest in a used previous version controller?
2019-8-18
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to make sure you have at least 83% of overlaps and the altitude as low as it can be with at least room to spare otherwise it would Not come out that great.  I've used mapping on the M2Z and it came out great, well not really as good as the P4PV2.0 but it can be done.

Are the Goggles RE worth getting?  I'm worried to be flying very close to the ground and to people that someone might grab it.
2019-8-18
Use props
Lalele
New

Canada

Any news on this issue??? I bought the mavic pro 2 with a smart controller and it is a 2k paperweight since I can't do any type of mapping with it
2019-8-26
Use props
DroneCatcher
New

Finland

I'm pondering between getting the Smart Controller or a dedicated iPad Mini for the regular RC.

The cost is pretty much the same (for cellular version), but while the iPad has a bigger display (7.9" vs. 5.5"), the Smart Controller could be simpler to use. Drone is Mavic 2 Pro and it is soooo much better than any of the cheap $50 drones I used to have. I will most likely be purchasing only DJI products from now on.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but does anyone have any recommendations? Is the Smart Controller essentially the same as the regular RC + DJI GO 4... what I mean is, if Android on the Smart Controller crashes, you can still guide the drone back home using "distance" and other values?
2019-8-30
Use props
djiuser_lORU2YK7IjgG
New

United States

We bought the Mavic 2 pro with "Smart" controller to do mapping and now it looks like we cant get any mapping apps on the controller... whats the deal dji
2020-3-19
Use props
fans5c5a4281
lvl.1

United States

Lalele Posted at 2019-8-26 11:27
Any news on this issue??? I bought the mavic pro 2 with a smart controller and it is a 2k paperweight since I can't do any type of mapping with it

If you hook the smart controller up to the internet and Google search for and download the DJI PE
(Personal Edition) app, you can do some mapping.

I just found it on youtube searching "Mavic Smart controller mapping"
2020-5-12
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneCatcher Posted at 2019-8-30 01:33
I'm pondering between getting the Smart Controller or a dedicated iPad Mini for the regular RC.

The cost is pretty much the same (for cellular version), but while the iPad has a bigger display (7.9" vs. 5.5"), the Smart Controller could be simpler to use. Drone is Mavic 2 Pro and it is soooo much better than any of the cheap $50 drones I used to have. I will most likely be purchasing only DJI products from now on.

hi
you can get a Crystal Sky. it will work with the M2 Pro, but not the newest drones Mavic Air 2. The SC is just a unified controller with Crystal Sky. just get the 5.5 display. i\I hear there are issues with the larger displays.

i have both but I prefer the SC. quick to deploy
2020-6-6
Use props
AJCGEO
New

Ivory Coast

Anywhere where we can start a petition to get DJI to do something about this?
2020-12-5
Use props
Arise Aerial
lvl.2

United States

This video shows you how to load DJI PE (DJI Pilot) on the smart controller and it works for mapping.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPZ63kVl8_A&feature=emb_title

2020-12-17
Use props
Scott.Collinson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1073 ft
Canada

Come on DJI, it's been three years, get your ... together.
2021-12-1
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

AJCGEO Posted at 2020-12-5 15:20
Anywhere where we can start a petition to get DJI to do something about this?

You can create a poll but your user level may not grant permission.
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules