Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE
41977 472 2019-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

You say you are " just having it". Did it work fine before? When?
2020-6-25
Use props
fans0ae1ab64
New
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-24 20:25
Please check my PM, thank you.

Hello dji mindy, can you pm me the solution also? Greetings Rolf,
2020-7-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fans0ae1ab64 Posted at 7-19 13:16
Hello dji mindy, can you pm me the solution also? Greetings Rolf,

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219091
2020-7-19
Use props
fans0ae1ab64
New
Netherlands

Curt1591 Posted at 7-19 13:56
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=219091

I thought this is the topic of the “unable to connect to iPhone, faulty firmware” trouble?

On every page of this topic someone says “my iPhone doesn’t see the dji pocket anymore” en almost every post she reply’s, send you an pm, and now I need to supply more information?

Why not post the “pm” answer in this topic?
2020-7-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

fans0ae1ab64 Posted at 7-20 00:09
I thought this is the topic of the “unable to connect to iPhone, faulty firmware” trouble?

On every page of this topic someone says “my iPhone doesn’t see the dji pocket anymore” en almost every post she reply’s, send you an pm, and now I need to supply more information?

Yes indeed; the title of this topic is "Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE". And yes; you were able to find the thread and notify us that your iPhone doesn't connect.

However, the topic, and original post, were posted just shy of 1 year ago. That is when there was a flawed firmware update that rendered the Pocket unable to connect to iPhones. The firmware was replaced and Mindy sent out the "secret fix" that resolved the affected iPhones.

So, unless you updated you Pocket's firmware about a year ago, I'll lay odds on Mindy's secret fix is not the answer to your connection problem.

The forum would be well served by having that topic deleted, Then, maybe people might be more likely to articulate the specifics of the problem they are experiencing.

There are many possible reasons your Pocket and your iPhone don't communicate. Here a couple of things you might try in order to isolate the problem:
Do you have a friend with an Android device with a USB-C port?

1) Try using it to connect with the supplied USB-C adaptor.

2) If you have a "lightning to USB-C" cord, try connecting your iPhone using that.

Try these two ideas and come back with your results. Hopefully, it can be resolved.

2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_3V3tNjiwi0gz
New

Malaysia

i have the same issue cannot connect my pocket to my mobile, it keep charging, please help!my email here hahacawaii@gmail.com
2020-8-7
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_3V3tNjiwi0gz Posted at 8-7 03:07
i have the same issue cannot connect my pocket to my mobile, it keep charging, please help!my email here hahacawaii@gmail.com

I would bet the house that your problem has nothing to do with the infamous "iPhone can't connect" situation that is the premise for this thread.

Is your "mobile" an iPhone? Has your Pocket sat idle since you updated it about a year ago?

May I suggest that you read through the many posts suggesting ways to isolate the problem in order to come up with a fix.
2020-8-7
Use props
djiuser_kUTYt3M3kQnP
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi I also got the same issue can you help me please!
2020-8-18
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_kUTYt3M3kQnP Posted at 8-18 11:33
Hi I also got the same issue can you help me please!

We can assume that your issue is that you cannot connect. So that we might help, could you please first help us?
What specific iPhone are you using?
When did you buy your Osmo Pocket?
When did you last update firmware?
Did your iPhone and Pocket ever connect before?
Have you tried connecting with a different phone and/or different adaptor?

2020-8-18
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have a IphoneX latest iOs

My Osmo Pocket is second hand. so I never connected it before. I tried it with my ipad same. it loads the device but won‘t connect.

Firmware right now is:
2020-8-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

That is older firmware, long before the glitch that started this thread.

I hope you didn't inherit a problem ...
If you can find someone with another Pocket, borrow their adaptor and see if it works.

You might also see if you can borrow a Lightning to USB-C cord in case the contacts on the Pocket aren't connecting.
2020-8-19
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

is there no way I can download the latest firmware manualy and put it on the sd card?
2020-8-19
Use props
LaceyLaPlante
New

United States

iOS is such a pain.
2020-8-19
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

also tried it with my samsung galaxy A10 also just loading the mobile but won‘t connect..
2020-8-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

2LU Posted at 8-19 11:22
also tried it with my samsung galaxy A10 also just loading the mobile but won‘t connect..

Could you please clarify "loading the mobile but won‘t connect"?

2020-8-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Great insight!

However, iOS isn't the problem here.
2020-8-19
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

it detects a device I can say because it‘s loading but. it won‘t show the device in the app or any notification,
2020-8-20
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

can I just have the latest firmware and try it with that? You must have a file somewhere online?
2020-8-20
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

can I just have the latest firmware and try it with that? You must have a file somewhere online?
2020-8-20
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

2LU Posted at 8-20 11:02
can I just have the latest firmware and try it with that? You must have a file somewhere online?

Unfortunately,  you have to connect to update the firmware.  
2020-8-20
Use props
djiuser_04DG9CPqGkwd
New

Malaysia

Hi DJI Mindy, i am having the same issue on my iphone XS and DJI Firmware 01.10.00.30. Can you please advise at the earliest?
2020-8-21
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There are close to 350 posts in this thread. I will bet that, somewhere in these posts, you'll find a solution.
When you go to see a doctor, do you assume your illness is the same as the previous patient's? Do you simply say "I'm sick!"?

I give up!

2020-8-21
Use props
djiuser_xtRBJIlnBrHq
New
Italy

Hi everyone!

I’ve a problem initializing my osmo pocket: I’ve tried from multiple phones, restarting the device and the app. It says that the activation failed and there is a data activation error. The series number (S/N) is 0W7CG980130022. What fo I have to do? Thank you for your help.
2020-8-23
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

Curt1591 Posted at 8-20 17:01
Unfortunately,  you have to connect to update the firmware.

wow so how should this help me? do you ever seen a doctor and he tells you just get a new body? why are your answers all not helpfull? is there anyone else??
2020-8-23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

2LU Posted at 8-23 10:49
wow so how should this help me? do you ever seen a doctor and he tells you just get a new body? why are your answers all not helpfull? is there anyone else??

Within this thread are all the answers, or at least the path to the answers.

I have tried to help you isolate the problem. I seem to be the only person that was still willing to bother. Now, I have reached my limit.

What have you done? Have you tried all the troubleshooting that has been recommended? I can't do it for you!
Without isolating the problem, no one can tell you how to fix it

Your "new body" analogy is ridiculous. However, if you can't isolate the problem, you may, very well, need a new Pocket.

There's one thing to consider before even you continue: Has this Pocket ever worked for you?

2020-8-23
Use props
2LU
lvl.1

Switzerland

Curt1591 Posted at 8-23 16:51
Within this thread are all the answers, or at least the path to the answers.

I have tried to help you isolate the problem. I seem to be the only person that was still willing to bother. Now, I have reached my limit.

I did connected with multiple devices.. I tried different cables and the little connector from the cam.. It worked for my friend a year ago.. So why not now? All phone detected a device but will only see it as a charger. I told you all this and still no answer which would help so sorry for my harsh tone but fact is you weren't a big help yet....
2020-8-24
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Best answer: It has apparently died.

RIP.jpeg
2020-8-24
Use props
Joseph Alturas
New

Philippines

Hi guys. My osmo pocket cannot connect to iphone using the connector. Am using iphone 6s. The monitor screen shows only for about 2-3 seconds and it stops commection. Please respond asap. I have a shoot next week.
2020-8-28
Use props
djiuser_IsOAByov1VNt
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-2 03:54
You are welcome and glad to hear that, have a good day.

My osmo pocket won’t connect either, please help! Thanks!
2020-9-14
Use props
Tony Vo
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-5 03:13
PM has been sent, please check it.

Mindy can you help me with the fix
2020-9-21
Use props
Zneb Soundgraphy
lvl.1

Thailand

Dji mindy. Please sent me the solution, thanks
2020-10-22
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

This ship has sailed. Mindy can't help.
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_NzbwMxt5Evsq
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-1 23:39
PM has been sent, please check.

Can u please send me the fix for this as well.
Thank u
2020-11-5
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

djiuser_NzbwMxt5Evsq Posted at 11-5 04:53
Can u please send me the fix for this as well.
Thank u

Read my post immediately preceding yours.
2020-11-5
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

We need to discuss this also for the new Pocket 2 having difficulty connecting to devices.
My new Pocket 2 has difficulty connecting to both my iPad(6th Gen) and iPhone8, both with latest Apple software updates.
Then, I noticed that there's an update also available for the Mimo app.......carried out the Mimo update and voila! everything now works
2020-11-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Psoon Posted at 11-6 11:39
We need to discuss this also for the new Pocket 2 having difficulty connecting to devices.
My new Pocket 2 has difficulty connecting to both my iPad(6th Gen) and iPhone8, both with latest Apple software updates.
Then, I noticed that there's an update also available for the Mimo app.......carried out the Mimo update and voila! everything now works

It's always a good idea to keep software current. However, I always wait a while to update to see if the update itself has issues.
The Mimo update very well could have been addressing iOS issues.

2020-11-9
Use props
poff69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27838 ft
United States

Having the same problem DJI Mindy pls PM me the solution -thanks
2020-11-13
Use props
poff69
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-12-1 22:21
Hi miker4471, please check my PM, thank you.

Hi miker4471 dude post it here
2020-11-13
Use props
poff69
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 2019-12-4 14:38
Buried in the endless posts expressing the problem, and the "I sent a PM"replies, there is the answer you seek.

From post 119:

can post the link here?
2020-11-13
Use props
Артём Петров
New

Russia

Not connect with iphone 6s ios11. Please help me!
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules