Fix for "NO MC DATA- ACCELEROMETER FAILED" if caused by impact.
58343 106 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
system1ka
lvl.1

Georgia

I have also problem with x value please help

2016-2-9
Use props
system1ka
lvl.1

Georgia

:'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'(:'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'(:'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'(:'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'( :'(:'(
2016-2-13
Use props
phil8399
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219062 ft
United Kingdom

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS, SOLVED MY PROBLEM !!!!!!
YOU DA MAN.
2016-2-17
Use props
bugsbane
New

United States

CONFIRMED: This worked for me tonight after hitting the drone every which way. right side up, up side down, front, back... but Zandegran's post helped me. +16.02 on y, hit on the right side (3 quick jabs with the heel of my hand). and it calibrates and flies! I was so desperate I even have now an RMA number from DJI support. thanks guys.
Zandegran post is a MUST READ. simply smacking the drone randomly won't work

System1ka - are you hitting the correct side of the drone? you will need to hit the BACK of the drone where the battery is. and hit it hard enough to jar the accelerometer.

2016-2-18
Use props
yedean
New

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-18 00:56
That's good news!! Thanks for sharing your story and happy flying.

-Dog

if you look at the accelorometers' you can tell which way you need to /mechanicall activate'  possibly without disassembly (as I did)
X- for and aft
Y left and right
z verticle.
2016-2-28
Use props
zulusnet
New

Poland

Good morning Phantom 3 Users,

I have the similar problem as many people of this thread. My phantom has close contact with branches. After that the accelerometer sensor shows y: -16.1. Other coordinates are near 0, how they should. Of course I have MC DATA ERROR and Accelerometer error.

I've tried smacking my phantom from the left side (as zandegran wrote) I've done it few times but unfortunately problem still exists. I don't know if I am smacking in wrong place or maybe in my case this "very technological" solution will not work. If anyone is able, Please tell me where should I hit while I am looking at my Phantom eye to eye (i am looking at the text: "Phantom" which is written in gold).
Best regards

MR

EDIT !

Problem solved, I hit the drone with rubber hammer from the left and right side few times and and Errors are no longer available. Thanks guys for this thread, it is very useful.
2016-3-8
Use props
MountainMan21
New

United States

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 04:28
SOLVED : also without sending it back, I must add. I have posted this solution in couple threads a ...

Thanks so much, zandegran! This fix worked perfectly. First time in the forum but won't be my last. Cheers!
2016-3-8
Use props
jamessteckly
New

Canada

Fixed the problem. All works again

I know this comes late in the game and don't know if thread is active anymore, but I have one question on this topic. I have the phantom 3 open to the black box but I don't see anyway the ribbon disconnects from the board on the accelerator. It looks like a pretty permanent plug that has some sort of rubber slicone around it. I can't quite see how to completely detach the accelerator.  Would they have changed the assembly of that compared to the one you took apart? Any help from this stage on would be appreciated.  Thanks

JD
2016-3-15
Use props
chukmil98
New
United States

Hi Guys I crashed my P3A and had the same MC Data Error and fixed that using the method described here. The app shows all is well but my motors wont start from the app or the controllers. In the crash I knw at leas 2 or the motors were blocked...could I have burned out motors or ESCs? Would the app not tell me if there was a motor issue?   Would love some help on this one...Thanks
2016-4-8
Use props
heimann.martin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 850978 ft
Finland

Thanks guys for the "smacking" tip! Worked after hitting about 3 times... What a relief!
2016-6-16
Use props
bwolfe
New

United States

This thread has pretty much literally saved my sanity.

After a nasty, nasty crash which obliterated the camera, gimbal, and shell (after owning for 4 days) I bit the bullet and did a full shell swap and installed new camera. Not a fun job (DON'T PINCH THE COMPASS RIBBON CABLE!) but completed successfully.

Awesome. Not done in time for the 4th, but done and flying beautifully again.

Until last night.

Decided (like an idiot) to take a few long-exposure shots around 10:30. After some beers with the neighbors. This was a poor decision.

I was coming in to land way too close to the three of us, and when I zigged my neighbor zagged, and he got zapped by a prop. Six little slits on his arm, which he found hilarious.

Shortly thereafter, my newly rebuilt P3P tumbled to the ground upside down while emitting what I like to call, "the baby rabbit in a vise" noise from a blocked prop. Not hilarious.

Powered down, checked for visible damage and found none aside from some scuffs. Whew!

Powered back on and got:

accelerometer failed - IMU Calibration required

MC Data Error

I tried to calibrate the IMU, but at 1% it said an unknown error occurred.

{:4_157:}

No Bueno.

I found this thread, and was hesitant to start whacking my already battered UAV, but after almost a dozen attempts, it finally worked.

I had a -16.04 X value and whacked the (empty) battery compartment pretty good, and IMU went back to zeroes and allowed me to calibrate.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

2016-7-7
Use props
userbc27fda923
New

Sweden

Hi,

We have the same problem with -16,07 at the X value. How should we hold the phantom when we smack? We have tried several times but don't know how hard we can smack... We are going abroad next week and would really want to bring the new phantom.

Thank you in advance! /Mimmi
2016-8-13
Use props
userbc27fda923
New

Sweden

Hi,

We have the same problem with -16,07 at the X value. How should we hold the phantom when we smack? We have tried several times but don't know how hard we can smack... We are going abroad next week and would really want to bring the new phantom.

Thank you in advance! /Mimmi
2016-8-13
Use props
artworksmetal
lvl.1

United States

I had an X value of -16.  So I gave the battery a good whack with a rubber wallet. Fixed it,

Thanks so much for this thread.
2016-9-18
Use props
aldeaglobal
New

United States

Thanks DivenDog and Zandegran  !!!

My Phantom 3 Standard flew away returning to a wrong home due to the current bug on the DJI GO v 3.1.2 Android. I flew already with this version without any problem but the difference this time is that it happened that I lost signal, so the RTH activated and due to the bug the home point was changed to the wrong place (some 1.2km away).

As I was on a mountain, it wanted to land on a location that was some 500 m lower than the take off surface. It went down slowly, but after some 8 minutes descending, the battery finished and it fell some 200m on the snow, almost 2km away from where I was.

I was lucky that I could receive some telemetry when it arrived to the new home point and it started to descend, so that I could search on a very limited area, and even with that, it was difficult to find.
When playing back the flight on the DJI Go, it can be seen how the home location is changed at some point when it lost the signal and the coordinates of this wrong new home can also be seen there, which is where to start searching for the drone if no other telemetry is received, and supposing that the drone had enough battery to arrive to that location.

There is plenty of information about this bug currently not solved in this forum. Now I reverted back to the v 3.1.1

Anyway, it fell totally upside down, the propellers were somehow not damaged, but it asked to recalibrate the IMO, which was not working (first time it stopped at 30% and then it was always stopping at 2%).
Thanks to this post I opened my Phantom and could hit with the back side of a screwdriver to the bottom part of the black box.
Before doing so I had a z=-16 (it hit the floor from the top part of the drone) and after it was around z=-1 (and x=y=0).

Thanks to this post I could repair it!
2017-2-6
Use props
efcso
New

Australia

Another happy customer! This thread is wonderful!!

My P3 Standard bit a wall late yesterday and gave the dreaded "Accelerometer Failed" error, along with having a fracture to the gimbal mount. [Note: newly-installed (about 2 hours earlier) prop guards saved her from more serious damage]

It had a -16.02 reading on the X-Axis...

After finding this thread, and Zandegran's post explaining the axis directions, I determined that a delicate adjustment to the stern of this this precision instrument was required. I was obviously a little too delicate the first time around, because it didn't work. An additional, slightly more robust, application of force to the battery cover sorted things out.

I calibrated the IMU, then went outside and calibrated the compass on a vacant block across the road, as well as the gimbal. It locked onto 11 GPS satellites and seems happy. I'll wait until daylight to give it a test flight - I doubt my neighbours would have appreciated me firing it up at 3am...

Now to work out how/why it crashed. Probably that moron of a pilot...
2017-2-10
Use props
Flier
New
Australia

Worked for me
Had a bit of a rough landing, props where a bit scuffed (trimmed somebody's hedge). I replaced the blades, left it a few days then when I went to try it again  it said "Accelerometer" fault and calibrate "IMU". The IMU would not calibrate - I tried the palm slap once and it didn't have any affect but the second time with a more solid thump IT WORKED !!!! The "Accelerometer" fault disappeared then I was able to calibrate the IMU.
Thank you.

2017-2-14
Use props
Ivan68
New
Italy

I'm going to smack my drone too.... just a question please: did you smack the drone with the gimbal attached or took it apart before smacking?
2017-3-17
Use props
raymond3
New
Flight distance : 23927 ft
United States

zandegran Posted at 2015-6-12 01:28
SOLVED : also without sending it back, I must add. I have posted this solution in couple threads and have solved many people's problem. That's why I'm starting this new thread.
Thanks to the user DivenDog. His method includes opening the device. I must admit that I found out this technique after reading his post.

Thank you so much for your contribution!  Our Phantom 3P showed a Y g of 16. After a sharp smack with a rubber mallet according to your directions, the accelerometer was freed.

Thanks again!
2017-7-7
Use props
djiuser_EcOJgT60Wf3v
New

Queria agradecer ao amigo DivenDog por nos ter ajudado com esse excelente tutorial, e aproveitar para adicionar um vídeo no qual tudo o que foi descrito e mostrado na prática.
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=79PAM4ZL9cc
Grande abraço a todos!
2019-10-15
Use props
djiuser_tRbUaYBoBlNi
lvl.1
United States

Dog, I have x -0.09,y -16.06, z-0.87. Should I just smack it a few times on all sides?
Please correct me if my thinking is incorrect but I’m looking at the Acceleration row and not all three rows. Because I have negative numbers in all
Gyroscope=x -0.00 y 0.00 z -0.04
Acceleration= x-0.09, y-16.06 z -0.87
Compass= x-814.00, y -739.00 z 1090.00
My error alarm only accelerometer failed and not mc accelerometer failure are these the same thing?
Thanks for any help .
2020-5-1
Use props
sacci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54177 ft

France

good evening,
please save me
what is the solution for me car my P3 it has the value Z -1.44
I saw the solutions for the anomalies of X and Y but I cannot find for that of Z
thank you
2020-5-11
Use props
sacci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54177 ft

France

2020-5-11
Use props
Papolin
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Thanks man it works for me, I didn't have to open the drone, because mine went under my car and hit the bottom of the car whith the top of the drone. I just take the battery out took the top of the drone and put it facing down lift it almost like a feet a drop it like 3 times and 1 to one side and 1 to the other, and when try for recalibrate again BOOM start to calibrate normal and everything was fix. I really appreciate for everyone who in one form or the other whith all the comments helps so I could fix my Phantom 3. Sorry for my English.
2021-9-21
Use props
Papolin
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

djiuser_tRbUaYBoBlNi Posted at 2020-5-1 18:17
Dog, I have x -0.09,y -16.06, z-0.87. Should I just smack it a few times on all sides?
Please correct me if my thinking is incorrect but I’m looking at the Acceleration row and not all three rows. Because I have negative numbers in all
Gyroscope=x -0.00 y 0.00 z -0.04

Hope you fix it already. If not I had almost the same problem everything in the calibration looks fine, except the (Y) in the accelerometer g. I fix mine when I took out the top of my drone facing down like a feet up and dropped like 3 times and 1 on each side. Then when I try again to recalibrate problem fix.
2021-9-21
Use props
stevex
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey all, my P3A has sat for about 18 months without flying and I get the message saying a cal is required. I carried out a compass cal no problem, but my first IMU cal failed at 22% and now fails every time at 2% with unknown error. The only problem I can see is my z reading on the accel read out is -1.42. This will go up and down if I move the drone, but always returns to the same reading.
I've followed this post and started with hitting the drone, no luck. I then removed the top and took the accelerometer out. I decided to take the top of it to see if I could identify a fault and this is what I found.

There don't appear to be any moving parts!
I tapped it all round but after re connection and power on  the z reading is still -1.42.

Edit: Resorted to putting IMU on a vice and tapping with hammer and pin punch, z value actually changed from -1.42 to -1.41, but if that wont fix it replacement is now the only option. Found one on ebay for £30; do I risk buying a used IMU?
2022-6-17
Use props
phantomdust
lvl.1

Greece

stevex Posted at 2022-6-17 07:19
Hey all, my P3A has sat for about 18 months without flying and I get the message saying a cal is required. I carried out a compass cal no problem, but my first IMU cal failed at 22% and now fails every time at 2% with unknown error. The only problem I can see is my z reading on the accel read out is -1.42. This will go up and down if I move the drone, but always returns to the same reading.
I've followed this post and started with hitting the drone, no luck. I then removed the top and took the accelerometer out. I decided to take the top of it to see if I could identify a fault and this is what I found.

Oh no. I just logged in to say that this solution makes perfect sense(for someone with electrical engineering background), and that it worked for me!
@Stevex, you should NOT open the metal case. There ARE moving parts inside, even though not visible: they are inside the black chip in the middle. They are called MEMS, or Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems. They are indeed mechanical, because they move and they have inertia, and because of that, they DO get stuck. There is a quite interesting video https://youtu.be/1uhVjFTgB2g?t=476to understand what is happening.
I had the same stuck IMU problem on my y axis, and I tapped the metal case with a small metal pen a few times, and on the correct axis(find it by moving your drone and watching for the values in the app). The force I used was about the same as when you gently knock a door with one finger, and I did this 8-10 times, every time stopping, plugging the IMU back in the pcb, and powering up the drone to see if the problem is fixed, in the app.
About on the 10th time, it worked.
2023-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules