Gimbal motor overloaded. Bad product + bad recovery
1580 3 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xtc_exist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29997 ft
Singapore

Purchase a brand new Mavic Air late Oct 2018, used it for only 1 trip and kept in storage since. Total flight time is only 2hr28mins.
Plan to use it again for another trip this Aug 2019 (Vacation! Yay~)
Updated all the firmware when prompt.  BOOM! Gimbal motor overloaded error!

No crash, no damage, no hard landing, perfect condition, almost new.

Phew, no worries right, all new drone came with 1 year warranty, I should be well taken care of? It's ok when thing goes wrong, so long as we are taken care of.

Contacted DJI and expects to go throught all the headache and hassle of RMA, shipping, waiting, not able to use it on my upcoming trip etc.
DJI add something to the list. Right the Mavic air is under 12months warranty but the gimbal is only 6 months, thus it will be a paid repair service.

Obviously I'm not impressed. Paid over a thousand dollars for the drone 9months ago, used it for 1 trip for 2hr28mins of flight time and now i need to pay for repair for something that is not fault of my own?? The drone is only 9+ months old and is very lightly used.

DJI customer support gave me a case number CAS-3415452-X8M6X7 and i was told one of the staff from higher department will follow up with me.
The customer support stop replying and i'm still waiting to be contacted. Let's see how this turn out.

*Dont get me wrong, I love DJI products (when it works) When I see the new Ronin SC, i want one,  I see the new Osmo 3, i want one. but when i run into problem with the product and i also run into poor support, why would i still throw money in for DJI products?

2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi xtc_exist, we apologize to hear the warranty service was not provided under your case. Upon checking the email record, the drone was sent to the recommended service center in Singapore for diagnosis, but even the drone was sent to the official repair center, I'm afraid the warranty will not be provided either because the gimbal has been over six months.
Our support has escalated your concern to the higher-level team for a better follow-up, please wait patiently for further communication, thank you.
2019-8-15
Use props
xtc_exist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29997 ft
Singapore

Fact is I purchased it on 21 Oct 2018 and last flight was on 27 Oct 2018. The next time I power the drone on was on 4 Aug 2019 and update the firmware and that is when i saw the Gimbal motor overloaded. It is all on your server, you all can see the flight log, flight time, flight path, flight control and everything.  Why not review it and ask yourself is this what DJI gives to customer?
2019-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

xtc_exist Posted at 8-15 02:53
Fact is I purchased it on 21 Oct 2018 and last flight was on 27 Oct 2018. The next time I power the drone on was on 4 Aug 2019 and update the firmware and that is when i saw the Gimbal motor overloaded. It is all on your server, you all can see the flight log, flight time, flight path, flight control and everything.  Why not review it and ask yourself is this what DJI gives to customer?

We understand your concern, but the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered no matter how many times the device was used. Your case is following up by the appropriate team to see if there is any better suggestion, we will have someone to contact you soon, please note the email, thank you.
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules