Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket + Rain?
1028 9 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1135046 ft
United States

Hello,

How well does the Osmo Pocket handle a little bit of rain/drizzle conditions? Will it remain functional after?
2019-8-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

I wouldn't chance it personally.
The SD card slot is open, there are gaps where the gimbal motors rotate and no mention of any weather sealing as well as a warning not to get it wet in the manual. It may survive initially but water and Li-po batteries do not mix well and any internal moisture ingress will not be good for internal components. PC boards, in particular, are prone to delaminating in the presence of moisture unless they are glass fiber.
Maybe try an umbrella.  
2019-8-14
Use props
saitron
lvl.4
Mexico

Osmo Pocket can handle a little bit of water.
2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We would recommend using your Osmo Pocket in the recommended environment. Water or any liquid might damage the unit especially if the internal components would be involved. You may refer to our safety and guidelines for the Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

2019-8-14
Use props
LouisP
First Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Yes and no..  Last weekend I tried shooting a timelapse of a storm by setting the pocket on a covered balcony.. a little rain was blowing onto the osmo and I thought it was no big deal... and it wouldn't have been for just the osmo.. but I had the wifi adapter on it.  Drops hit the osmo and ran down into the wifi adapter and shorted out the usb connector...  I was lucky.. blowing the water out fixed it... but be ware... the wifi adapter is a water trap.
2019-8-14
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
United States

So Clearly DJI states not to expose it to water, but accidental exposure like light rain was what I was going after.. But looking through everyones experience I can see its better not to risk it.. Thanks everyone
2019-8-14
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Don't try this at home!

2019-8-14
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-14 19:25
Don't try this at home!

https://youtu.be/qXmP0A11O6Q

Nice Youtube Video
2019-8-15
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 31303589 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 8-14 19:25
Don't try this at home!

https://youtu.be/qXmP0A11O6Q

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-15
Use props
Wiz33
First Officer
United States

I've used it in light rain for a few minutes at a time plenty of times with no problem. Just wipe it dry after.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules