Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE
42075 472 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Read through the last half dozen pages of this thread. If none of the suggestions work, start a new thread with more details - did it ever work; if so, when did it stop working; have you tried a lightning to USB-C cable; and so on...
2020-11-25
Use props
Артём Петров
New

Russia

Does anyone have a Mindy fix?  It is not interesting to use the camera with an extended cable
2020-11-25
Use props
Артём Петров
New

Russia

Curt1591 Posted at 11-25 14:07
Read through the last half dozen pages of this thread. If none of the suggestions work, start a new thread with more details - did it ever work; if so, when did it stop working; have you tried a lightning to USB-C cable; and so on...

it never worked, i bought the camera just now.  when connected, there is a user agreement and then mimo cannot find the camera.
2020-11-25
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Your problem isn't covered by the "Mindy fix". That was a problem with a specific firmware update that took place a year ago. Because of this, many members have given up on this thread and give it a pass.
As I  suggested in my previous post, try starting a new thread (see How to Post ) explaining your problem with activation.
2020-11-25
Use props
djiuser_YXIVOYw1zMPD
New

Philippines

My iPhone pro max and osmo pocket seemed to be not in synced now. When I attached my pocket to my iPhone, it says. “ connect to DJI device first” Why ? How to fix them?
2020-11-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Might I suggest you read this How to Start a New Thread, then start a new topic with your situation. As I stated previously, many have given this stale thread a pass. Maybe a new topic might bring some new ideas.
2020-11-28
Use props
djiuser_Z0VEJD0WYoJP
New
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-29 00:11
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we have forwarded your feedback to our engineers for attention, please wait patiently, we will keep you updated soon. Thank you.

Hi I cannot connect my dji pocket 2 with the dji mimo app and cannot identify the dji device on my iphone. I am using iphone 11 pro max and ios 14.2. the strange thing is that on my ipad it works. Can you help me please?
2020-11-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

What iOS is running on your iPad?

I have an old iPhone 6, so I'm not familiar with the nuances of iOS 13 or 14. But, I have noticed that, since I went to Catalina on my iMac, every time I connect any device to my computer, "permission" is required. Are there any settings on your iPhone for such permissions?

2020-11-28
Use props
JpCopper
New

United States

This is ridiculous WHY are we not posting the problem? I have been facing this issue FOREVER.

iPhone 8+ Fully updated - Clean connections, no issue with anything else
Osmo Pocket connects via wifi without a problem
USB C vibrates when connecting to iPhone, doesnt open app, do that manually
deleted and downloaded Mimo multiple times
Tried this on my Fiances iphone 8 - SAME ISSUE
WILL NOT connect with the adapter I BOUGHT THREE OF THEM just in case...

What in the absolute F$@K are we doing here?  Such a waste of time I'm now buying ANOTHER cable - where do I send my receipts?
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_O7Ekx3AwzJks
New

India

Anybody else having issues getting their OP to connect to their iPhone? This worked perfectly 2 days ago but now I can’t get the camera to connect to the app via the lightning adaptor. For reference I’m running an iPhone XS with the latest version
2020-12-18
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

djiuser_O7Ekx3AwzJks Posted at 12-18 04:31
Anybody else having issues getting their OP to connect to their iPhone? This worked perfectly 2 days ago but now I can’t get the camera to connect to the app via the lightning adaptor. For reference I’m running an iPhone XS with the latest version

No problem via adapter with OP and iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14.3.
2020-12-18
Use props
JpCopper
New

United States

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!  iPhone not recognizing your Osmo Pocket, but vibrates once when using lightning adapter or using a USB C to Lightning cable?  BOOM, here's what I did since the V 1.XXXXX.2 Update f%@ked everyone's Osmo Pocket up.

Required is an older phone, haven't tried with an older ipad or anything but here we go - I used my old iPhone 6, downloaded the DJI Mimo app, then used (either) adapter and BAM, right away it connected, I updated the firmware to V1.000.300 or whatever, unplugged it, and it worked instantly back on my iPhone 8+.

I hope this helps everyone who was going insane - Keep in mind I tried using a different iPhone 8+ and the same procedure and it did not work.  Whatever the bug is, you need to use an older phone.  Good luck everyone.  Took me forever to figure this out.
2020-12-18
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

Hello ... I have a problem connecting my pocket 2 with my iPhone X with iOS 14.3 version and with the DJI mimo app, with my wife's iPhone iPhone 8 with iOS 14.2 I have no problems ... you know of a solution
2020-12-27
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Santicyan Posted at 12-27 15:47
Hello ... I have a problem connecting my pocket 2 with my iPhone X with iOS 14.3 version and with the DJI mimo app, with my wife's iPhone iPhone 8 with iOS 14.2 I have no problems ... you know of a solution

By wireless, adapter, cable or all three? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the MIMO app? It's working on 14.3 on my 12 Pro Max.
2020-12-28
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

DaveSp Posted at 12-28 06:59
By wireless, adapter, cable or all three? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the MIMO app? It's working on 14.3 on my 12 Pro Max.

So far I have only checked with the lightning connector and today I have tried with an iPhone 12 with iOS 14.3 and it has not worked with lightning either
2020-12-28
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Santicyan Posted at 12-28 14:07
So far I have only checked with the lightning connector and today I have tried with an iPhone 12 with iOS 14.3 and it has not worked with lightning either

Two different phones then. You could also try a factory reset of the Pocket itself. And try with a cable (or wireless) if you have one - eliminate the adapter and adapter connection on the Pocket as the problem.
Edit: I did try my Pocket with my adapter, a cable, and the wireless module on my 12 Pro Max with 14.3 so it sounds like the problem is on the Pocket side. About the only thing you can do is the factory reset of the Pocket. Did it work fine with 14.2? Is the firmware up to date?
2020-12-28
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

DaveSp Posted at 12-28 14:13
Two different phones then. You could also try a factory reset of the Pocket itself. And try with a cable (or wireless) if you have one - eliminate the adapter and adapter connection on the Pocket as the problem.
Edit: I did try my Pocket with my adapter, a cable, and the wireless module on my 12 Pro Max with 14.3 so it sounds like the problem is on the Pocket side. About the only thing you can do is the factory reset of the Pocket. Did it work fine with 14.2? Is the firmware up to date?

I currently do not have the wireless module, I have reset the pocket and in the English version I have pressed the PRO option and suddenly it has worked !!! ... I have disconnected and connected again and it still does not work the joy lasted a short time
2020-12-28
Use props
fans4c4e7319
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys is there a solution to this problem? My iPhone 11 or my siblings iPhone XS Max will not connect to the OP. I confirm the firmware installed is 01.08.00.20. Please help. My OP has hardly been used and it’s just sitting there now T__T
2020-12-31
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

fans4c4e7319 Posted at 12-31 04:24
Hi guys is there a solution to this problem? My iPhone 11 or my siblings iPhone XS Max will not connect to the OP. I confirm the firmware installed is 01.08.00.20. Please help. My OP has hardly been used and it’s just sitting there now T__T

Mine connects to my iPhone 12 Pro Max. iOS 14.3, no problem with adapter, cable, or wireless. But my OP firmware is 01.10.00.30.
2020-12-31
Use props
Jozef Hrubovčaacutek
New

Slovakia

Hi, same problem, iPhone xr. Not connected just charging please help.
2021-1-1
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

I have managed to test it with iphone 11,12, X, 8 with ios 14.3 and ios 14.2 and it is impossible to link with the app, in intermittent moments it seems that it charges the battery and I have only managed to link it with iphone 8 with version 14.2 and at certain times it does not  forever.  I need help
2021-1-1
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

solved, after trying several versions of iOS and several iPhone in which some of them from time to time has appeared image I came to the conclusion to test a usb c / lighting cable connected to the bottom of the camera and it has worked perfectly,  which shows that the lighting connector included in the pack does not work correctly ... it is possible to send me a replacement for the part
2021-1-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

You can purchase another adaptor, either through DJI or a third party replacement.
Do you, by chance, use a case on your phones?
2021-1-11
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

Curt1591 Posted at 1-11 15:04
You can purchase another adaptor, either through DJI or a third party replacement.
Do you, by chance, use a case on your phones?

yes, but even removing it doesn't work
2021-1-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Santicyan Posted at 1-12 01:45
yes, but even removing it doesn't work

Then, I'd give a new adaptor a shot. Is there a shop or a friend that can let you try theirs?
2021-1-12
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

Well in the end it seems that everything has been a false alarm there was no problem with the iOS versions nor were there problems with the type of iPhone phone that was being used, all the problem came from the lighting connector that they sell along with the DJI combo that is  connecting directly to the iPhone did not work in fact I have asked DJI again for a new connector and everything has worked perfectly
2021-1-19
Use props
Bruce Heavin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144216 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have this problem. I thought after days of trying to figure it out that the Pocket 2 was broken. I purchased a 2nd Pocket 2 and after it updated to the new update, it no-longer connects to the Mimo app either connected or wirelessly. HELP!!! The product ceases to function for me.
2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_aTE5cYRiG0Ct
New

United States

I need the fix aswell please
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_FQfnIFPVTHt3
New

Indonesia

djiuser_yMUCmDZuoBvu Posted at 2019-8-15 21:48
I’m having the same issues with my iPhone X I’m starting to wonder if it’s even worth keeping the osmo pocket. Totally disappointed with this

Has this been resolved? I can’t connect my OP to iPhone 12 now. Can connect via wireless but not with the adapter.  
2021-2-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_FQfnIFPVTHt3 Posted at 2-21 20:18
Has this been resolved? I can’t connect my OP to iPhone 12 now. Can connect via wireless but not with the adapter.

Maybe an adaptor issue ...?
2021-2-22
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_FQfnIFPVTHt3 Posted at 2-21 20:18

Are you using any kind of case with it? I found that even with a lot of seemingly thin cases and what felt like a good connection that the adapter on my 12 Pro Max was not getting fully seated on the phone, enough that the  Pocket would not connect.
2021-2-22
Use props
SBCarneezy805
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-29 04:56
Please check my PM, thank you.

Why not just post the fix on the forum instead of PMing?
2021-2-23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

SBCarneezy805 Posted at 2-23 18:49
Why not just post the fix on the forum instead of PMing?

At this point in time, "The Fix" is irrelevant. The problem that "The Fix" fixed is long gone. "The Fix" overcame a bad firmware update. It wasn't magic.

People would be better off if this thread was deleted. As it is, people read "unable to connect" and assume their situation is the same as what happened a year and a half back. Therefore, they give no information that might help someone help them.

It's like going to a doctor and the only information you give is "I'm sick"!
2021-2-23
Use props
mikerwatson
New
Flight distance : 3484 ft
United States

How do you PM her?
2021-2-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I doubt she can help with her patented "fix".
Screen-Shot-2021-02-25-at-04.32.04.jpg
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_ENFS7TY2ln6a
New

Singapore

I tried to reset OP and resarted my iphon XS but still wont connect...I am looking for answers here but got nothing
2021-3-14
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_ENFS7TY2ln6a Posted at 3-14 06:35
I tried to reset OP and resarted my iphon XS but still wont connect...I am looking for answers here but got nothing

From the post at the top of this page, ...

2021-3-14
Use props
anthony nasko
New
  • >>>
United States

I cannot connect wirelessly my OSMO Pocket2 to my I-phone 12. Please advise
2021-5-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

We can assume you have the wireless adaptor?
2021-5-7
Use props
fans4c4e7319
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’m guessing it’s an adapter issue. My sister spoke with one of DJI’s customer support people and they advised to get a new adapter.

However what boggles my mind is there is no physical damage to my connector that would anyway inhibit it’s function. Super weird.... I still need to get the connector. Anyone tried a new connector and has it solved the issue?
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules