4504 10 2019-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, I have had my Mavic 2 Pro and smart controller for three weeks. I have made numerous flights and while everything else seems good, I find the responsiveness of the touchscreen pretty inconsistent. For example, when I go to change the ISO, aperture or shutter speed in the camera tab on the smart controller I hav to swipe it at least half a dozen times for it to finally respond.

I also have the same thing happen when I swipe to land, etc. I really need this to be more responsive and I am wondering if others experience the same.

2019-8-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a factory reset.
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The post #2 of Marty is correct, you may try to perform the factory reset on your DJI Smart Controller to see if there would be some changes. For you to perform the said troubleshooting you need to go to Settings > Personal > Factory Data Reset. If the problem will still persist. We highly recommend sending the unit int our repair facility for further evaluation. Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-8-17
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-17 10:21
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The post #2 of Marty is correct, you may try to perform the factory reset on your DJI Smart Controller to see if there would be some changes. For you to perform the said troubleshooting you need to go to Settings > Personal > Factory Data Reset. If the problem will still persist. We highly recommend sending the unit int our repair facility for further evaluation. Please note that DJI will not provide a warranty repair for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!

Thanks, I will try the reset. I have a really hard time finding what the actual warranty info is on products online, can you tell me what the warranty is on the Smart Controller?
2019-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

KS-6 Posted at 8-17 13:41
Thanks, I will try the reset. I have a really hard time finding what the actual warranty info is on products online, can you tell me what the warranty is on the Smart Controller?

You're welcome. You may refer to the image below for the warranty of the said product. Thank you for your continued support!

2019-8-17
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I did the reset and did a test flight, seems much better. I'll see how it goes with several batteries in a row when the Smart Controller tends to heat up a bit.
2019-8-17
Use props
renreldpgmail.com
New

United States

KS-6 Posted at 2019-8-17 19:15
I did the reset and did a test flight, seems much better. I'll see how it goes with several batteries in a row when the Smart Controller tends to heat up a bit.

should the touch screen allow both taping and sliding,
2020-4-30
Use props
Edward Price
New

United Kingdom

It’s an absolute piece of junk. I bought the mini air pro 4. It worked a week and the the r2 controller touchscreen stopped responding which meant I can’t launch the drone as the takeoff button is on the touch screen. I contacted support and they said I have to ship it for a repair, and  IF it’s found to not be my fault (after a week) then they will give a free service. Can’t factory reset as touchscreen doesn’t work at all DO NOT BUY THE R2 controller
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Edward Price Posted at 11-27 07:10
It’s an absolute piece of junk. I bought the mini air pro 4. It worked a week and the the r2 controller touchscreen stopped responding which meant I can’t launch the drone as the takeoff button is on the touch screen. I contacted support and they said I have to ship it for a repair, and  IF it’s found to not be my fault (after a week) then they will give a free service. Can’t factory reset as touchscreen doesn’t work at all DO NOT BUY THE R2 controller

Hi there. Our sincere apologies for this experience. Rest assured that we will conduct some diagnostics on your remote controller after we receive it to identify the issue and will surely provide you updates via email. If you have other concerns, feel free to contact us, we are more than happy to help. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-11-27
Use props
Bersecti
lvl.2
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-27 07:56
Hi there. Our sincere apologies for this experience. Rest assured that we will conduct some diagnostics on your remote controller after we receive it to identify the issue and will surely provide you updates via email. If you have other concerns, feel free to contact us, we are more than happy to help. We appreciate your understanding and support.

You should also guarantee this guy that a problem with his remote after he has had it for a week will be free of charge. Unless he dropped it in water maybe. Between telling this poor guy he might have to pay for it and making everybody that upgraded from the mini 3 buy new filters as an obvious money grab  your company leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
2-25 21:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bersecti Posted at 2-25 21:03
You should also guarantee this guy that a problem with his remote after he has had it for a week will be free of charge. Unless he dropped it in water maybe. Between telling this poor guy he might have to pay for it and making everybody that upgraded from the mini 3 buy new filters as an obvious money grab  your company leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Hello there. We really appreciate your feedback. This is not the experience we want you to have, rest assured that any product malfunction unit that we receive at our repair facility is covered under warranty unless the unit is no longer under warranty period. If you have any issues with your unit or need any assistance, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
3-1 02:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules