Gamepad Controller considered a "Dangerous Item" by Customs
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Hello all,

I recently received the following message from a Chinese retailer from which I had bought a DJI Gamepad Controller for the RoboMaster S1.

Dear customer,
Good day!
Today, we received a phone call from the shipping company and get a reply.
we are sorry that the parcel was destroyed by the Custom,
because this DJI RoboMaster Gamepad is regards as "dangerous product" ,customs had been destroyed this item.
We are also really not sure why this normal Gamepad is regards as "dangerous product".
We are still communicating with Custom to solve this issue.
But now, we need to full refund money to you .we are so sorry for all inconvenience caused.
Your understanding and support will be more appreciate.
Please be informed that your payment will back to your amazon account within 3-7 days.
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you!
Best Regards!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am not sure I want to order the Gamepad Controller from any retailer outside Canada again and have it destroyed once more. DJI does not ship to Canada yest for the RoboMaster S1 or any parts.

2019-8-15
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

That is weird. I bought 2 gamepads and got both a couple of weeks ago. They were stopped by customs in the US but wee eventually released.
2019-8-15
Use props
Malibu Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

That's crazy that Customs flagged it as a dangerous product and destroyed it.  They must have thought it was an explosive device so they needed to detonate it in an isolated environment.  DJI or the shipper should put a clear label on the outside of the box or change the way they package the gamepad.
2019-8-19
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Malibu Aerial Posted at 8-19 19:10
That's crazy that Customs flagged it as a dangerous product and destroyed it.  They must have thought it was an explosive device so they needed to detonate it in an isolated environment.  DJI or the shipper should put a clear label on the outside of the box or change the way they package the gamepad.

I completely agree with you. There likely was something ambiguous about the import documents that accompanied the Gamepad Controller.
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules