Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi DJI,

as you implemeted Active Track 3 for the Osmo Mobile 3 I wonder if we can see this feature for the Mavic or other producs like the Osmo Pocket.

Its already added to the MIMO App so I assume the Phone is the brain here .... and it does not need new Hardware.

Thanks

Steffen

2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good point - possibly on the next drone but if the M2P can have that upgrade over FW then great news!
2019-8-14
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

why firmware? We all know that Active Track is basicly Software that runs on the phone or am I'm worng ? For example the Osmo is NOT able to run Active track by itself it requires a phone.
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-14 02:18
Good point - possibly on the next drone but if the M2P can have that upgrade over FW then great news!

Doesn't feel like DJI will be adding any new software features to Mavic 2 but I might be wrong.  I so hope I am.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trica de Posted at 8-14 03:27
why firmware? We all know that Active Track is basicly Software that runs on the phone or am I'm worng ? For example the Osmo is NOT able to run Active track by itself it requires a phone.

I do believe when DJI release new intelligent flight modes both the firmware in the drone and the version of the GO app needs to be updated - as seen with waypoints V2.0. They also used FW to optimise Active Track 2.0 on the Mavic 2 Pro back in October last year.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-14 06:16
Doesn't feel like DJI will be adding any new software features to Mavic 2 but I might be wrong.  I so hope I am.

People can only ask/recommend/hope/speculate lol We'll only know when/if ever released.
2019-8-14
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

trica de Posted at 8-14 03:27
why firmware? We all know that Active Track is basicly Software that runs on the phone or am I'm worng ? For example the Osmo is NOT able to run Active track by itself it requires a phone.

no, it is not running activetrack using your phone's hardware...  litchi only just started experimenting using it and it requires very powerful hardware to do.  

2019-8-14
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good point - possibly on the next drone but if the M2P can have that upgrade over FW then great news!

to start with not even sure what active track 3.0 offers over 2.0 yet so hard to estimate requirements for full 3,0.  osmos are obviously not true active track system they dont need to avoid obstacles they just need to predict movement, be smooth and maintain lock on subject..

secondly...  yes it is possible DJI could update activetrack in the mavic 2 series to improve it further and make it more preemptive  moving around things before last second and smoother with its movements instead of suddenly moving at last second of detection, and smarter with identifying things and predicting further out.. all needs to happen is DJI just needs to do more training and then dispatch those trained updates to us..  

finally will DJI do anything:  recent history says its unlikely...  sure maybe minor improvements, maybe a few gimmicky features get added. but overall unlikely DJI will training their activetrack algorithm to make it smarter and better and also unlikely upgrading software suite from 2.0 to 2.5 or 3.0 on these existing drones while there is zero competition... dji will do the bare minimum they can get away with unless they are pressured.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-14 07:01
to start with not even sure what active track 3.0 offers over 2.0 yet so hard to estimate requirements for full 3,0.  osmos are obviously not true active track system they dont need to avoid obstacles they just need to predict movement, be smooth and maintain lock on subject..

secondly...  yes it is possible DJI could update activetrack in the mavic 2 series to improve it further and make it more preemptive  moving around things before last second and smoother with its movements instead of suddenly moving at last second of detection, and smarter with identifying things and predicting further out.. all needs to happen is DJI just needs to do more training and then dispatch those trained updates to us..  

Yeah, like I said - possibly the next drone! They'll use that as a USP to market the next gen as and when that it seen. Probably next year. You know how it works mate.  
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

A J Posted at 8-14 06:27
People can only ask/recommend/hope/speculate lol We'll only know when/if ever released.

I certainly hope they do
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-14 22:21
I certainly hope they do

Same here mate
2019-8-14
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

well ... if nobody asked they will do nothing .... its a try guys ;) LETS TRY ^^
2019-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

trica de Posted at 8-14 23:08
well ... if nobody asked they will do nothing .... its a try guys ;) LETS TRY ^^

We've been asking for features like course lock to be brought back since MP2 launched and although i think it was promised in a firmware update it still hasn't arrived,  nor a fix for waypoints 2.
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Steffen. Thank you for the information you have shared. I will forward these thread to our DJI designated department for further development of DJI. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests and information will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree that would be grrreeeaaat news!
2019-8-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-17 12:13
I agree that would be grrreeeaaat news!

Fingers crossed!
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-17 12:47
Fingers crossed!

I don't see why not if it makes the drone fly better and safer if DJI is holding that back only for future drones than that is a disservice to us as owners and users some being BETA testers and I consider myself flying in an environment with ideal conditions, a desert where it's sunny every day and the average yearly temperature is in the high 70s to low 80s. More than 300 days of sunshine and hardly any rain or moisture to disrupt the drone, so I consider my flight record a blueprint of what DJI drones can do in ideal conditions, every other flyer in  a less ideal condition I think those numbers are ultimately skewed downward, not to be a numbers snob but I test the drones and push them to their limits and I can do that in this environment.

I flew my Mavic Pro 7,000,000 feet in less 6 six months because the weather always permitted taking the Mavic Pro up and taking it flying. Most days I just say to myself if I would be living back east in New York, even if I had sunny days, the wind would  preclude me from flying many days only because I could picture taking the drone out one distance and not being able to bring it back home safely. Where I fly there's never really any wind to worry about, the drone flies at the same speeds in any direction I fly, so you don't have to worry about headwind or any embedded elements, it's the desert here everything is quiet and dry, the drones I've had since January 2018 look in the same condition as if they were new after all their flying only because the air is that dry and clean up there in the desert, back east I could imagine the moisture on some days being right on the Atlantic, the drone would come down and eventually after a few years even if you flew it cautiously there would be warping along the body because of the moisture in the air. I thought about it for a long time now how it would be to fly in other regions of the country, and I concluded that I certainly wouldn't be flying as much or as far and therefore I'd imagine not many flyers have the same opportunity to fly their drones in ideal conditions where if there's a problem in my case, it's either the drone has flown a ton of miles and eventually one flight reached its useful life and should be retired, or it's user error early in the drone's life one flight you made a stupid mistake and crashed. I test all my drones and have accumulated a ton of miles on them (look at my distance travelled), all of my drones have never had the later happen to them, so I kind of know what I'm doing - but that's not to say I couldn't benefit from Active Track 3.0....
2019-8-17
Use props
雲玄霄
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Mavic 2 come with Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, it will be more powerful if it gets the active track 3.0 update. I hope DJI don't let us down
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules