question about uv filter form dji store
948 3 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I have a question regarding uv filter form dji store. Is it basically the one that is oryginally on camera? So in case of accident I can remove it and put a new one? Is the oryginal one screw on?
2015-6-8
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, its a direct replacement for the one you already have ( incase you break the glass as its soooooooo thin ).

Removing the lens is not hard ut tricky. The key is to use as little pressure as possible on the barrel when unscrewing.  Careful as its very thin metal and the glass is also thin. I held the battel very close to the front gently when I opened mine, came off quite easy. Others have resorted to putting tape on it to gain more grip. One even use a heatgun for some reason and shattered the glass

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-8
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

"Tricky" may have been your experience sploodge but my lens cover was torqued on so tight I had to resort to drastic measures to get it off!

If anybody else have a stubborn cover you can try this: How to remove a stuck lens cover.
2015-6-9
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

gil Posted at 2015-6-9 19:01
"Tricky" may have been your experience sploodge but my lens cover was torqued on so tight I had to r ...

I cracked mine trying to take it off. Finally got it off with the string method linked to here. I contacted DJI and they said the filter they sell is not a replacement but a UV filter which I thought the original one was. Could it be just glass?
2015-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules