New
United States

Same problem. Please PM me DJI Mindy!
2020-3-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

The bad firmware update was 8 months ago. It was removed. How can this now be happening.
2020-3-20
Use props
ulashb
lvl.1

Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 3-19 14:25
From post 273:

Could be the Lightning connector, the contacts on the Pocket, or, ...
Yes u’r right, the problem was caused by the adapter.  The adapter is broken even though it is almost never used. I bought a new one and everything started working normally.
2020-3-24
Use props
Gamei0006
New

United States

Same problem, osmo not found, DJI Mindy, can you help me please?
2020-3-26
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Gamei0006 Posted at 3-26 11:33
Same problem, osmo not found, DJI Mindy, can you help me please?

Try some of the DIY solutions from the last few pages.
2020-3-26
Use props
atari86
New

Canada

Please help, I cannot connect to my android either.  Activated before, now switched to new Android phone, now my pocket no longer works.  Please PM me, any helped is much appreciated.
2020-3-31
Use props
Delphine Baecircta
New

France

atari86 Posted at 3-31 20:27
Please help, I cannot connect to my android either.  Activated before, now switched to new Android phone, now my pocket no longer works.  Please PM me, any helped is much appreciated.

Why nobody that solved the problem can’t answer us? Why people are so selfish? I also sent a PM to mindy but I find really strange that there is no public answer to the issue... please answer Mindy, you are online
2020-4-5
Use props
Delphine Baecircta
New

France

atari86 Posted at 3-31 20:27

Why nobody that solved the problem can’t answer us? I also sent a PM to mindy but I find really strange that there is no public answer to the issue... please answer Mindy, you are online
2020-4-5
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Delphine Baecircta Posted at 4-5 04:40
Why nobody that solved the problem can’t answer us? Why people are so selfish? I also sent a PM to mindy but I find really strange that there is no public answer to the issue... please answer Mindy, you are online

I've always been critical of the "secrecy" of " THE FIX "

However, ...

The firmware update that is addressed with Mindy's fix was done over 6 months ago. Unless someone updated way back then, then put their Pocket on a shelf ever since, odds are her "fix" isn't your solution. Your problem is probably something else.

In fact, if one reads the posts, one might realize that this "fix" addresses issues with iPhones - nothing to do with Android devices ....

Can you connect with a cable? Could be your adaptor.

2020-4-5
Use props
Ruwade Bryant
New

New Zealand

I’m having the exact same issue. Can DJI Mindy please enlighten me and everyone else to what the fix is?! Not sure why it’s being held in such secrecy? Surely under the consumers guarantee act we should all have the right to know?

Can I please have the fix ASAP as this issue is becoming extremely frustrating.
2020-5-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Ruwade Bryant Posted at 5-7 17:05
I’m having the exact same issue. Can DJI Mindy please enlighten me and everyone else to what the fix is?! Not sure why it’s being held in such secrecy? Surely under the consumers guarantee act we should all have the right to know?

Can I please have the fix ASAP as this issue is becoming extremely frustrating.

Unless you updated with the faulty firmware release, 9 months ago, then never tried connecting until now, I would guess that your problem isn't that faulty firmware.

When did you purchase your pocket or update its firmware?

Has it connected in the past?  
2020-5-7
Use props
Ruwade Bryant
New

New Zealand

Curt1591 Posted at 5-7 17:58
Unless you updated with the faulty firmware release, 9 months ago, then never tried connecting until now, I would guess that your problem isn't that faulty firmware.

When did you purchase your pocket or update its firmware?

I haven’t updated the osmo since I purchased it, which was in may last year. So I need to update the pockets firmware?
2020-5-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Ruwade Bryant Posted at 5-8 14:32
I haven’t updated the osmo since I purchased it, which was in may last year. So I need to update the pockets firmware?

Couldn't hurt. But, I believe you need to connect to update.

Do you have a lightning to USB-C cable? You might connect with that.
2020-5-8
Use props
TylerD
New

United States

I am on the latest Firmware and am also experiencing this issue. I can get it to work with a USB-C cable, however, this will not be a viable long-term solution for me. @Mindy, please save the day!
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_Ui6VcNjwXx3h
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the same issue and I just now purchased my Osmo Pocket. Mindy, could you please PM me.

Thanks
2020-5-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

@  posts 295 and 295

Possibly the phone adaptor is defective. Try to find a shop, or friend, that has a working adaptor.

Could also be dirty contacts on the Pocket or adaptor.

2020-5-28
Use props
Kuyajay22
lvl.1

United States

I've wiped down the contacts but to no avail. I'm also not able to go to any shops because they are closed due to covid. I picked up this product at Best Buy and the product could have been on their shelves for a while now, so it might not have the current firmware.
2020-5-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Kuyajay22 Posted at 5-28 18:43
I've wiped down the contacts but to no avail. I'm also not able to go to any shops because they are closed due to covid. I picked up this product at Best Buy and the product could have been on their shelves for a while now, so it might not have the current firmware.

The "Mindy Fix" was developed to correct a bad firmware update. I would really doubt that that particular firmware is your problem. I doubt any were shipped with the bad firmware.

You really need to trouble shoot a little.

Was this a brick and mortar Best Buy or mail-order? If a store, they might have a display model that you can borrow an adaptor to try.

In what country are you located? Hopefully, things will re-open soon.
2020-5-28
Use props
Kuyajay22
lvl.1

United States

It was a curbside pick up order, so we have no access into the actual store. I am located the United States.
2020-5-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Good news is that it looks like you guys are getting wise. Should be able to hit a shop soon. Hang in there!

Have you restarted your iPhone lately? That often solves a lot of "Apple" problems. You might also try deleting and re-install the Mimo app.

Personally, I only use my phone with the extension rod. And then only occasionally.

You can have some fun, using the Pocket sans phone, while waiting.

2020-5-28
Use props
Kuyajay22
lvl.1

United States

Yea, I’ve tried restarting my phone and I’ve re-installed the Mimo app multiple times. I’ve also tried using my brother’s phone and it didn’t work either.
2020-5-28
Use props
multitonygmail.com
New

United States

My Osmo pocket is unable to connect to my iPhone 11 through the memo app. Sounds just like all the other messages before mine. Please send a PM so I can clear up this problem. Thanks
2020-5-29
Use props
fanse479d7bb
New

France

I have the exact same problem. I try connecting the osmo pocket to my phone X to activate it but each time i plug the adapter, my phone charges for about 2 secs then stops and nothing happens. The mimo app doesn’t recognise the osmo and therefore i cannot activate it and use it. Please help !!
2020-5-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Maybe they screwed up the Mimo app this time. There have been a couple recent updates.

When did you guys install the app? Maybe the follow up update fixed something.
2020-5-29
Use props
Kuyajay22
lvl.1

United States

Installed the Mimo app two days ago. I fixed the problem by using Apple's Lightning to USB-C cable, but it's very unfortunate to not be able to use the smartphone adapter that comes with the product.
2020-5-30
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Kuyajay22 Posted at 5-30 14:59
Installed the Mimo app two days ago. I fixed the problem by using Apple's Lightning to USB-C cable, but it's very unfortunate to not be able to use the smartphone adapter that comes with the product.

At least until you can investigate further, you have found a workaround.
2020-5-30
Use props
snapdrogo
New
Turkey

I had the same problem once. Returning to factory settings from the settings menu in device may solve the problem
2020-5-31
Use props
lfrancos
lvl.1

Brazil

Having the same problem in here, Firmware 1.10.00.30 and my iphone do not recognize the osmo pocket, to test if my conector was broken I have bought a brand new USB-c to lightning and tested using the bottom port, did not work also. I need help on this, it is a brand new equipment that I can`t use.
2020-6-1
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Possibly a defective Pocket. Maybe try with another phone.
Check with your retailer and/or DJI support.

https://www.dji.com/support
2020-6-1
Use props
Tugraveng Chill
New

Vietnam

Same problem here , anyone help ?
2020-6-3
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

At this point in time, I doubt your problem is due to the infamous faulty firmware. Read the last page or 2 and try some of the suggestions.

If you still can't connect, try offering a bit more information

Is it a recent purchase?

Did it connect in the past?

Will it connect to a different phone?

When was the firmware updated?

What model of iPhone are we talking?
2020-6-4
Use props
GeisterSesh
New

United States

DJI Mindy, can I please get the fix? I really need my OP operational. Thank you in advance.
2020-6-18
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

GeisterSesh Posted at 6-18 10:32
DJI Mindy, can I please get the fix? I really need my OP operational. Thank you in advance.

Read through the thread, especially the last couple of pages. Look into some of the ideas given.

Unless you updated you firmware about 10 months ago, and haven't used the Pocket since, odds are Mindy's "fix" isn't going to help.
2020-6-18
Use props
GeisterSesh
New

United States

Thanks, but I have tried all of the other fixes.  It's either this or I have to get a new camera.
2020-6-19
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem
2020-6-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Can these connect to android phones?
2020-6-21
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 6-21 16:18
Can these connect to android phones?

No idea, mine is iPhone X and Im having trouble with it.
2020-6-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Somers Posted at 6-22 06:20
No idea, mine is iPhone X and Im having trouble with it.

You say you have the  "same problem". Does that mean that you have tried all the preceding fixes proposed on the last couple pages? Your reply suggests that you haven't.

Step out of the box ...

If you have a friend with an Android device (everyone does) you might try it on that. If it works on those phones, it could be an iPhone specific problem. If it doesn't work, it's a more general problem, not related to the firmware fiasco.

2020-6-22
Use props
fanse405e6c6
New
Puerto Rico

Hi, did you figure out this proble? Im just having it with my iPhone XR. I would appreciate it if you could help me solve this. Thanks
2020-6-25
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fanse405e6c6 Posted at 6-25 17:09
Hi, did you figure out this proble? Im just having it with my iPhone XR. I would appreciate it if you could help me solve this. Thanks

What have you done to try to troubleshoot the problem you are having?
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules