Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
has anyone figured out how to use the controller with the simulator, i can use the smart cotroller fine but want to use my original remote instead ?
cheers

2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to use the controller on the simulator in the DJI Go 4 application, make sure your controller is bound to the aircraft...
2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Would it be possible if you could verify to us what particular simulator you would like to use? Is it on the DJI Go 4 app or the flight simulator that could install in windows computer? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-18 10:47
You should be able to use the controller on the simulator in the DJI Go 4 application, make sure your controller is bound to the aircraft...

I didnt know there was a simulator in the go 4 app,  I will have to give that a go.  
2019-8-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-18 23:46
I didnt know there was a simulator in the go 4 app,  I will have to give that a go.

Yes, it is included in the start screen up on the upper right slider you'll see it..
2019-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-18 23:51
Yes, it is included in the start screen up on the upper right slider you'll see it..

yes,  just found it.   Can't wait to get home a try it now.
2019-8-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-19 00:01
yes,  just found it.   Can't wait to get home a try it now.

It is a good simulator and a bit different than the commercial DJI simulator that was upgraded last year. This simulator is done from the vantage point of inside the DJI GO 4 Application. I haven't tried it in a while but now that I've discussed it on this thread I may very well give it a go again, only setback is you need to power on your drone while using so the more you stay on the simulator the less battery your drone will have after completing the simulator. I guess if you have multiple charged batteries (I have 5 Spark batteries) then it shouldn't cost you too much time of your next real world flight.
2019-8-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-19 00:57
It is a good simulator and a bit different than the commercial DJI simulator that was upgraded last year. This simulator is done from the vantage point of inside the DJI GO 4 Application. I haven't tried it in a while but now that I've discussed it on this thread I may very well give it a go again, only setback is you need to power on your drone while using so the more you stay on the simulator the less battery your drone will have after completing the simulator. I guess if you have multiple charged batteries (I have 5 Spark batteries) then it shouldn't cost you too much time of your next real world flight.

Thats a shame that the drone needs to be powered,  oh well I'll try it tonight.
2019-8-19
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-19 01:11
Thats a shame that the drone needs to be powered,  oh well I'll try it tonight.

Yes, you would think that only your transmitter given that is the main device needing to be used. I don't like my drone on standing still indoors as I'm weary of all the countervailing radio signals from my home and neighbors given microwaves, access points, cell phone,m and all the WiFi devices I have connected to my home network that could always play havoc with the drone's senses????  
2019-8-19
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 10:57
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Would it be possible if you could verify to us what particular simulator you would like to use? Is it on the DJI Go 4 app or the flight simulator that could install in windows computer? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for your support.

hi its the windows one i use windows 10 ..
2019-8-19
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 10:57
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Would it be possible if you could verify to us what particular simulator you would like to use? Is it on the DJI Go 4 app or the flight simulator that could install in windows computer? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for your support.

Hi it’s the window simulator
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GoFly Drone Posted at 8-20 10:54
Hi it’s the window simulator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may follow the troubleshooting below to possibly use the Flight simulator with your remote controller.

1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, reinstall the remote controller driver.
2. Try to connect to the remote controller several times (at least five times), and pay attention the following when connecting the remote controller:
a) If the remote controller is powered on and has been connected to the PC, the remote controller needs to be restarted.
b) Connect all the cables as required before powering on the remote controller.
c) Once the remote controller is connected, it may take a longer time for the Flight Simulator receiving the command sent from the button (at most 15 seconds). It is recommended to wait about 1 minute after connection. If there is an error with the connection, remove and connect the remote controller again.

2019-8-20
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-20 13:29
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may follow the troubleshooting below to possibly use the Flight simulator with your remote controller.

1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, reinstall the remote controller driver.

I cant see ports in device manager ?
2019-8-22
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-20 13:29

1. Ensure the settings on the device manager is the same as below (there is only one DJI VIRTUAL USB, and device description is the same). If not, reinstall the remote controller driver.

cant see ports(com ) in windows 10
2019-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GoFly Drone Posted at 8-25 10:35
cant see ports(com ) in windows 10

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Would it be possible if you could provide us a screenshot? Please ensure that your remote controller is connected to your computer. Thank you for cooperation.
2019-8-26
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 8-26 14:01
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Would it be possible if you could provide us a screenshot? Please ensure that your remote controller is connected to your computer. Thank you for cooperation.

i got all that to show now but the c buttons dont work and if i press enter to fly it crashes the app eveytime, realy frustrating
2019-9-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GoFly Drone Posted at 9-1 02:13
i got all that to show now but the c buttons dont work and if i press enter to fly it crashes the app eveytime, realy frustrating

Hi, thanks for the update. We would like to apologize about the situation, after checking this particular situation. We're regretful to inform you that the flight simulator could only support the remote controller of the Mavic Air and Smart controller. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-9-2
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 9-2 09:10
Hi, thanks for the update. We would like to apologize about the situation, after checking this particular situation. We're regretful to inform you that the flight simulator could only support the remote controller of the Mavic Air and Smart controller. We do appreciate your understanding.

As i am thankfull for the reply .
I have wated MANY HOURS trying to get this to work , when if you had read the post and done some proper research i could have had this answer weeks ago ...I do appreciate i never said it was the MAVIC 2 PRO , but it is in the MAVIC 2 PRO section and the comment about the samrt controller might have given it away ..
When you are a SUPER MODERATOR i would expect you to know the products that you are MODERATING for......and while i am on the subject ....
WHY does it not support one of the most popular drones you do ? i am amazed at this.....
right ranting over ....
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules