Quick Question!
2569 7 2019-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

Anyone tried using the Osmo Action as a Car Dashcam? (Just wondering lol)

Does it support loop recording?

2019-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI Osmo Action can not be use as a dash cam for your car. A pop-up message will appear to notify you when the SD card of the DJI Osmo Action is full, and it will stop recording. The old videos will not be overwritten. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-8-18
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I have tried my OA in my windscreen on a short drive, but it is not a dashcam and should not be used as a dashcam, and dont have features like segmented recording and overwriting when the memory card are full.
I am also sure the OA will overheat if you live / drive in a hot place, not least if you dont have the air-condition going in the car.
If you want a 4K dashcam you might consider what Viofo have coming soon in form of the A 129 pro, and others will follow.

In general 4K and dashcam are not optimal as the current "small" sensors dont do that well in low light Vs the enhanced "starvis" sensors that are used in dashcams now, so low light performance will lag some but it is not like it is unusable, just not as good as the best 1080 and 1440p sensors currently in use.
And not least you will have to remove the nice expensive and visible OA camera, where a dashcam will remain in the car, and maybe even do parking guard when the car are parked.
Okay a good dashcam also cost some, but you can usually install it far more stealthy, and dashcams are also geared to that job and often record at a moderate bitrate so it dont generate too much heat.

If you need a dashcam, you should go to dashcamtalk.com and get smart.

2019-8-18
Use props
Huawei De Guzman
lvl.4

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-18 14:04
Hello and good day Huawei De Guzman. Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI Osmo Action can not be use as a dash cam for your car. A pop-up message will appear to notify you when the SD card of the DJI Osmo Action is full, and it will stop recording. The old videos will not be overwritten. Should you have any inquiries or concern please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your continued support.

Uh.. okay thank you!
2019-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Huawei De Guzman. You're very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concern please let us know. We are here to always help and support you. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
djiuser_K8sAUOX7ldcf
New

India

i got the [url]Samsung Sd card is it really possible to identify fake one before buying?
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_K8sAUOX7ldcf
New

India

peiter Posted at 2019-8-18 18:38
I have tried my OA in my windscreen on a short drive, but it is not a dashcam and should not be used as a dashcam, and dont have features like segmented recording and overwriting when the memory card are full.
I am also sure the OA will overheat if you live / drive in a hot place, not least if you dont have the air-condition going in the car.
If you want a 4K dashcam you might consider what Viofo have coming soon in form of the A 129 pro, and others will follow.

they dont allow you to post man
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_K8sAUOX7ldcf
New

India

it does, all dash cam do
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules