Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
it's alive, thanks DJI repair center!
1701 12 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

Hi all,

Well it took awhile , about six weeks..... But I now have a working drone back for a reasonable cost.   I had crashed ( totally my fault, too close to a tree top).   Damage to body, gimbal, a motor  likely an ESC.     Was send back all fixed via FedEx for 124$.   I had also forgot to remove my SD card prior to sending back.  I was relieved to see that it was also returned .     Ran controller calibrations and updates and some other sanity checks all checked out.... Took her out for a short flight, all good so far!!!!     Credit where credit is due,  good experience other than the wait time.

Thanks,

Kris
2015-6-8
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Glad all worked out well for you. I had a simular good experience. Just the wait time for repairs was slow but all else with customer service and support was good.
2015-6-9
Use props
applekiller
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138458 ft
Canada

I've read some horror stories so thought I would share my experience...

Thanks

Kris
2015-6-9
Use props
DJIDave
lvl.4

United States

Good to hear! We are working on lowering the wait time for repair.
2015-6-9
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

DJIDave Posted at 2015-6-10 04:47

Just got tracking for my Phantom today! Took about six weeks BUT I have to say I'm also completely satisfied with the service. I'll be honest, I was nervous after reading all the horror stories. Mine was repaired at NO cost under warranty!
Now, as long as my battery that I shipped it with and the packing crate to secure it are with the bird AND everything works, I'd have to say that DJI is really stepping up!!!
Great job guys!
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

flyingduck88@gm Posted at 2015-6-12 00:10
Just got tracking for my Phantom today! Took about six weeks BUT I have to say I'm also completely ...

Very good to hear!
2015-6-11
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Dave,

Anybody over there going to delete all the spammer posts? They are all over the P2 & P3 forums.

Jerry
2015-6-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-12 03:45
Dave,

Anybody over there going to delete all the spammer posts? They are all over the P2 & P3 for ...

Yeah we are working on it. Something has gone wrong with our spam blocking software.
2015-6-11
Use props
applelinux
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505 ft

United States

flyingduck88@gm Posted at 2015-6-12 00:10
Just got tracking for my Phantom today! Took about six weeks BUT I have to say I'm also completely ...

Just curious. What caused the crash? Did DJI replace the scratched/cracked frame on the unit?

Just send mine out last week and still waiting for it to be checked in to repair queue.
2015-6-22
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

applelinux Posted at 2015-6-23 05:08
Just curious. What caused the crash? Did DJI replace the scratched/cracked frame on the unit?

J ...

I didn't have any other damage than the camera and gimbal on my Phantom. But it was replaced with a brand new one! My battery was returned with it and it was properly secured when shipped.
Just be  polite and patient. I really hope that my experience becomes the norm and not the exception! Good luck with your Phantom!
2015-6-29
Use props
applelinux
lvl.1

United States

flyingduck88@gm Posted at 2015-6-30 00:12
I didn't have any other damage than the camera and gimbal on my Phantom. But it was replaced with  ...

Great to hear that! I really hope they can fix my P3A asap...I can't wait to flight again...
2015-7-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Thanks, that's good to hear.
2015-7-9
Use props
applelinux
lvl.1

United States

DJIDave Posted at 2015-6-10 04:47

Hi Dave, my unit was checked in on June 24. Until today I haven't got any update on the repair. It is been over 6 weeks now. As indicated in the first email I got when the unit was checked, I called DJI support team at 818-235-0789, but the call never went through.....Request number 157006
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules