When to change the propellers
4846 5 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adi Hertila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297185 ft
Romania

Hello, I've got my DJI Spark drone a few weeks ago. I was wondering when to change the propellers because I've read on the internet that it's ok to change them at 130km? Thank you.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly, there is no warranty on just the props at all. As best practice you should inspect the props before every flight and replace them if there are any indentations, splits, cracks, deep scratches etc or if they feel loose when attached to the corresponding motor. On the basis that you have not crashed the drone and the props appear fine they are good to be used. I have read that DJI state the props should be replaced every 200 flights but that is a general rule. Some commercial pilots replace props after several flights whilst others will fly their drones for a couple of years without replacing them. It's your call. There is no definitive number of flights or flight hours but 200 without crashing/damaging them seems a good figure to work with.
2019-8-14
Use props
Adi Hertila
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297185 ft
Romania

Alright, thanks.
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If the propeller is scratched, bent, or damaged, replace it immediately. It is recommended to replace them at least once every three months. Hope that this would clarify your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-14
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

If you detach your propellers, stretch them out and hold it horizontally in your fingers, the blades should still be horizontal. Check by holding both blades.
Checking the props for damage every now and then is obvious..
I changed after 200 flights in 18 months.
2019-8-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now