Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE
41884 472 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arale
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-21 19:58
I have replied to your PM, please check, thanks.

Hi, unfortuntely the firmaware did not help. I downloaded the firmware from the linked dropbox och copied over it to my Micro SD Card and inserted to my Osmo Pocket. The Osmo Pocket did update, I deleted the firmaware afterwards. But it still wont connect to my andriod phone.
2019-12-24
Use props
Griffy_Dinero
New

United States

Britpkb Posted at 12-3 21:36
For everyone having trouble I just got my connection issues to my iPhone X fixed via the very helpful Online Support.

After confirming the issue is with the latest update they will give a link and a password to firmware that's around 100mb. Just put the file on your Osmo's SD card and the next time you turn it on it will update and fix the issue. Took less than 5mins and my Osmo connects fine to my iPhone X again

Where were you able to find online support?
2019-12-24
Use props
WhizKidd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112822 ft
United States

So I found an easier resolution to get the firmware downloaded.  I did reach out to DJI chat support via the support part of the DJI website and was able to get the firmware webpage and password.  As others have said, it only took about 15 minutes.  I am assuming that if I post it here it will get removed (no idea why they just do not post it).  

However, they only had the previous firmware version on the webpage (V01.10.00.21), and I wanted the latest version (V01.10.00.30).  

So I tried bypassing the lightning adapter completely and plugged the Osmo Pocket into my phone using a USB-C to Lightning cable that I had received with my newest iPhone 11.  I was shocked to see that it did connect with the USB-C to lightning cable to my iPhone and I was able to do everything I could do with the lightning connector.  I was even able to update to the latest firmware.  

It DID NOT resolve the fact that my lightning connector does not get recognized by my phone, but I am ok using the wireless adapter, or the USB-C to lightning if needed.  
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_BgNlpIQi6n0j
New

United Kingdom

Any ideas how to get the firmware to update, I have downloaded the file that I got from support and copied it into the memory card, turned it on and it doesn’t do anything other than to still say that it needs to be registered! Can’t believe Dji have ruined my Xmas with a product that clearly isn’t right!
2019-12-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

djiuser_BgNlpIQi6n0j Posted at 12-24 13:41
Any ideas how to get the firmware to update, I have downloaded the file that I got from support and copied it into the memory card, turned it on and it doesn’t do anything other than to still say that it needs to be registered! Can’t believe Dji have ruined my Xmas with a product that clearly isn’t right!

Does the pocket still work, sans the phone?

If so, save all those Christmas memories without the phone. I rarely use my Pocket with a phone attached.  

2019-12-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

WhizKidd Posted at 12-24 11:32
So I found an easier resolution to get the firmware downloaded.  I did reach out to DJI chat support via the support part of the DJI website and was able to get the firmware webpage and password.  As others have said, it only took about 15 minutes.  I am assuming that if I post it here it will get removed (no idea why they just do not post it).  

However, they only had the previous firmware version on the webpage (V01.10.00.21), and I wanted the latest version (V01.10.00.30).  

Great workaround!

The very few times I use my phone, I use the wireless anyway.
2019-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Arale Posted at 12-24 09:44
Hi, unfortuntely the firmaware did not help. I downloaded the firmware from the linked dropbox och copied over it to my Micro SD Card and inserted to my Osmo Pocket. The Osmo Pocket did update, I deleted the firmaware afterwards. But it still wont connect to my andriod phone.

How about an iOS phone? This firmware is used to fix the connection issue between Osmo Pocket and iPhone. Just to verify, your Osmo Pocket cannot connect to both iPhone and Android device?
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_BgNlpIQi6n0j Posted at 12-24 13:41
Any ideas how to get the firmware to update, I have downloaded the file that I got from support and copied it into the memory card, turned it on and it doesn’t do anything other than to still say that it needs to be registered! Can’t believe Dji have ruined my Xmas with a product that clearly isn’t right!

Hi there, what was the problem before you got the fixed firmware? If the APP shows it needs to be registered, it means the Osmo Pocket is able to connect to the phone, no need to download the fixed firmware. Please follow the video below to activate the device first.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans64a7ae2c Posted at 12-23 09:36
How do you check PM on this i dont see any Pm ??

Please click Personal Message under my Avatar to check the PM.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_BgNlpIQi6n0j Posted at 12-24 04:43
Hi I have just purchased a Osmo pocket for my son for Xmas, and unfortunately it will not connect via the lightning adapter on my iPhone X or my wife’s iPhone X, can you please send me the fix ASAP please!

Hi there, please check my PM, thanks.
2019-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LasseVK Posted at 12-23 15:13
I have the same problem, can you send me the PM?

PM has been sent, please check, thanks.
2019-12-27
Use props
batmanjoe
New
United States

I was able to use my iPhone XS Max to use DJI MIMO app to connect my OSMO packet.  After reset and problem still there, cannot detect my Osmo pocket.
2019-12-27
Use props
fansd0a704b9
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 03:08

Hi there. Just purchased a osmo pocket and it is not connecting to my iPhone app. Please PM me the fix. Thank you!
2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_mNgkAMLZsONm
New

Canada

Same connecting issue here! Please PM me Mindy! My Osmo isn’t connecting!
2019-12-28
Use props
tonyho88
New

Hong Kong

Hi DJI Mindy,

Would you please let me know how I can make my iPhone connect to the DJI OSMO Pocket again?

Thanks
2019-12-29
Use props
djiuser_mNgkAMLZsONm
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 03:08
Hi there, please check my PM, thanks.

Hi Mindy,

Same issue here. My OSMO Pocket can't connect with iPhone 8P through a lightening adapter after using WI-FI connection. Please help!

Thanks!
2019-12-30
Use props
fansf8d013c6
lvl.1
New Zealand

Having the same problem. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2019-12-30
Use props
fansf8d013c6
lvl.1
New Zealand

fansf8d013c6 Posted at 12-30 16:32

Sorry, wrong thread
2019-12-30
Use props
fansf8d013c6
lvl.1
New Zealand

2019-12-30
Use props
fansf8d013c6
lvl.1
New Zealand

fansf8d013c6 Posted at 12-30 16:59

And it seems that is correct thread...
2019-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf8d013c6 Posted at 12-30 16:59

Please check your PM, thanks.
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tonyho88 Posted at 12-29 07:12
Hi DJI Mindy,

Would you please let me know how I can make my iPhone connect to the DJI OSMO Pocket again?

Hi tonyho88, I have sent you PM, please check, thanks.
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mNgkAMLZsONm Posted at 12-28 14:10
Same connecting issue here! Please PM me Mindy! My Osmo isn’t connecting!

Hi there, please check my PM, thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd0a704b9 Posted at 12-28 10:31
Hi there. Just purchased a osmo pocket and it is not connecting to my iPhone app. Please PM me the fix. Thank you!

Was the device activated? Did you update any firmware? Any chance to have a try with Android moile phone?
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

batmanjoe Posted at 12-27 15:55
I was able to use my iPhone XS Max to use DJI MIMO app to connect my OSMO packet.  After reset and problem still there, cannot detect my Osmo pocket.

PM has been sent to you, please check and have a try, thanks.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_fQed9rBmlla0
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi,
I got my osmo pocket a few days ago, immediately updated the firmware to the latest there was no problem I could connect to my iPhone 11 Pro via the standard wired connection, everything was fine. Until yesterday when all of a sudden the connection stopped working. The unit itself seems to be working fine on its own, but the connection doesn’t work anymore. I tried it with an android phone, same thing. Also tried to reboot the phone, reset the osmo, reinstall the app, format the SD card, etc... Nothing is working... Can you help me with that?
2019-12-31
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-21 20:13
Did you try to update to the latest firmware via an Android phone? If the device has been sent back, please keep us updated with the case number if you need any further assistance.

Hi
I updated via the SD card method - Loaded .21 OK
Still did not connect to iPhone or my sons android
If I connect via the bottom port works OK and asks to update to .30 firmware
Its only the mini lightning connector and mini USB-C connector that is at issue neither connects the pocket to any phones
I am about to parcel up and return in the next few days
Any other ideas that may fix it to save me the hassle of sending back. Also what happens if this all goes wrong again my warranty is up in February !!
2019-12-31
Use props
Thomas Twigg
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-30 01:58
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Please check my PM, thanks.

I’m having this same issue with a new iPhone 11. I’m on vacation and really wanting to use the Mimo app with my Osmo Pocket — please pass on the fix to me (also curious as to why the solution is not being publicly shared).

Thanks.
2020-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thomas Twigg Posted at 1-1 10:10
I’m having this same issue with a new iPhone 11. I’m on vacation and really wanting to use the Mimo app with my Osmo Pocket — please pass on the fix to me (also curious as to why the solution is not being publicly shared).

Thanks.

I have PM you the workaround you may have a try, please check, thanks.
2020-1-2
Use props
djiuser_fQed9rBmlla0
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 05:01
I have PM you the workaround you may have a try, please check, thanks.

is it possible that it could help with my problem? (#226 comment)
2020-1-2
Use props
fansf8d013c6
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-31 00:34
Hi there, please check my PM, thank you.

Hi, it worked. Thank You!
Is there ETA of release of fixed firmware? I do not want be stuck with older version and miss on new features.
2020-1-2
Use props
Thomas Twigg
New

United States

I have this issue with a new iPhone 11, please send the solution—don’t understand why it isn’t being shared publicly.
2020-1-3
Use props
djiuser_j5DUeui5uFba
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-3 03:15
I have replied to your PM, please check, thank you.

Need the same PM with the fix. Thx
2020-1-6
Use props
djiuser_j5DUeui5uFba
New

United States

Please send me the fix. Thanks.
2020-1-6
Use props
Jade Esther
New

United States

My dji osmo pocket isn't also connecting to my iphone. How can I fix this problem? Please help!!
2020-1-7
Use props
cinelicious
New

United States

hello, i am also looking for a fix for my new dji osmo pocket. mindy, if you would be so kind as to PM some relief, i would be incredibly thankful. thank you.
2020-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_j5DUeui5uFba Posted at 1-6 11:40
Need the same PM with the fix. Thx

2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cinelicious Posted at 1-7 20:18
hello, i am also looking for a fix for my new dji osmo pocket. mindy, if you would be so kind as to PM some relief, i would be incredibly thankful. thank you.

Please check my PM, thanks.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jade Esther Posted at 1-7 15:10
My dji osmo pocket isn't also connecting to my iphone. How can I fix this problem? Please help!!

Hi Jade, please check the PM, thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thomas Twigg Posted at 1-3 13:42
I have this issue with a new iPhone 11, please send the solution—don’t understand why it isn’t being shared publicly.

Hi Thomas, the PM has been sent, please check, thanks.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules