Are shorter intervals (1 second) no longer an issue ??
618 14 2019-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Many months have passed, several FW updates for the Pocket have been made, but the intervals have not been extended.

The support should make a position to do so.Anyway,
I decided to use my YI4k Plus for Time Lapse. Time lapse with intervals of 0.5 or even 1 fps and video in 4k.

I would like to show an example here.
I still love the Osmo Pocket, especially when traveling.

2019-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this awesome timelapse footage of yours. In regards to the interval, we will forward this concern to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Cheers!
2019-8-15
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

They have been too busy developing new features, for new products, to worry about older product. Maybe they will feature it with the new, exciting, Pocket 2 or Pocket 3.
2019-8-15
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Curt1591 Posted at 8-15 14:15
They have been too busy developing new features, for new products, to worry about older product. Maybe they will feature it with the new, exciting, Pocket 2 or Pocket 3.

It is already in Osmo Action, so you are right
2019-8-15
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Great time lapse. How about some details of how you set it up, settings used and any power issues?
2019-8-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant footage
2019-8-15
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 8-15 23:16
Great time lapse. How about some details of how you set it up, settings used and any power issues?

4K, interval1 sec, automatic,
YI4K Plus capture a video clip 4k 30fps  
analog clock in Edius with Vistitle
It is the exact record time
2019-8-16
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 8-16 09:55
4K, interval1 sec, automatic,
YI4K Plus capture a video clip 4k 30fps  
analog clock in Edius with Vistitle

Thanks.
I’ll give this a try later in the year when we’re on a boat.
2019-8-16
Use props
winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 4059806 ft
Poland

Great footage.
2019-8-16
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

another question... why not use the OP for this?
Thanks
2019-8-17
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7 Posted at 8-17 00:15
another question... why not use the OP for this?
Thanks

- The camera was mounted unobserved for many hours - Since the Osmo Pocket is very much in demand, the risk of losing me would be too high. Because the camera I had partially mounted at night.
- The YI4k Plus automatically creates timelapse clips with 1 second interval in 4k.
- The Pocket only creates timelapse clips in HD with 2 second intervals. Or you create in the video program the timelapse clips in 4k, but then only with Interval 3 seconds, 2 seconds and 1 second is not possible for the Pocket.
- In addition, an Actioncam is better suited for these applications, as well as more robust.
- In the waterproof case, the camera would remain attached even in the rain.

For most timelapse recordings I use only the YI4k Plus,
Further advantages are the larger wide-angle and intervals of 0.5 - 1 - 2 ... seconds, but above all the self-storage as a timelapse clip.

Now we wait more than half a year for a statement from the DJI support,
if it is possible to realize shorter interval times for the Osmo Pocket. Next it should be possible to save timelapse clips in 4k.
How many months do we have to wait? Is something normal at DJI.

DJI Gamora
"In regards to the interval, we want to forward this concern to our designated department for attention." - But we never get an answer.

2019-8-17
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

I would like to point out to the displayed Analog Clock that it is indeed the exact time.
The idea came to me as it is difficult to estimate the time with long timelapse recordings of hours, days, or longer.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-17
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 8-17 01:34
- The camera was mounted unobserved for many hours - Since the Osmo Pocket is very much in demand, the risk of losing me would be too high. Because the camera I had partially mounted at night.
- The YI4k Plus automatically creates timelapse clips with 1 second interval in 4k.
- The Pocket only creates timelapse clips in HD with 2 second intervals. Or you create in the video program the timelapse clips in 4k, but then only with Interval 3 seconds, 2 seconds and 1 second is not possible for the Pocket.

Thank!  But the questions keep coming!  How did you keep the Yi4k powered if you had it there for hours??
2019-8-17
Use props
Udo13
Second Officer
Germany

I always had connected to a powerbank
2019-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules