Bad analog latency on FPV Goggles
7186 11 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PXhfdZkKV90w
lvl.1

Sweden

Have anyone else tried the analog input on the DJI FPV Goggles and noticed really high latency?

This is especially noticable if you are drone racing on a track. I had no problem racing with the digital signal but when I switched to analog on the goggles it was unflyable!
2019-8-18
Use props
MarlonI
lvl.1
United States

I'm trying to get hdmi in woking from an analog signal.. Exactly what converter/cable are you using as the analog to hdmi? I have an AV to HDMI converter, it works for my Headplay goggles and my FatShark goggles but not for me DJI FPV goggles.
2019-8-18
Use props
GhostFPV
lvl.1

Sweden

MarlonI Posted at 8-18 12:44
I'm trying to get hdmi in woking from an analog signal.. Exactly what converter/cable are you using as the analog to hdmi? I have an AV to HDMI converter, it works for my Headplay goggles and my FatShark goggles but not for me DJI FPV goggles.

I´m talking about the goggles for the DJI Digital FPV System. They only have a input port for analog signal.

Using a Dockking-module with Rapidfire connected to the analog input on the goggles.
2019-8-19
Use props
MarlonI
lvl.1
United States

Yes the DJI Digital FPV system goggles.. My first attempt was with a DockKing but apparently the HDMI module I have does not work and I cannot find another Furious FPV HDMI module out there on the web so I tried an Amazon AV to HDMI converter. That works for my Headplay goggles and my FatShark Dom V3 but not for the DJI FPV goggles. But you say even with a DockKing and HDMI module the lag makes it unflyable.   That's a drag cause my goal was to be able to fly my old analog systems with the DJI goggles. Less gear to carry around. I'm gonna test the lag time on the Headplays and FatSharks when they run on HDMI.
2019-8-19
Use props
vap
lvl.1

Russia

That's sad news, i was hoping it can work on analog input. Travelling with 2 sets of goggles wouldn't be ideal.
2019-8-19
Use props
GhostFPV
lvl.1

Sweden

MarlonI Posted at 8-19 03:09
Yes the DJI Digital FPV system goggles.. My first attempt was with a DockKing but apparently the HDMI module I have does not work and I cannot find another Furious FPV HDMI module out there on the web so I tried an Amazon AV to HDMI converter. That works for my Headplay goggles and my FatShark Dom V3 but not for the DJI FPV goggles. But you say even with a DockKing and HDMI module the lag makes it unflyable.   That's a drag cause my goal was to be able to fly my old analog systems with the DJI goggles. Less gear to carry around. I'm gonna test the lag time on the Headplays and FatSharks when they run on HDMI.

Sorry I`m confused. But how do you connect a hdmi cable to the goggles? I thought they only had two input ports, analog video and usb. Have I missed the hdmi-port?
2019-8-20
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>

Many people experienced signal issues when connecting DJI Goggles with Mavic.  if you have the goggles, please answear the form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ ... Y7vu8zwfGg/viewform
2019-9-11
Use props
Charmande
lvl.3
Flight distance : 299459 ft

From what I've seen in test videos this system is not meant to work with analog in that way. Hopefully they can update it in the future but as far as getting great analog latency right now I believe you may be out of luck unfortunately.
2019-9-11
Use props
Furadi
lvl.1

From what I've heard this is somewhat dependent on the camera as well. One of my fellow team mates said he had good luck with the runcam racer.
2019-9-15
Use props
QuadCatper
lvl.1

Which goggles are you referring to? The RE or the new FPV ones?
2019-9-16
Use props
halitic
lvl.1

Latency in AV in for the FPV goggles is still a bit too high. Sometimes even unflyable
So when you're using like a docking module to plug your analog module to the DJI FPV goggle.
If that's a software related issue, that would be great to have fixed (together with the both brightness and saturation box constantly showing)
2019-10-8
Use props
famtory
lvl.2

South Korea

Delays range from 35-100, even 160, but change when cycled. If you turn the power off and on, the latency will also change. If you experience severe delays, try turning the power off and on.
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules