Ronin SC not triggering the shutter in timelapse/motionlapse
18649 46 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eliran Liri Elgozi
New
Israel

I have the same issue.

Triggered are stoped in the middle of the process when I use multi exposure option on my camera..

I think the ronin software counts the multi exposure shot as 5 or 3 (depends on the setting s) instead of just 1.

Which causing it to think it finish to shoot so it won't triggered..

DJi..I would like to have new drone for finding this bug.

2022-1-15
Use props
Eliran Liri Elgozi
New
Israel

jaroslav.adame Posted at 2019-8-20 13:43
seriously.. am I the only one having this issue?  both of my A7iii and A7Riii are behaving the same, I've also tried the app with an Android phone (instead of my iOS iphone) - still the same - trigger for stills just does not work, even though it seems to be working in the app, but nothing happens with the camera...

This is 100% bug of the counter.
2022-1-15
Use props
1cE_
New

Ukraine

Hi everybody! If my message will help you, i'll be happy. So!
I have Sony A7III, and RSC2, and want to record timelapse through APP. So, if you want to do this, you need to find in your box cable with mark: USB C to Sony multi (I have this one in my box) that tune your camera like you want. I try this, push in app start button and camera start to make shoots. But before I use usb с to usb с cable and there was a problem. Nothing happens when I press start button. Have a nice day)
2022-4-17
Use props
Cottonline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173474 ft
Canada

I've had the same problem as most of you. Sony looks like the shutter is being triggered but get home and the card is empty. I've copy and pasted this from my phone as I don't have the capacity to remember this.
This is how I get the Sony Alpha A7Siii to shoot a motion timelapse with the Ronin SC2

Ronin SC2 settings for Alpha A7Siii

Sony touch focus/follow needs to be off.
Came needs to be in photo mode.
Ctrl w/ smartphone -off (31/49 in photo menu)
PC remote function is on
Sony HDMI to raven hdmi
USB-C from back of Raven to Ronin wifi port
USB-C from Ronin RSS to Sony multi port in Sony
Turn on raven - shows red
Must turn on Ronin before camera
Turn on ronin (raven turns blue)
Launch app and connect to raven in app
Connect to raven using wifi
Disable blue tooth

This works for me. Hope it helps. Confusing sequence if you only do it once in a blue moon.
2022-12-5
Use props
djiuser_MQOe0uGNyi4m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358117 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone, I'm using Ronin RSC2 and sony A7iii
I Accidentally damaged the multi cable connected to gimbal RSs C and micro usb to camera (USB C TO SONY MULTI) PART 2
This is the only cable that can trigger your shutter camera
This cable is out of stock,  I order several cable USB c to micro usb and nothing helped, after discussing with Sony and DJI this is the conclusion
I'm waiting for the cable to come this Monday, hoping the issue will be resolved
Befor damaging the cable everything was working permanently.
16707706596228853940386571467217.jpg
2022-12-11
Use props
schlutz
lvl.1
Australia

cole.runnels@gmail.com Posted at 2019-8-28 15:05
Replying rather than editing for simplicity and visibility. It works now with the Micro-B cable. There's no reason this shouldn't work with the USB-C cable. Weird.

Thanks.  What is a micro-B cable?
2023-5-12
Use props
McToddy
lvl.1

United States

Progress made: I got my time lapse images saved on my Sony A7iii (A7M3) during a time lapse operation on my RS3.

TL;DR: I used bluetooth connection between the A7 and RS3 and it worked.  (I couldn't get it to work using the USB-C cable)

In earlier replies in this thread, people were mentioning the USB-C to Multi cable, but I don't recall having that cable when I got my RS3.

Anyways, here's a small backstory that lead me to getting the time lapse working. About 6 months ago, I got my RS3 after getting tired using a friends Ronin S to shoot weddings. Upon getting the RS3, I tried to learn the new features that the RS3 had that the S didn't. A couple of those features were:

1) Using the "M" button (on the RS3) to take a photo.
2) Using the front dial wheel to (soft) zoom.  (Essentially, digital zoom)

These features weren't critical for me, but intriguing. In trying to figure out how to get these functions to work, I found that they would only work when the RS3 is tethered to the A7iii via bluetooth -- I couldnt get these functions to work using the USB-C cable. At the time, I preferred (but can't recall now as to why) to using USB-C cable to tether the RS3 to the A7iii  

Jumping forward to the time lapse issue, I figured that if I could get the "M" button to take the photo action working, that's one step forward to getting the shutter to trigger (single shot or time lapse). It took a bit of review of my past notes, but here's what I did:

How to tether via Bluetooth:

1) Remove USB-C cable connecting the RS3 to the A7iii
2) On the RS3's home screen (where the battery indicator is  shown in the upper right corner), swipe down  and tap the Bluetooth icon and pair
3) On the A7iii, Menu -> Network 2 -> Bluetooth Settings -> Bluetooth Function -> On. Then using Pairing to pair with the RS3
4) On the A7iii, Menu -> Network 3 -> Bluetooth Rmt Ctrl -> On.
5) On the RS3's home screen, swipe up, then swipe right and tap on 'M Button', then check on "Take Photo"
6) On the RS3, press and release the M button to verify that the A7iii's shutter triggered to snap a picture
7) Run time lapse to verify functionality  and that pics were saved on the the A7iii

How enable (digital) zoom with the dial wheel (if you are interested)

8) On the RS3's home screen (where the battery indicator is  shown in the upper right corner), swipe up and tap "Dial Functions", then check "Focus & Zoom: Bluetooth/Cable-Driven"
9) On the A7iii, Menu -> Zoom (aka, tab Camera 2, page 5) -> Zoom Settings -> On: ClearImage Zoom

Note about digital zoom: This is taking advantage of the extra pixels available on the A7's sensor that 1080 HD would down sample to and is independent of the lens you are using (prime/fixed vs optical zoom). (Think of how APS-C mode punches in from full frame mode). The "Clear Image" zoom only punches in to the 1:1 pixel resolution of the sensor. "On: Digital Zoom" punches in further, but the pixels start to look blocky. Also, the dial wheel steps the zoom by x0.1 steps -- playback of the zoom in/out action will show some jerkyness, so it may not look very appealing . However, you could do a zoom-in/record/stop/zoom-out/record/stop if you need to punch in using a prime/fixed lens.

Take it for what it is.

In any case, I hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you too.
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules