Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE
41883 472 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4c4e7319
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 5-7 13:54
We can assume you have the wireless adaptor?

I have the attachment adapter to connect to the iPhone via lightning port
2021-6-7
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fans4c4e7319 Posted at 6-7 10:11
I have the attachment adapter to connect to the iPhone via lightning port

Different cords and different "adapters" often have different functions. Some function differently on different devices.

What is this adapter's function? Is it an extension, or plug converter?

As far as non-functional cords and adapters go, I have had many that I have had to finally toss in the trash.
Try to test any adapter, hands-on, before you buy the next one.
2021-6-7
Use props
fans4c4e7319
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Curt, after the software update the adapater didn’t work. Iv tried a new one and the issue is still recurring. I’m assuming it’s a software issue now since it’s not hardware
2021-6-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Maybe delete and re-install Mimo ...
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_hrWl2GOmNMz0
New
Flight distance : 10358 ft
Germany

Just bought DJI pocket two and to my disappointment, My pocket two won’t connect to my iPhone 8 Plus and it seems this is a common problem, please help
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_hrWl2GOmNMz0
New
Flight distance : 10358 ft
Germany

My DJI pocket two I just bought won’t connect to my iPhone, it’s frustrating and i’m disappointed, I just purchased the Device. Please help.
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_wymwtwVxCuGy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy are you able to help me with the OP not connecting to my iPhone?
2021-7-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Mindy may have left the building ...

More info?
Original Pocket?

iPhone series?

Did it ever connect?

Will it connect with cable?

iPhone have a case?

2021-7-12
Use props
fans88fec0ef
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-2 03:54
You are welcome and glad to hear that, have a good day.

2021-7-15
Use props
fans88fec0ef
lvl.1

Turkey

djiuser_Yz83NoBtynoF Posted at 2019-11-28 15:18
Same problem - please help. Osmo Pocket is charging iPhone, not connecting in Mimo.

I have the same problem since this morning. My Osmo Pocket doesnt connect to iphone.
2021-7-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fans88fec0ef Posted at 7-16 02:49
I have the same problem since this morning. My Osmo Pocket doesnt connect to iphone.

Unlike the "problem" that that inspired this thread, Mindy doesn't have a magic bullet.

What has changed?

iPhone update? Mimo update?
Have you added apps or otherwise fiddled with your phone?

How are you trying to connect? Have you tried other means of connecting?

Really need some background ...

2021-7-16
Use props
fans88fec0ef
lvl.1

Turkey

Curt1591 Posted at 7-16 03:16
Unlike the "problem" that that inspired this thread, Mindy doesn't have a magic bullet.

What has changed?

I had no update or any app addet to the iPhone. Yesterday was working fine and today suddenly it didn't work anymore.
2021-7-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fans88fec0ef Posted at 7-16 10:59
I had no update or any app addet to the iPhone. Yesterday was working fine and today suddenly it didn't work anymore.

Something may be corrupted.

Mimo was updated quite recently, Have you updated that?

If that doesn't help, delete Mimo and re-install it.

Also, if it's been a while, shut down and restart your phone.

How are you attempting connection - included adapter, wireless, cable, ...?
2021-7-16
Use props
fans88fec0ef
lvl.1

Turkey

Curt1591 Posted at 7-16 14:27
Something may be corrupted.

Mimo was updated quite recently, Have you updated that?

Im using mimo sice the 2. July. Dont know about the update. I've just reinstalled mimo and the problem didnt solve. I restarted, switched off and on and also hard reseted my phone. Im connecting with the osmo includet adapter.
2021-7-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

fans88fec0ef Posted at 7-17 01:14
Im using mimo sice the 2. July. Dont know about the update. I've just reinstalled mimo and the problem didnt solve. I restarted, switched off and on and also hard reseted my phone. Im connecting with the osmo includet adapter.

The Mimo update was about a week ago. Check the app store.

Do you have a case? If so, remove it and try.

If purchased at a shop, maybe head there and try a different adapter.

If you have a friend with a Pocket, try their adapter and/or let them try connecting to your Pocket.

2021-7-17
Use props
djiuser_qj7wdJt3hxKa
New
United States

Pocket 1 won't connect to Android or iPhone 8 via Mimo
2021-7-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_qj7wdJt3hxKa Posted at 7-24 06:49
Pocket 1 won't connect to Android or iPhone 8 via Mimo

Need a bit more info.
2021-7-24
Use props
Marnie
lvl.1

France

Ho Mindy,
Same problem for me... I have an Osmo pocket which doesn’t work with my iphone...
Could you help me please ?
Thank you !
2021-7-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

When you visit a mechanic, do you say "My car is broken; please fix it." and then leave?

Try a few of the dozens of fixes mentioned in the preceding replies.

It could be your phone's settings.

It could be a bad adapter.

Do you have a case?

Try with a different phone.
2021-7-26
Use props
SM052000
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fans7974fe30 Posted at 2019-11-28 18:36
I have the same issue with the pocket not connecting to the Iphone X. The pocket is brand new out of the box. It worked when activating and first using the Mimo app before the firmware update, very frustrating! I have tried the lighting connector and a USB C to lightning cable, both charge the phone and will not connect to the Mimo app. When was this firmware released? Did anyone have this issue before 1.10.00.20?

did u manage to fix it?
2021-8-8
Use props
SM052000
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 6-7 14:12
Different cords and different "adapters" often have different functions. Some function differently on different devices.

What is this adapter's function? Is it an extension, or plug converter?

its the one thats on the dji store which fits into the iphone lightning port. still no fix.

kind of annoying tbh, one firmware just messed everything up.
I tried reinstalling the app again, didnt work. it just says unable to find Device make sure the device is on and near the phone.
2021-8-8
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

SM052000 Posted at 8-8 14:07
its the one thats on the dji store which fits into the iphone lightning port. still no fix.

kind of annoying tbh, one firmware just messed everything up.

I don't see any cords on the DJI store:

https://store.dji.com/category/pocket-2?from=shop
2021-8-9
Use props
SM052000
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It’s the Osmo pocket smart phone adapter for iPhone. Also they said I need to send the device to be repaired because removing the bug didn't work. I literally don't know how the pocket can crash after the update. It hasn't been dropped and no physical damage either on it
2021-8-9
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Make sure the contacts are clean.

If you have a friend with an iPhone and/or Pocket, try swapping devices and adapters. Isolate the problem.

If there is a shop nearby that sells the pocket, try their adapter.

2021-8-9
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

S Clark Posted at 2019-12-2 01:04
Thank you.

How do I get the secret answers? And why is this such a secret? Can’t someone just post the resolution here? This is ridiculous how many people are having this problem.
2021-9-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Lewy Pierson Posted at 9-10 17:58
How do I get the secret answers? And why is this such a secret? Can’t someone just post the resolution here? This is ridiculous how many people are having this problem.

There is no "secret answers". The issue addressed with DJI Mindy's PM has long since been fixed with the follow-up firmware updates. Unless you updated your Pocket two years ago and put it away, never using it since, the "secret answer" is not your magic bullet.

I know trying to read through all the 400+ posts is a daunting task. But, somewhere within is probably the fix to your issue. I have tried to get DJI to delete this thread. Then, maybe people with connection issues would offer some more information than "it's broken"!
There are many means to connect your devices - phone adapter, cable, wireless. How many have you tried and do any work?

2021-9-10
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-10 19:10
There is no "secret answers". The issue addressed with DJI Mindy's PM has long since been fixed with the follow-up firmware updates. Unless you updated your Pocket two years ago and put it away, never using it since, the "secret answer" is not your magic bullet.

I know trying to read through all the 400+ posts is a daunting task. But, somewhere within is probably the fix to your issue. I have tried to get DJI to delete this thread. Then, maybe people with connection issues would offer some more information than "it's broken"!

If definitely hasn’t been two years for me.. I have a brand new pocket 2 that will not activate. It sees the camera when trying to connect wirelessly but you can’t activate that way. When using my lightning adapter the phone does not detect the camera at all. I see a lot more people saying they have this issue but see no answers. I only see people saying they sent theirs back
2021-9-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Before we go to possible solutions, let's check off the obvious.
Does your phone have a case?

2021-9-11
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-11 02:38

I definitely took it out of the case to make sure the plug connected all of the way Lol
2021-9-11
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-11 02:38

I downloaded the app, plugged in the lightning adapter to the pocket 2, connect it to my phone, case free, and it doesn’t automatically recognize or open the app. I try it with the app open and hit the device button and search and it doesn’t find the camera. I can attach the do it all adapter and the app will see the pocket2 immediately, but when app displays the code to verify on the pocket 2 screen, the pocket 2 won’t display the code, it’s stuck on not activated. I guess I skipped through my 5 uses trying to get activated. Very frustrating
2021-9-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Lewy Pierson Posted at 9-11 08:57
I downloaded the app, plugged in the lightning adapter to the pocket 2, connect it to my phone, case free, and it doesn’t automatically recognize or open the app. I try it with the app open and hit the device button and search and it doesn’t find the camera. I can attach the do it all adapter and the app will see the pocket2 immediately, but when app displays the code to verify on the pocket 2 screen, the pocket 2 won’t display the code, it’s stuck on not activated. I guess I skipped through my 5 uses trying to get activated. Very frustrating

Have you contacted DJI support?
2021-9-11
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-11 14:25
Have you contacted DJI support?

It’s the weekend. They are not open. I’ve read enough people in forums saying DJI has no fix. They just suggest replacements
2021-9-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Try a different phone
2021-9-11
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-11 22:02
Try a different phone

Everyone in my house has an iPhone. I guess I just have to send it back
2021-9-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Another thing you can check: Is your wifi 5G?

We have found that just about every Chinese electronic device we set up requires 2.4G. Fortunately, our router can be accessed on either frequency.

2021-9-12
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-12 16:47

We have found that just about every Chinese electronic device we set up requires 2.4G. Fortunately, our router can be accessed on either frequency.

I’m on a 2.4 network.. but that shouldn’t matter for activation. It’s about a direct connection to the lightning dock. It will charge the phone, yet not communicate with the app. This is why everyone with this issue says it’s bad software
2021-9-12
Use props
Lewy Pierson
lvl.1

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 9-12 16:47

I’m on a 2.4 network.. but that shouldn’t matter for activation. It’s about a direct connection to the lightning dock. It will charge the phone, yet not communicate with the app. This is why everyone with this issue says it’s bad software
2021-9-12
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

There you have it!
2021-9-12
Use props
marcuswswift
New

United Kingdom

I am having this problem, please can someone reach out and let me know how to sort this asap. My business is reliant on this tech working.
Thanks.
2021-12-6
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

marcuswswift Posted at 12-6 08:52
I am having this problem, please can someone reach out and let me know how to sort this asap. My business is reliant on this tech working.
Thanks.

You're basically posting "It's broke; help me fix it."  No one can help when the there is no specific information - model iPhone, iOS version, how are you connecting, did it work previously, ... etc.

Read the last few pages of this tread. Come back after you have tried all the possible considerations / fixes mentioned.
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules